Gun owner stops violent beating....at store where anti gunners have tried to ban guns...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
If you follow the battle for the right to keep and bear arms in a free society, you know that the Kroger's chain of stores has been under attack by rabid anti gunners...they want to force Kroger's to ban guns in the hands of private citizens on their property.......well.....a concealed carry permit holder stopped a violent beating in one of Kroger's parking lots.....

And no shots were fired...as is the result in 54% of gun self defense uses........

BREAKING Concealed Carry Holder Saves Elderly Man from Beating in Kroger Parking Lot - The Truth About Guns

The folks at Moms Demand Action believe that Kroger is somehow a magical space where nothing bad ever happens, and ridicules anyone who thinks that they should be allowed to carry a concealed handgun on the premises. Time and again their fantasy has been patently disproven, but this time there’s a twist. At a Kroger in Arkansas this past Wednesday, an elderly man was being savagely beaten by seven people. One man, armed with a concealed handgun, decided to step in and try to save that man’s life. This is the true story of how a concealed handgun at Kroger saved lives.

From Ozarks First:

The 24-year-old says when he was leaving the grocery store he saw something he couldn’t ignore. “I saw seven people against one guy and I did not like those odds.”

The out numbered man was elderly so Gene felt obligated to get involved. “Throw down, step to the side, draw, then up.”

With the gun drawn the attackers turned their attention. “They kept yelling this isn’t your fight, you need to walk away you need to put the gun down,” Gene says.

“While all this was happening shoppers pulled out a weapon of their own, their cell phones, so they can take pictures and call police.”

“Some lady behind yells there’s a man with a gun to 911.”

By the time police arrived the attackers and the victim took off.

Turns out they were all related, police say the man was an uncle being assaulted by his nephew.

We asked shoppers what they would have done.

“I would have done the same thing.”

And for you Brain....

Shopper Pulls Gun to Protect Man Being Assaulted - OzarksFirst.com

Don't always need a gun. but it helps...

When the odds are 7 to 1....a gun fits the bill perfectly.......and is more likely to stop the violence without the attackers turning on the rescuer.....

2AGuy, you pecker is still tiny no matter how many guns you own. Deal with it.

Joe....what is it with you and other peoples anatomy.....oh....I get it....are you transitioning to another sex....like Bruce Jenner..........did you get the procedure and then decide you didn't want it.....but oops....too late.....I get it now......Joe....go and get some counseling........it won't fix what you have done to yourself....but it may help deal with your stupidity......

In every thread you start, people will show up early on to troll It. Don't give them the time of day. They will very quickly wander off if you don't play with them.

This is a good find. I would like more people (not everyone) to be armed in order to force people to act right and make the police a tad less necessary.

If you follow the battle for the right to keep and bear arms in a free society, you know that the Kroger's chain of stores has been under attack by rabid anti gunners...they want to force Kroger's to ban guns in the hands of private citizens on their property.......well.....a concealed carry permit holder stopped a violent beating in one of Kroger's parking lots.....

And no shots were fired...as is the result in 54% of gun self defense uses........

BREAKING Concealed Carry Holder Saves Elderly Man from Beating in Kroger Parking Lot - The Truth About Guns

The folks at Moms Demand Action believe that Kroger is somehow a magical space where nothing bad ever happens, and ridicules anyone who thinks that they should be allowed to carry a concealed handgun on the premises. Time and again their fantasy has been patently disproven, but this time there’s a twist. At a Kroger in Arkansas this past Wednesday, an elderly man was being savagely beaten by seven people. One man, armed with a concealed handgun, decided to step in and try to save that man’s life. This is the true story of how a concealed handgun at Kroger saved lives.

From Ozarks First:

The 24-year-old says when he was leaving the grocery store he saw something he couldn’t ignore. “I saw seven people against one guy and I did not like those odds.”

The out numbered man was elderly so Gene felt obligated to get involved. “Throw down, step to the side, draw, then up.”

With the gun drawn the attackers turned their attention. “They kept yelling this isn’t your fight, you need to walk away you need to put the gun down,” Gene says.

“While all this was happening shoppers pulled out a weapon of their own, their cell phones, so they can take pictures and call police.”

Turns out they were all related, police say the man was an uncle being assaulted by his nephew.

And for you Brain....

Where do you get the 54% stat?

From Ozarks First:

And for you Brain....

Where do you get the 54% stat?

From Kleck's study....

I'll find the exact part in the study...

Armed Resistance to Crime The Prevalence and Nature of Self-Defense with a Gun

kleck3.jpg

Last edited:

From Ozarks First:

And for you Brain....

They were all related, this was no random attack. Would be interesting to know what it was about. Could be the old guy did something nobody would approve of.

Don't forget also, that your cellphone camera is a very important tool you can use to help thwart crime. Its a good first line of defence before you reach for a gun.

Don't forget also, that your cellphone camera is a very important tool you can use to help thwart crime. Its a good first line of defence before you reach for a gun.

I agree....but a cell phone and a gun is better than just a cell phone.......it is harder to stop an attack with a cell phone...unless you are really, really good.......

From Ozarks First:

And for you Brain....

They were all related, this was no random attack. Would be interesting to know what it was about. Could be the old guy did something nobody would approve of.

But beating him in public like that...in a crowded parking lot....?

I agree....but a cell phone and a gun is better than just a cell phone.......it is harder to stop an attack with a cell phone...unless you are really, really good.......

A cell phone doesn't accidently shoot an innocent person. Or purposely shoot the wrong person. Many of your defenses go bad...

Can't he write shorter studies? If that's what happens 54% of the time what is the rest of the breakdown? I'm curious about the other 46%.

I saw the 54% somewhere in one of his papers I can't get it just now....but I posted the questions and answers to his primary work....

Bummer.

From Ozarks First:

And for you Brain....

But beating him in public like that...in a crowded parking lot....?

Just saying it would be nice to know the whole story. When they are relatives it makes me very suspicious.

A cell phone doesn't accidently shoot an innocent person. Or purposely shoot the wrong person. Many of your defenses go bad...

Correct, it is a good FIRST LINE of defense and it is often enough, but if people stand up to crime with an armed response, criminals will start to think twice about attacking "vulnerable" citizens.

Correct, it is a good FIRST LINE of defense and it is often enough, but if people stand up to crime with an armed response, criminals will start to think twice about attacking "vulnerable" citizens.

Exactly....for example...here in Chicago this week we had an Uber driver stop a mass shooting because he had a concealed carry permit and gun.....a while back another concealed carrier stopped a mass shooting at a party.....according to some people...it takes about 5% of the people to carry guns in order to reduce your crime levels....and there have to be publicly known incidents of people using their guns to stop crime....to get the word out to criminals......so we are starting to get there.......but the gang culture in Chicago is really strong.....so random crime will be stopped but organized gang violence may not be easy to stop....

I know that sounds nice in theory but we already have the most guns in the world and low gun control. Most people picking on the vulnerable don't do it when there is help at hand. I have not seven evidence that more guns lowers crime. If it did we would have the lowest crime rates in the world.

Forum List

Back