Gun Grabbing bill is signed by Colorado governor,sheriffs vow not to enforce it

You're an idiot.

But I get to keep my guns. If you lived here, you might not be so lucky. We would have to see.

Unless you find a judge with an agenda, then you get to wait months for any appeals process to go forward.

If you find a judge with an agenda, you could get life for just crossing the street. You really don't have a point here. Yes, hire Guliani where he can get your Life in Prison for a Parking Ticket.

You just ignore the point I am making because you are a pansy prog dick sucking quisling.

The point you are making is, no matter how bad it can be your twisted imagination will scream at the top of your lungs just how bad it can actually be even though it actually won't be. Damn, Sam, that scare tactic only works on small children and you strumpets. We be adults.

I live in a City where by law, I have to wait 3-6 months and pay over $500 in fees to just keep a revolver in my own apartment.

I live in the worst case scenario.

The law that you ultra rightwingers are talking about is the Red Flag law. Let me attempt to dumb it down to you.

If a person is thought to be a danger to him/herself or others and has guns, a family member or a law enforcement can take it in front of a Judge to determine if that person should have those guns in their possession of not. The Judge cannot arbitrarily make a decision at that point. The Person in question has to be afforded the option of a Mental Health test by a Mental Health Professional to determine if a danger does, in fact exist. If none exists then the weapons stay. IF it does exist, the Judge can order the guns to be temporarily removed until the condition passes which will have another court date and mental health exam. Now the tricky part. The Guns can be voluntarily turned over to either the Authorities or even a Family Member or a friend and satisfy the court order.

In Delta County, in the Western Slop of Colorado, the New Sheriff was elected. One of his (about his only one) campaign promises was that he would not enforce that law if passed. He was elected. Now it's passed. He finds out that the State Police will enforce it, the AG will enforce it, the Governor will enforce it and any Sheriff that doesn't will end up with some Jail time fast, have a felony and a Felon cannot serve as a Sheriff. Guess what, he now says he will adhere to the law. You know, exactly what his oath of office says he should.

If you have trouble with this law, chances are, you are either misinformed or wouldn't pass the mental exam and have to temporarily surrender your firearms. Hopefully, there is at least one sane person in your family that could care for your firearms.
You're an idiot.

But I get to keep my guns. If you lived here, you might not be so lucky. We would have to see.

Unless you find a judge with an agenda, then you get to wait months for any appeals process to go forward.

If you find a judge with an agenda, you could get life for just crossing the street. You really don't have a point here. Yes, hire Guliani where he can get your Life in Prison for a Parking Ticket.

You just ignore the point I am making because you are a pansy prog dick sucking quisling.

You might want to do a little research on what the law actually provides before posting. Just a kind thought.

The point you are making is, no matter how bad it can be your twisted imagination will scream at the top of your lungs just how bad it can actually be even though it actually won't be. Damn, Sam, that scare tactic only works on small children and you strumpets. We be adults.

I live in a City where by law, I have to wait 3-6 months and pay over $500 in fees to just keep a revolver in my own apartment.

How’s crime?

You're an idiot.

You might want to do a little research on what the law actually provides before posting. Just a kind thought.

What the law provides for, and how it will be applied are two different things.

Does the person under the order receive compensation if the order is found to be unwarranted? Are the people asking for the order held liable if something happens to the person under the order when they are disarmed?

How’s crime?

Getting worse because of Diblasio.

Sad, Sheriff’s refusing to do their jobs. They don’t make laws, they enforce them.
What is sad is libtards thinking they are smart. Stupid law signed by a stupid cimmie gov.
They are trying to protect people. These sheriffs should follow and do their jobs. If its not constitutional, that's a job for judges.

So you're just fine with them disregarding people's rights because they are trying to protect people?

So then an armed swat team can break down your door and search you r person and your home even if they don't have a warrant if they are trying to protect people?

Warrant signed, sealed and delivered by a court. That warrant you say that wouldn't exist would have to exist. Now, go peddle your hysteria someplace else. We ain't buying it. The only thing we are covering is, is the persons due process protected. Not your silly "Let's ding the Dems" crap.

You didn't get my point as usual

Brain alluded to thing being done in the name of "safety" that clearly violate a person's rights.

Like the CO Red Flag bill.

Sad, Sheriff’s refusing to do their jobs. They don’t make laws, they enforce them.
What is sad is libtards thinking they are smart. Stupid law signed by a stupid cimmie gov.
They are trying to protect people. These sheriffs should follow and do their jobs. If its not constitutional, that's a job for judges.

So you're just fine with them disregarding people's rights because they are trying to protect people?

So then an armed swat team can break down your door and search you r person and your home even if they don't have a warrant if they are trying to protect people?
If that’s the law. I’m very lawful.
Even if the law is unconstitutional?

Nice to know you're willing to roll over like a good little dog if your masters tell you to

What the law provides for, and how it will be applied are two different things.

Does the person under the order receive compensation if the order is found to be unwarranted? Are the people asking for the order held liable if something happens to the person under the order when they are disarmed?
You win, Kreskin. LOL Actually you just doubled down on your willful ignorance, but I don't give a fuck. LOL More for the course

Nice to know you're willing to roll over like a good little dog if your masters tell you to
You mean I’m lawful. Judges determine if it constitutional, not me or you.

How’s crime?

I’m pretty sure it’s a very low crime city....

How’s crime?

I’m pretty sure it’s a very low crime city....

Not really.

Quality of life crimes have increased dramatically. DiBlasio has no issue with subway cars becoming rolling shelters.

And the gun law was in place prior to the situation improving in the 90's and 2000's so the law had zero impact on that.

FOURTEEN OTHER STATES have similar laws, and an emergency order is only good for fourteen days, after which it automatically ceases to have any effect unless there's a full blown hearing on whether the person is dangerous.

It's all bs and another bleeding vagina thread

I have to agree with Federal Judge Young. She more or less said, "If you don't like the laws, move". I wouldn't want to live there. But if it's home to you and you don't want another alternative, I guess you have to put up with the rules.

I have to agree with Federal Judge Young. She more or less said, "If you don't like the laws, move". I wouldn't want to live there. But if it's home to you and you don't want another alternative, I guess you have to put up with the rules.

Rights of a US Citizen should not be dependent on your location.

So I guess if blacks in the South before the 60's didn't like Jim Crow they should have just moved?

Warrant signed, sealed and delivered by a court. That warrant you say that wouldn't exist would have to exist. Now, go peddle your hysteria someplace else. We aiI sun't buying it. The only thing we are covering is, is the persons due process protected. Not your silly "Let's ding the Dems" crap.

Brain alluded to thing being done in the name of "safety" that clearly violate a person's rights.

Then I suggest you take Federal Judge Young's advice and don't move to Colorado. Of course, her advice applied to Boston but it can apply to anywhere else as well. You have options, use them. Chances are, we don't want you either.

So I guess if blacks in the South before the 60's didn't like Jim Crow they should have just moved?

There you go again. What's the matter, you afraid someone is going to take your icecream away from you or something? Or are you the one that took the other kids ice cream. Your fear tactics only works on small children and strumpets. We be adults in here.

There you go again. What's the matter, you afraid someone is going to take your icecream away from you or something? Or are you the one that took the other kids ice cream. Your fear tactics only works on small children and strumpets. We be adults in here.

You got called out on a crap statement, be man enough to take it.

Warrant signed, sealed and delivered by a court. That warrant you say that wouldn't exist would have to exist. Now, go peddle your hysteria someplace else. We aiI sun't buying it. The only thing we are covering is, is the persons due process protected. Not your silly "Let's ding the Dems" crap.

Then I suggest you take Federal Judge Young's advice and don't move to Colorado. Of course, her advice applied to Boston but it can apply to anywhere else as well. You have options, use them. Chances are, we don't want you either.

Everything you said about the Red Flag law was WRONG

There is no mental health evaluation by a professional. You only get a court appointed lawyer after an EPRO is issued and your guns are confiscated and all it takes is the opinion of a family member or law enforcement officer.

This law will be challenged and it will not stand

You got called out on a crap statement, be man enough to take it.

You just looked like a childish person. You have nothing to say that I care to hear. Now, go play in your sandbox. And you can't have my ice cream either, bully.

FOURTEEN OTHER STATES have similar laws, and an emergency order is only good for fourteen days, after which it automatically ceases to have any effect unless there's a full blown hearing on whether the person is dangerous.

It's all bs and another bleeding vagina thread

Not in CO.

I linked to a description of the CO law earlier.

There is no requirement for an actual mental health professional to evaluate the person before or after an EPRO is placed.
All that is needed is the opinion of a family member or some other close acquaintance or a cop.

The burden is on the accused to prove he is not dangerous not on the state to prove he is

Forum List

Back