Guest Worker, Illegals, Difference? None.

OCA said:
Maybe that is a question better suited for government higherups.

Somewhere or another within the last year I read an article and the article was about these workers from this small village in Mexico who for decades now had been coming to America on a seasonal basis to clean blue crabs on Maryland's Eastern Shore for processing and eventually retail sale. Somehow or another a "quota" had been reached on workers entering legally and these people were not able to enter now and therefore the crab guys would suffer also because for sure they could never find domestic workers to do this god awful work, hence the reason they had hired the Mexicans in the first place.

Now we all talk about legally and illegally but does this really make sense in this case? These people were trying to do exactly what we want them to do and still they were denied.

I'll see if I can't find that archived article, I think its from the Baltimore Sun.

Well, you know I respect your opinion on this OCA. We disagree and that's cool.

I was watching some of the protests on TV. They interviewed one mexican that said, "they want to treat us like criminals, all we want to do is work". Well sorry, but when you cross our border illegaly, you ARE a criminal. You've broken American law. Plain and simple.

Forum List

Back