Guest Worker, Illegals, Difference? None.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Mindset change needed in D.C.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/pr...s.com/articles/2006/03/importing_poverty.html

2. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    A Rose by any other name, is a .........

3. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    What about:

Guest "students?" Oh wait, they can be terrorists. So we crack down on student visas, make a big deal about how they are here illegally past their visiting hours, but pass on workers here illegally.

Makes no sense. They are either here legally or not. If not, we call them ILLEGAL aliens.

4. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,233
    I listened to some of the President's speach the other night. When he got to talking about illegals, every time he said, "we need them here to do the jobs American's won't do", I wanted to puke.

That one issue pisses me off bad about the Prez. I think he's dead ass wrong. I also think he's doing what he's doing so he won't get his ass shot off by a mexican when goes back to Texas after his term is up. I can't see any other REASONABLE reason he's being such an idiot about the MASSIVE illegal problem, ESPECIALLY in this post 9/11 day and age.

5. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Has anybody found these "supposed" workers we have waiting to do the jobs currently being done by illegals? Nah, didn't think so.

A simple and undeniable fact is, and you can find all the tomato machine stories you want, if illegals are deported several western state economies will collapse, this is unargueable and sad but nevertheless it is true.

You know I know nobody here agrees with me on this subject but many moons ago I said that what will happen concerning illegals is exactly what is fixing to transpire soon, somebody at least give me some credit for calling this one correctly.

BTW, Mexican illegals have nothing to do with terrorism and 9/11, these are buzzterms used to rile emotions.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I hope the people who are so vociferous about this don't want to go to a grocery store, restaurant and don't need any domestic help. And if they stay in a hotel, they should change their own sheets and vacuum their own rooms.

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Let's boot the illegals and see what happens--I wanna see some damn proof that Americans will not do the jobs and our economy will collapse. It's pretty easy to get em back if what everyone says is true about illegals.

8. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Good idea, let's do it. Who's going to do it? Obviously not the Republicans, they control the Presidency, House, Senate and most of the judiciary and they're not doing it.

The Democrats? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So who?

9. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    Gonna have to be the states. No, there not tossing them...but tking some action anyway. About time.
    http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=404727&postcount=1

10. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66

Pay a decent wage and Americans will do the job. Pay below a decent wage to illegals, because you can to illegals that have no legal recourse, and Americans won't do the job. Sorry but you're just not giving unfettered capitalism; i.e. illegals altering normal capitalism with their willingness to work for wages below that which capitalism would support, a chance to set the market straight.

By the way this seems to be one of the only things that prompts posts from you. Care to explain why?