guess who wasn't invited?

Among the guests at the royal wedding was pop star Elton John (without his boyfriend though) and soccer star Dave Beckham but the (former) leader of the free world wasn't invited. That's right, The B. Hussein Obama's weren't invited and neither was Joan Rivers.

Was it a political event?

Yes. The bride and groom invited a small portion of the guests - the rest were political.

It's safe to say that sending back the Churchill Bust and giving the Queen an ipod full of Obama speeches didn't IMPRESS.

The strangest part about the hats was that with royalty there are so many traditions and protocols.

If someone wore one of those freakish hats to my wedding, I would have been offended. Damn...if Elton John dresses with more respect For the occasion than you, you know you have a problem

Nancy Reagan attended the Charles & Di Do.

ok but I asked has any president attended?

Ronald Reagan was invited to the Charles & Di Do, but was still recovering from the assassination attempt and was too ill too travel. Hence, Nancy represented the U.S. herself.

Yell I guess you're right Ronnie had more pressing head of state things to do, where as bo was hard at work practicing his back swing for his next golf trip.:lol:

My understanding was that both the Obamas broke several protocol rules last time they came by.

And there was a huge amount of bad blood between Sarah Ferguson and the Queen. Kind of chicken of Bill to disinvite his aunt on his grandma's say so.

Well they moved my post from political to general but who cares. I heard that the president of Syria was invited and dis-invited after the riots. I guess even the spoiled kids in the English monarchy realize where their oil is coming from.There was a time when the country formerly known as England wouldn't dare snub the President of the United States but America's glory days are fading and it seems democrats ain't too sad about it.

Well they moved my post from political to general but who cares. I heard that the president of Syria was invited and dis-invited after the riots. I guess even the spoiled kids in the English monarchy realize where their oil is coming from.There was a time when the country formerly known as England wouldn't dare snub the President of the United States but America's glory days are fading and it seems democrats ain't too sad about it.

Who was the last President to attend one of these shindigs?

Why would they invite the leader of a republic - Sarkozy and Obama for example?

The pretty movie star look alikes in the pop-media culture claim with a straignt face that the royal wedding was a "family affair" and they can snub the most powerful leader of the free world if they want to. Here's the difference, a dad who foots the bill for his daughter's wedding at the legion hall can call it a family affair. A couple who elopes to Vegas can call it a family affair. A family of royal freaks who are supported by the hard work of the taxpayers can never call their extravaganza a "family affair".

The pretty movie star look alikes in the pop-media culture claim with a straignt face that the royal wedding was a "family affair" and they can snub the most powerful leader of the free world if they want to. Here's the difference, a dad who foots the bill for his daughter's wedding at the legion hall can call it a family affair. A couple who elopes to Vegas can call it a family affair. A family of royal freaks who are supported by the hard work of the taxpayers can never call their extravaganza a "family affair".

Who was the last US President to attend a Royal Wedding?

Among the guests at the royal wedding was pop star Elton John (without his boyfriend though) and soccer star Dave Beckham but the (former) leader of the free world wasn't invited. That's right, The B. Hussein Obama's weren't invited and neither was Joan Rivers.

Don't be silly. Obama is black. Can you imagine a black person at the royal wedding? See any black people in this picture?

prince_william_kate_middleton_royal_wedding_group_photograph.jpg

Hell no.

The queen, Charlie and her parents paid for all of the wedding bar the security...

Don't be silly. Obama is black. Can you imagine a black person at the royal wedding? See any black people in this picture?

prince_william_kate_middleton_royal_wedding_group_photograph.jpg

Hell no.

You really think the royals give a toss about colour? You must remember not to try and foist your US values/mores/morals on the British. They are chalk and cheese...

Forum List

Back