Antique Art Help

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
indian-praying.gif

Ex found this at a yard sale. Woman was in her 80's and she said it belonged to her mother. It's very old and in the original frame. Don't know if its a lithograph or what. This is NOT the picture, but is the same scene. The one I have in front of me is almost pastel and faded but still has color. Original paper covering on the back, so I don't want to take it apart because it will reduce the value.

My question is....who is the original artist of this particular theme of a praying indian?

• Banned
I agree. But I did find info about it. Took awhile, so...never mind.

I agree. But I did find info about it. Took awhile, so...never mind.

I remember a picture my uncle had in his house of an indian slumped over in his saddle and went nuts looking for it on the internet. Suddenly one day I found it and the picture was supposed to be very much copied. Not worth a thing in other words. It was called "End of the Trail".

4075end-of-the-trail-posters.jpg

It's still pretty cool though.

Hi Grace,

The original is actually a very large bronze statue from the turn of the last century. I don't remember the sculptors name but it is a pretty famous piece of art. I know they made smaller version as well. Those sell for thousands of dollars when they come up or sale.

• Banned
The one I have is very old and my guesstimation was indeed the 1920's. I think it's a chromo lithograph...or something like that. Most of what I found in google was Indian Praying or Praying Indian. End of the trail is the defeated horse and rider, yes.

Forum List

Back