Guess who else admonished a Scotus decision?

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
State of the Union: President Obama, Justice Alito and Political Theater - ABC News

Harding, Franklin D. Roosevelt and Reagan were the only three who really took aim at the Court specifically -- Harding to advocate the repeal of court decisions outlawing child labor in America (really); FDR to pressure the court to get out of the way of the New Deal; and Reagan to urge the passage of a constitutional amendment allowing school prayer.

• Banned
Hoover (who did just what you guys want Obama to do) wanted to preserve child labor for the corps.

Reagan who wanted to distroy the separation of church and state part of the constitution.

FDR who was trying to get the American people needed services which Americans to this day still love.

The President played politics with the Supreme Court. He did it with all three branches of government present. It was out of line completely. The Justices should have quietly risen and left the speech.

It's fucking HILARIOUS to watch you people dance around your own inconsistencies. Please, continue!

Should they have walked out on Reagan too?

Try to follow this. The three cited Presidents were advocating a position they would like the court to pursue. Obama was critical of an actual decision. I happen to agree with the President's position. The disagreement comes with when and where he chose to make the statement.

The President played politics with the Supreme Court. He did it with all three branches of government present. It was out of line completely. The Justices should have quietly risen and left the speech.
When the president criticizes Congress, should they bamboozle too?

Three separate but co-equal branches of government...

Every president that called out the supreme court during a state of the union were wrong. It's as simple as that.

-TSO

I agree.

And the members of Congress are a bunch of douchers for giving him a standing ovation for doing it.

I really wish they would make a gag rule for all of Congress when the president is speaking. Agree or disagree with what is said...SHUT UP!!! Eliminate the grand standing, cheering and grumbling, let the president speak...uninterupted.

-TSO

Especially when the President is wrong or lying about what he was criticizing the Supreme Court justices about...

Should they have walked out on Reagan too?

Try to follow this. The three cited Presidents were advocating a position they would like the court to pursue. Obama was critical of an actual decision. I happen to agree with the President's position. The disagreement comes with when and where he chose to make the statement.

You're asking truthdon'tmatter to think? And see fact instead of spin? Seriously? :lol:

Talk about political correctness!!! It would seem to me that a STOTU address is exactly the time for the POTUS to inform the people, AND the other two branches of government what he thinks of the actions of those two branches. He said it for all the nation and the world to hear.

And you guys accuse liberals of being PC......hahahaha

Forum List

Back