GT ft. Midnight Marauder "Energy"

YOOOOOO!

Hot track my man, I really like the flow again dude! Good lyrics too, staying on topic and not rambling, really tight shit. It went real well with that beat too.

And I wasn't sure about the narration part at first, but it grew on me after I listened to the track a couple more times. That was really dope, fellas!

GT, you know about that dude DZK on soundclick?

Last edited:
I've been listening to him for a few years now, yepp. He just signed Canibus to his new label. War Lab - Underground Hip Hop - Rap Music Community

I know I just saw that recently, I can't believe that shit! I used to send beats to him back in like '06 to get him to put something over them.

He liked a few I sent him and then I had a fire that ruined my studio and I lost everything. I ended up going on hiatus for a while and never followed back up with him.

I knew he was going to get signed eventually.

He and Canibus just made an Eminem diss track together too. DZK cuts Em pretty deep.

This is going to be a soap opera I'm going to pay real close attention to :lol:

Get your shit back to operation and let's get to work.

MM check your mixdown, that track is clipping all OVER the place.
It hovers at or near 0d the whole time, only clips at +.5 or 1.

Not egregious, not distorted. Not noticeable without instrumentation.

The main difference is compression of the tracks and some FX on the vocals.

However, when GT burned this onto a CD and played it in his ride, he found his vocal dubs to be too loud. I've since fixed both issues.

However, when GT burned this onto a CD and played it in his ride, he found his vocal dubs to be too loud. I've since fixed both issues.

When I clicked on the link the track was very heavily distorted and popping like crazy.

When I clicked on the link the track was very heavily distorted and popping like crazy.
That's quite odd.

That's quite odd.

It's still doing it.

It cracks and pops a little bit during the opening voice intro, and then when the beat drops it just goes haywire.

It literally sounds like all the fader levels were just slid all the way up to the top. I'm not saying you DID that, I'm just saying that's what the mix sounds like.

That's quite odd.

It's still doing it.

It cracks and pops a little bit during the opening voice intro, and then when the beat drops it just goes haywire.

It literally sounds like all the fader levels were just slid all the way up to the top. I'm not saying you DID that, I'm just saying that's what the mix sounds like.
Neither GT or I noticed any of that, and it doesn't show up on our boards either.

Either way, I have another mix of this which addresses GT's issues listening in his ride, just haven't hosted it up yet. We're already working on another track!

That's quite odd.

It's still doing it.

Neither GT or I noticed any of that, and it doesn't show up on our boards either.

Either way, I have another mix of this which addresses GT's issues listening in his ride, just haven't hosted it up yet. We're already working on another track!

Maybe there's something wrong with my quicktime or something.

Yeah it must be my quicktime because every one of those tracks plays in my browser's quicktime and they all pop badly.

ok I d/l it and played it in my wmp and vlc, and they still crackle and pop.

I don't think the problem is on my end.

GT - there will be a time very shortly when I'll start making beats again. Me and the Mrs. and are so busy opening up a business right now, all my free time is spent renovating the building so we can be open by June 1.

After it opens, the business is all hers, and I'll have a lot more free time with less kid responsibilities. That's when I'm going to start making time for ME again. I'll have a lot of quiet time to just sit and create. You'll be the first to hear anything new that I make.

Forum List

Back