Group Plan Changes - It Has Started: Obamacare Changing Group Plans! Another LIE!!!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
I remember hearing "if you like your plan you can keep your plan. If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor." We all know he lied, but they tried to spin it as "he was just talking about group coverage."

Well I found out yesterday, he lied again (not that I was shocked or not expecting it). I work for a global corp with thousands of employees in the US alone (est 5K-10K). Open enrollment started. We used to have the option of a PPO, PPO with HRA and HMO. The HRA is good for a healthy young single guy, because it pays entirely the first $1,500 (now $1,200 starting this year) bills, after that you have a $1,500 deductible per person and $3.5K on the family with a 80/20 split thereafter. For a family of six like me it's no good. It's not an option. The PPO had a low deductible of $250 a person $750 family and a 80/20 split. That is what I have choosen for roughly 10 years.

That has changed! There is no PPO options, so I can't keep my plan. When I asked my HR person, she stated all she knows is that with the new regulations, it made it way to expensive to keep as an option. So my choice is the HRA (which is a horrible choice for a family of 6 and not an option) or the HMO. Never had an HMO, but I am forced into one now. My wife can't keep her doctor, because he refuses to work with HMOs. Oh yea the HMO went up 30% from last years, highest increase I have ever seen, even though we have more employees this year.

Obaminationcare is a crock of shit! Obama is the most dishonest President to be in the white house ever.

Ah... they're coming out of the woodwork.

Only several tens of millions to go yet.

Oh but wait- you must pass the Plasmaball test.... scan, upload, and post images of your current policy and the new ACA policy or no one will believe you. :lol:

Ah... they're coming out of the woodwork.

Only several tens of millions to go yet.

Oh but wait- you must pass the Plasmaball test.... scan, upload, and post images of your current policy and the new ACA policy or no one will believe you. :lol:

Yea I will get right on that for that tool. LOL.

I am trying to look at it on the bright side.
(1) No more 80/20 split. God did I hate that.
(2) My premiums actually go down (because the HMO was a lot less expensive than the PPO, even witht he increase this year).
(3) No more deductible.
(4) Emergency room co-pay dropped for $125 to $75.
(5) My doctor and my children's Peditrician are still in network. My wife is the only one who has to change.

In the end it might be the best move, but I would have liked the choice and not be forced to make this move!

My doctor remained in network and so does my kids' peditrician. My wife is the one who is going to have to change. My wife is a liberal and Obama supporter and voter. Her labor lawyer father brain washed her thinking and I can't break her from it.

She voted for Obama three times (once for senate) and she is the one the most against flipping to the HMO and having to change her doctor. I personally wanted to flip to the HMO years ago, but she didn't want to.

Now her President's plan has forced her to change from the doctor that she has had since she was in highschool and change to a HMO, which she has never had in her life!

Not to her face (because I know she is upset), but inside I am :eusa_boohoo: !

That has changed! There is no PPO options, so I can't keep my plan. When I asked my HR person, she stated all she knows is that with the new regulations, it made it way to expensive to keep as an option.

Obaminationcare is a crock of shit! Obama is the most dishonest President to be in the white house ever.

see the irony?

That has changed! There is no PPO options, so I can't keep my plan. When I asked my HR person, she stated all she knows is that with the new regulations, it made it way to expensive to keep as an option.

see the irony?

Nope, but I do see your stupidity!

see the irony?

Nope, but I do see your stupidity!

not doubt you fail to see the obvious.

I remember hearing "if you like your plan you can keep your plan. If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor." We all know he lied, but they tried to spin it as "he was just talking about group coverage."

Well I found out yesterday, he lied again (not that I was shocked or not expecting it). I work for a global corp with thousands of employees in the US alone (est 5K-10K). Open enrollment started. We used to have the option of a PPO, PPO with HRA and HMO. The HRA is good for a healthy young single guy, because it pays entirely the first $1,500 (now $1,200 starting this year) bills, after that you have a $1,500 deductible per person and $3.5K on the family with a 80/20 split thereafter. For a family of six like me it's no good. It's not an option. The PPO had a low deductible of $250 a person $750 family and a 80/20 split. That is what I have choosen for roughly 10 years.

That has changed! There is no PPO options, so I can't keep my plan. When I asked my HR person, she stated all she knows is that with the new regulations, it made it way to expensive to keep as an option. So my choice is the HRA (which is a horrible choice for a family of 6 and not an option) or the HMO. Never had an HMO, but I am forced into one now. My wife can't keep her doctor, because he refuses to work with HMOs. Oh yea the HMO went up 30% from last years, highest increase I have ever seen, even though we have more employees this year.

Yes, Obamacare has been a fraud perpetrated upon the American people and with deliberation. Even my Oregon Democratic congressman, has said so:

"Very misleading," the Democratic congressman says of Obama's promise
that you can keep your health care plan, if you like it.

"I think next year at the election time, people are going to want to know, was I able to sign up? And what is the shape of the benefit package I'm going to get and how much is it going to cost me, at the end of the day? I think this will, the sign-up period and problems and the horrendous problems that are going on right now will be way in the past.

"I think the president was grossly misleading to the American public. I know right away as a veterinarian, I have my own business, that my policies got cancelled even before the Affordable Care Act. I know that I would change policies on a regular basis, trying to find the best deal for myself and my employees. But a lot of Americans, a lot of Oregonians, have stayed with the same policy for a number of years and are shocked that their policy got cancelled.

"So I think the president saying you could stay with it and not being honest that a lot of these policies were going to get cancelled was grossly misleading to the American public and is causing added stress and added strife as we go through a really difficult time with health care."

Schrader also accused White House press secretary Jay Carney of "double talk" for also misleading on Obamacare.

Dem. Rep.: 'I Think the President Was Grossly Misleading to the American Public' | The Weekly Standard

Forum List

Back