Grocery expenses.

Douger

Rookie
Jun 25, 2009
Not fucking there !
Since It's been a long time since I've been to the empire what is you average cost per person at the grocer ( this includes paper, soap, etc.) per week or month.

We spend about 100 bucks and week give or take a few.

That's for the two of us and the dog.

Me and my two kids...we spend $400 a month, more or less. Hardly ever less.

I'm lucky because I run a tab at the local grocery store, so only have to pay 1x a month. They're a little more expensive, and quite a bit more limited than if I were to drive for 2 hours (one way) and hit the nearest big supermarket. I figure it pans out costwise, though, when you take into account the time and the cost of gas I'd spend to go somewhere else.

Plus I'm able to really keep tabs on exactly how much I do spend on groceries. It's kind of cool.

I've been spending about $20 a week, mostly for me, but I've had friends and kids too for an occasional dinner or lunch. It's become much more difficult to hold costs down in the past 3 months or so. With gas prices doing what they are, I expect it's going to get much, much worse.

I've been spending about $20 a week, mostly for me, but I've had friends and kids too for an occasional dinner or lunch. It's become much more difficult to hold costs down in the past 3 months or so. With gas prices doing what they are, I expect it's going to get much, much worse.

$20 as in twenty dollars? :eek:

Not too much now that I lost my appetite and ex eats what SIL feeds him when I cant cook. Id say about 150 per month (2 people, 4 dogs, 1 cat)...maybe 100.00.

Yep. Been doing so for over 9 months now.

For two about $70-80 a week. We eat breakfast and dinner here and pack food for work.

Packing food for work is a huge savings.

I also spend money on the kids' school lunch, which I didn't include in the cost because i don't think of it....

So, when are you due?

:tongue:

what do you eat? ramen exclusively? :eusa_eh:

Packing food for work is a huge savings.

Endorsed!!

I can still remember the comparative exercise in acceptable thrift I conducted a couple of years back, and how genuinely shocked I was at the results. When I was doing contract work after leaving the Army and was living on my own, one Friday (pay day) I was going over my weekly expenditures and it finally dawned on me how much money I was literally throwing away. My daily expenditure pre-financially restrained, was, on average, £25-a-day. London's a notoriously expensive metropolis to live in. After strictly budgeting my travel money to the bare minimum, five two-way journeys, rationing myself to a high carb and protein diet that was cheap to make and kept for a reasonable length of time - the recipe's called "slop", but is much more appetising than it sounds (it's a pasta and beef dish, basically) and omitting all of the frivolous tat I used to buy, I'm now spending, give-or-take a few quid, £5-a-day.

For general, domestic consumption, myself and her ladyship send our footman out with £100-a-week to maintain the level of comfort our positions in society entitle us to.

P.s. Anyone who isn't taking a practical look at how they can cut back their own personal expenditure during these rocky financial woes the world's enduring, is a complete fool.

4 of us...about $150 a week.
But I buy meats at a butcher shop, not the factory manufactured chem-meat selection at the grocery store and we shop at WalMart as little as humanly possible.
So we could probably buy artificial meat and shop at WalMart and save $25 a week but I like to walk around knowing I am helping my fellow countrymen rather than screw eavhother like 80% of the rest of America

Does anyone on this thread hunt game to supplement their diet/income? I do.

Or grow their own vegetables, perhaps? I don't, but it's currently under consideration.

Forum List

Back