Green Energy wont work - Who are you kidding?

Vanda

Rookie
Jul 12, 2010
I have been reading some of the posts on other threads and I still dont see anyone who can support the Green position with facts. We need to drill for oil. Do you really think we are going to cut down energy use in this country? or plug in a car every night?:confused:

Yes green energy can and I believe it eventually will work.

However, it must work because science has the breakthroughs needed and it must work without Government funding or subsidies.

Until science and not government can make green energy viable, then it is nothing but a dream.

it is easy....

put a solar array on your roof amd plug all your shit into it.....you are off the grid....

put a water storage tank in your back yard with pumps and filters and recirculate all your grey water and runoff for irrigation.....

piece of cake.....office buildings can do it.... anyone can.....

go look up sonoma mountain village or one planet living.....

However, it must work because science has the breakthroughs needed and it must work without Government funding or subsidies.

Until science and not government can make green energy viable, then it is nothing but a dream.

Yeah, the government funded a study in 1948 on something called semiconductors, a real waste of money, right?

Yeah, the government funded a study in 1948 on something called semiconductors, a real waste of money, right?

but semiconductors made things easier for the average American -quicker and more instant results. Green energy is asking for too many sacrifices to our way of life. We are used to having decent sized cars among other things. We wont change until we are forced into it.

Then you agree with me - it is just a dream.

Temporarily. I believe there will be a few more scientific breakthroughs that will make green energy viable, and I believe we will see these in the next 10 to 20 years. A lot of it in battery development.
And yet who says that solar or wind will be the energy of the future?

There may be something else out there we haven't dreamed of yet.

But don't the oil companies have government funding and subsidies?

I have one question:

Why do we have to "industrialize" everything?

Whenever green energy comes up, everyone always points to some behemoth of a plant. Why can't we just take individual responsibility of our own energy needs? At the beginning of 2010 I visited a lovely Resort on Costa Maya, which is fully self sustaining for all their energy needs. They have the solar. They have the windmills and a few other contraptions. It works. No huge plant. No industrialized energy. Self sustaining. Individual responsibility.

Last edited:

I don't know, they make a huge profit, if they get subsidies it needs to end.

So, it's not really about making something that actually works and pays for itself, but horning in on your "fair share" of the graft, huh?

Several of our large buildings are augmenting their electricity with rooftop windmills and solar panels. Again... Individual responsibility.

So, it's not really about making something that actually works and pays for itself, but horning in on your "fair share" of the graft, huh?

Not at all, but it seems like the playing field is asymmetrical. I am not naive. Does oil exploration and refinement pay for itself? I mean, when you figure in all the external costs?

"Going green can cost too much?"

That's like saying that nutritious food and vitamins are too expensive. I choose nutritious food and vitamins and spend very little money on Doctors. I have friends who eat the junk and bypass the vitamins. They are paying a fortune in doctor bills & medication. In the long run, I am the one who saves money... Not only that, but I look and feel better too!

but semiconductors made things easier for the average American -quicker and more instant results. Green energy is asking for too many sacrifices to our way of life. We are used to having decent sized cars among other things. We wont change until we are forced into it.
Save yourself the headache and put Ole Rocks on ignore before the seasonal rush. He spouts nothing but BS and disinformation from the econazi left.

Green energy is mostly non-viable now in any mass quantity. You can do well with getting yourself off the grid, or something like that through solar and wind power... for the MOST part. But till battery/capacitor technology dramatically improves as well as working the kinks out of the power collection systems like Solar or Wind, they will never be more than situational peaking plants as long as it's windy or clear daytime. For a stable and sound power grid to handle all modern needs, you still will need petroleum, coal, hydro and nuclear well into the next century... unless a miracle occurs. Figure this... with the exception of scrubbers and environmental controls, the power grid technology we use is still what was invented by Nikola Tesla for Westinghouse and Thomas Edison over 130 years ago. There will be no quick change.

"Going green can cost too much?"

That's like saying that nutritious food and vitamins are too expensive. I choose nutritious food and vitamins and spend very little money on Doctors. I have friends who eat the junk and bypass the vitamins. They are paying a fortune in doctor bills & medication. In the long run, I am the one who saves money... Not only that, but I look and feel better too!
Non sequitur.

Nobody is forcing you to subsidize their choices of food or pay their doctor bills (yet).

Forum List

Back