Great news: Being a pro-choice “grassroots” activist pays a decent wage

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
when are progresssives or Pro-abortion lovers ever honest?...Graiglist advertisement at site..
links in article at site

SNIP:

posted at 7:11 pm on July 1, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

Remember when Tea Party activists got accused of being “Astroturfers,” paid lackeys of the eeeeeevil Koch Brothers, instead of legitimate protesters interested only in political change? Good times, good times. As this ad on Craigslist in Austin dates two days ago demonstrates — heh, pardon the pun! — Wendy Davis isn’t the only pro-abortion progressive in Texas suffering from a case of projection:

craigslist-prochoice-texas

In case it gets taken down, I’ve cached the page here. The special session got announced by Gov. Rick Perry on the 26th; this ad went up three days later, and just two days before a swarm of “volunteers” arrived at the capitol building today. Pro-choice Texas employees get paid roughly minimum wage to “stand,” I mean start, assuming that the $1300 per month is for full-time work. The position ranges to nearly $12.70 for standing around and yelling slogans like, “Hey hey, ho ho, fully-formed human life’s got to go,” and so on.

The employment comes from the ironically-named Grassroots Campaigns, which stages these demonstrations on behalf of client organizations like Planned Parenthood Federation of America, MoveOn, and the Democratic National Committee, among others. There’s nothing much that’s “grassroots” about this; GCI’s clients comprise most of the professional progressive non-profit community, as the list at Wikipedia demonstrates. GCI’s money to pay these employees presumably comes from donors to those organizations. Their website certainly doesn’t offer any other explanation.

But is this how Pro-Choice Texas rustled up so many protesters today? Breitbart’s John Sexton asked them, and they claim that this is unrelated to the protests this week:

all of it here
Great news: Being a pro-choice ?grassroots? activist pays a decent wage « Hot Air

no surprise here at all. There has just been too much evidence of those at protests admitting to being paid or not knowing what they are there protesting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G5DTqvX74O4]$11/hour: Anti-Romney Protesters paid by SEIU - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmfZQ8oHZdg]OCCUPY WALL STREET IDIOTS CAUGHT BEING PAID TO PROTEST DEMOCRACY - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53qsgWZ9_Ew&feature=youtu.be]Angela Giron's supporters being paid to rally? - YouTube[/ame]

Most of this I assume is done under the table as well. They are guilty of not paying the taxes their ~employees~ are receiving or reporting it.

I thought I might add that I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't those that are paid to post here as I have seen online ads for just that - be paid to post on political forums.

I thought I might add that I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't those that are paid to post here as I have seen online ads for just that - be paid to post on political forums.

Every board I visit that has political topics experiences an influx of new lefty members that hammer away at the opposition while lauding their boy. They start showing up about six months or less from an election and disappear shortly afterwards. Like clockwork.

Every board I visit that has political topics experiences an influx of new lefty members that hammer away at the opposition while lauding their boy. They start showing up about six months or less from an election and disappear shortly afterwards. Like clockwork.

yeah, and a couple I know of have them there year round, of which a couple have admitted to being paid a truly hefty wage for doing just that. And rather than actually carry on a real discussion they are there to shut down any honest such conversations.

warning-seiu-members-attending-this-meeting.jpg

Forum List

Back