Great advance in stem cell research

Well ... if idiots like Pubicus hadn't been fighting so hard against all stem cell research just because of the name, perhaps they would have found it a lot sooner ...

That is debatable. More likely it was the fact that there is such a strong resistence to the use of embryonic stem cells that led researches to look at alternative methods. Had there not been strong resistence to the use of embryonic stem cells, there would have been no reason to look for alternative solutions.

The researchers were from Toronto and so were not effected by Bush's research ban.

Well ... if idiots like Pubicus hadn't been fighting so hard against all stem cell research just because of the name, perhaps they would have found it a lot sooner ...

That is debatable. More likely it was the fact that there is such a strong resistence to the use of embryonic stem cells that led researches to look at alternative methods. Had there not been strong resistence to the use of embryonic stem cells, there would have been no reason to look for alternative solutions.

The researchers were from Toronto and so were not effected by Bush's research ban.
Bush didnt ban research, moron

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
sorry, no one was against ALL stem cell research
just embryonic stem cell research

I always enjoy the way leftists try to pretend that WE are the ones constantly confusing the two, don't you?

it is a myth that Bush banned stem cell research, it is also a myth that Bush banned embryonic stem cell research
what he DID ban was FEDERAL funding of embryonic stem cell research
they were able to do any they wished with PRIVATE funding

"Banning" implies that ESCR was at one time federally funded without constraint, and that Bush came along and cut the funding and restricted it. In fact, as I recall, it was never funded federally at all until Bush decided to allow a limited amount.

They could have worked from the White House and done this type of research. Bush never banned stem cell research. :cuckoo:

sorry, no one was against ALL stem cell research
just embryonic stem cell research

I always enjoy the way leftists try to pretend that WE are the ones constantly confusing the two, don't you?
not really
it kinda pisses me off
but then, i've started to become immune to their moronic bullshit after seeing so much of it over the years

and actually, i was slightly wrong on that, Bush didnt ban any research, just the federal funding of it
if they used private funding, they could have done as much research as they wanted

Last edited:

They could have worked from the White House and done this type of research. Bush never banned stem cell research. :cuckoo:

Which proves my point.

They were not forced to seek alternative solutions because they worked in Canada and did not have to deal with the ban.

Did you even bother to read any of the posts here?

Which proves my point.

They were not forced to seek alternative solutions because they worked in Canada and did not have to deal with the ban.

haha. the question is did you read any of the posts here?

Ill make it clear for you:

THERE WAS NO BAN!

Which proves my point.

THERE WAS NO BAN!

Yes, there was a ban on embryonic stem cell research.

Where have you been?

Which proves my point.

THERE WAS NO BAN!

Where have you been?
no there wasnt, shit for brains
the only thing that was banned was FEDERAL FUNDING

THERE WAS NO BAN!

Where have you been?

Exactly.

So the ban on federal funding did not force these researchers to find alternative methods because they were Canadian.

Thanks for proving my point.

Where have you been?

Exactly.

So the ban on federal funding did not force these researchers to find alternative methods because they were Canadian.

Thanks for proving my point.
the only way this proves your point is if the point is you are a fucking moron

Where have you been?

Reality. President Bush was the first President to ever fund embryonic stem cell research. Not to mention there was no ban on private funding.

Under President George W. Bush, federal money for research on human embryonic stems cells was limited to those stem cell lines that were created before Aug. 9, 2001. No federal dollars could be used on research with cell lines from embryos destroyed from that point forward.

Under President George W. Bush, federal money for research on human embryonic stems cells was limited to those stem cell lines that were created before Aug. 9, 2001. No federal dollars could be used on research with cell lines from embryos destroyed from that point forward.
no shit kirky
what the fuck do you think we've been telling you?

Um yes you idiot. President Bush funded embroynic stem cell research. You have just demonstrated that you know for a fact that he did fund the research and that he did not ban private funding.

There was no ban.

This really isnt that hard to understand. You would say the sun was up if President Bush stated it was night wouldnt you? You are that delusional.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back