Government Health Care Expenditures

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Toro, Nov 10, 2007.

  1. Toro
    Offline

    Toro Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2005
    Messages:
    50,786
    Thanks Received:
    11,059
    Trophy Points:
    2,030
    Location:
    The Big Bend via Riderville
    Ratings:
    +25,124
    Government spending accounts for 44% of all health care spending in the United States. It was 21% in 1960 and 39% in 1990. Out-of-pocket payments for health care in the United States account for 16% of total expenditures. That is down from 55% in 1960 and 22.5% in 1990.

    [​IMG]

    http://cafehayek.typepad.com/hayek/2007/11/growth-in-healt.html
     
  2. Diuretic
    Offline

    Diuretic Permanently confused

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2006
    Messages:
    12,653
    Thanks Received:
    1,397
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    South Australia est 1836
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    Something tells me that's inefficient. But I'm certainly no economist so it would be good to learn why this is happening.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Psychoblues
    Offline

    Psychoblues Senior Member

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2003
    Messages:
    2,701
    Thanks Received:
    142
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    North Missisippi
    Ratings:
    +143
    Something tells me that is a chart out of nowhere with no propensity whatsoever for presenting a truth meaningful for any kind of American health care reform.
     
  4. Gunny
    Offline

    Gunny Gold Member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2004
    Messages:
    44,689
    Thanks Received:
    6,753
    Trophy Points:
    198
    Location:
    The Republic of Texas
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Health care reform ... get a job and pay for insurance and quit expecting somebody to hold your hand from cradle to grave. This idea that cradle to grave comfort is an inherent right is just BS.
     

Share This Page