Chronic Back Pain

Nevadamedic

Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
Many of you guys know I got injured pretty bad at work a few years back. It left me imobile in bed on heavy medication for a couple of years until recently. Now I am functioning again under medication. What I don't get is a couple of my discs are bad, one is so bad that you can't even see it on an MRI. I tested Positive on a Discogram(one test I hope no one here ever has to go through. They insert needles into your spine and shoot fluids into your discs to enhance the pain to determine if your discs are really bad. The do not put you out for this and they don't give you anything for pain until after the test is over.) on a couple levels, my lowest is the worst.

Basically I have four options. One is Disc replacement, this one sounds like the best option to me but they said they rarely do this surgery if you have more then one level positive on a discogram as the success rate isn't very good, so im screwed there.

The second option is they run a perminant cathader into my spine hooked up to a pain pump to handle the pain, doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

Third is stay on narcotic medication(Percocet and Dilaudid) for the rest of my life, I don't want to be dependant on pills for the rest of my life and I don't know how my liver would do or my heart.

Last is nothing, I can't live in this kink of pain.

It makes no sense. Have any of you had replacement surgery of the pain pump? Any info on either would be really great as far as if it really helps etc. The main one is the pain pump as I cant find much about it anywhere on the net.

I'd suggest you find yourself another homsexual lover like yourself and hope for the best.

Many of you guys know I got injured pretty bad at work a few years back. It left me imobile in bed on heavy medication for a couple of years until recently. Now I am functioning again under medication. What I don't get is a couple of my discs are bad, one is so bad that you can't even see it on an MRI. I tested Positive on a Discogram(one test I hope no one here ever has to go through. They insert needles into your spine and shoot fluids into your discs to enhance the pain to determine if your discs are really bad. The do not put you out for this and they don't give you anything for pain until after the test is over.) on a couple levels, my lowest is the worst.

Basically I have four options. One is Disc replacement, this one sounds like the best option to me but they said they rarely do this surgery if you have more then one level positive on a discogram as the success rate isn't very good, so im screwed there.

The second option is they run a perminant cathader into my spine hooked up to a pain pump to handle the pain, doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

Third is stay on narcotic medication(Percocet and Dilaudid) for the rest of my life, I don't want to be dependant on pills for the rest of my life and I don't know how my liver would do or my heart.

It makes no sense. Have any of you had replacement surgery of the pain pump? Any info on either would be really great as far as if it really helps etc. The main one is the pain pump as I cant find much about it anywhere on the net.

Your lack of understanding for your treatment options mirrors your lack of understanding of about everything else.

This is the first of my adventures into one of your threads on this board, nm.

You are such a cocksucker. I responded to several of your threads in DP and you ignored me. As it turns out, that was the best you could do.

Suck this: :thup:

Your the lowest pond scum there is. This just proves it.

Sorry for your Pain NM. Never had nor know anyone that has that big a problem. Sorry I can't help.

My wife had a discogram about 4-6 weeks ago. I believe they want to fuse her spine where the disc is messed up. Same choice: surgery or live with it.

I'd get the surgery if it was me and the pain is unbearable. That or living on narcotics aren't really options to me.

My wife had a discogram about 4-6 weeks ago. I believe they want to fuse her spine where the disc is messed up. Same choice: surgery or live with it.

I'd get the surgery if it was me and the pain is unbearable. That or living on narcotics aren't really options to me.

How did she take the discogram? I bet she had a miserable several days afterwards. They had to admist me into the hospital after mine. They didn't talk about the pain pump at all? Surgery is almost not an option according to the two surgeons i've been to.

How did she take the discogram? I bet she had a miserable several days afterwards. They had to admist me into the hospital after mine. They didn't talk about the pain pump at all? Surgery is almost not an option according to the two surgeons i've been to.

I babysat the rest of that day and the next.

It sounds as if yours is worse than hers. She can still have the fusion. There's some nerve damage, but minimal. But she is always in pain and her back pretty-much controls her life.

I babysat the rest of that day and the next.

It sounds as if yours is worse than hers. She can still have the fusion. There's some nerve damage, but minimal. But she is always in pain and her back pretty-much controls her life.

Hers does sound bad........... I have a hard time working. I have a tough job as it is and the pain doesn't help.

I have a hard time working. I have a tough job as it is and the pain doesn't help.

Sounds to me like a piss poor attempt at an excuse to get out of delivering OCA's promised ass-kicking come Easter.

You wouldn't be chickening out, would you?

Sounds to me like a piss poor attempt at an excuse to get out of delivering OCA's promised ass-kicking come Easter.

You wouldn't be chickening out, would you?

:rofl: That pansy child molester can bring it. I am about as scared of him as you are of food. :rofl:

NM, mother nature has a potential cure that's not addictive for your pain...

marijuana-leaf.jpg

HOLD ON!

Google up Dr. John Sarno. Get his book and read it. Before you get surgery, before you take more drugs, before anything else.

I know it's not much of an endorsement, but Howard Stern swears by him, and so do I.

Have you asked youre doctor what your options are nevada?

what about pain pills?

back exercises?

As another poster alluded earlier, martin, there is a commonly available drug that can provide some relief that is much less dangerous and nonaddictive than anything the doctors can prescribe.

Have you asked youre doctor what your options are nevada?

what about pain pills?

back exercises?

Because it is commonly available and very easily grown and propagated in most any climate the phamaceutical companies are insistently against any positive information coming forth on it's benefits.

The American Indians continue to use it often and many more now Americans also respect it's benefits. Meanwhile, the phamaceuticals continue to attempt to compete with false information and heavily financially contributed idiotic legislation.

As another poster alluded earlier, martin, there is a commonly available drug that can provide some relief that is much less dangerous and nonaddictive than anything the doctors can prescribe.

Because it is commonly available and very easily grown and propagated in most any climate the phamaceutical companies are insistently against any positive information coming forth on it's benefits.

The American Indians continue to use it often and many more now Americans also respect it's benefits. Meanwhile, the phamaceuticals continue to attempt to compete with false information and heavily financially contributed idiotic legislation.

Don't forget to mention how NO ONE HAS EVER OD on this medicine. This medicine can be ingested through eating, vaporization(no smoke or particulate), or combustion smoking. The male gametophyte of this plant has enormous economical benefits.

Forum List

Back