Government Created Scarcity: Overspecialized Training Degrees

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by rtwngAvngr, Jul 2, 2004.

1. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    One tactic the government uses to concretize it's own power is the creation of bogus requirements to legally perform certain jobs. Government promises members in this profession to keep out the UNCERTIFIED, in exchange for support.

The most ridiculous one which springs to mind is this: In SC to give massages you must go to like a two year training course. I can give a hell of a massage, I've been told "better that a professional one". This allows the practitioners to hold the market captive and dictate prices more than they can when a degree is not required, as in Georgia. I guess for SOME things it's unavoidable (for ajwps), but sometimes it's a big smelly load that hurts the consumer and forms an unholy alliance between practitioners and government.

2. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    So one can garner from this that you are for deregulating professions that deal with the human body such as massage and that you wish to pursue a career rubbing people's smelly asses in SC but don't want to spend 2 years getting certified.

So you are for deregulating this but wish to handover your right to illegal search and siezure:rolleyes:

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Actually I think the reason for licensed masseuse has to do with the 'getting naked' angle. Not so much the performance of masseuse. However, I have a friend that was one, and it was licensed out of National Chiropractic Univerisity. She already was BA in history. But as masseuse at spa made $80 per hour.

4. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Exactly, you know how bad someone could screw your spine up while giving you some deep tissue massage without knowing what the hell they are doing?

5. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    No harm can come from a massage. A beating and spine cracking is not a massage.

I'm sure one could determine a brothel from the real deal with a few questions.

80$ an hour? wow.

6. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    And you an expert how?

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Welcome to the greater Chicagoland area. Mario Triccoci at your service, and a whole lot more. Plunk your $ down....

8. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    and how are you?

Let's start a three year degree program for ice cream salesmen, I mean, someone could get an "ice cream headache" if not properly warned and instructed.

9. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Fingernails? Hair stylists? I think experience could be enough for these.

10. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    How about we just deregulate the beef and poultry industry too! Hell why not pharmaceuticals? This is the stupidest thread going. I mean if you want to rub on old wrinkled bodies in Georgia go buy a business license and have at it, stay out of SC.

But what i'm more concerned with is your willingness to hand over first amendment rights in America(id's) like you are giving away skittles.