Government Created Scarcity: Overspecialized Training Degrees

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
One tactic the government uses to concretize it's own power is the creation of bogus requirements to legally perform certain jobs. Government promises members in this profession to keep out the UNCERTIFIED, in exchange for support.

The most ridiculous one which springs to mind is this: In SC to give massages you must go to like a two year training course. I can give a hell of a massage, I've been told "better that a professional one". This allows the practitioners to hold the market captive and dictate prices more than they can when a degree is not required, as in Georgia. I guess for SOME things it's unavoidable (for ajwps), but sometimes it's a big smelly load that hurts the consumer and forms an unholy alliance between practitioners and government.

So one can garner from this that you are for deregulating professions that deal with the human body such as massage and that you wish to pursue a career rubbing people's smelly asses in SC but don't want to spend 2 years getting certified.

So you are for deregulating this but wish to handover your right to illegal search and siezure:rolleyes:

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
One tactic the government uses to concretize it's own power is the creation of bogus requirements to legally perform certain jobs. Government promises members in this profession to keep out the UNCERTIFIED, in exchange for support.

The most ridiculous one which springs to mind is this: In SC to give massages you must go to like a two year training course. I can give a hell of a massage, I've been told "better that a professional one". This allows the practitioners to hold the market captive and dictate prices more than they can when a degree is not required, as in Georgia. I guess for SOME things it's unavoidable (for ajwps), but sometimes it's a big smelly load that hurts the consumer and forms an unholy alliance between practitioners and government.

Actually I think the reason for licensed masseuse has to do with the 'getting naked' angle. Not so much the performance of masseuse. However, I have a friend that was one, and it was licensed out of National Chiropractic Univerisity. She already was BA in history. But as masseuse at spa made $80 per hour.

Originally posted by Kathianne
Actually I think the reason for licensed masseuse has to do with the 'getting naked' angle. Not so much the performance of masseuse. However, I have a friend that was one, and it was licensed out of National Chiropractic Univerisity. She already was BA in history. But as masseuse at spa made $80 per hour.

Exactly, you know how bad someone could screw your spine up while giving you some deep tissue massage without knowing what the hell they are doing?

• Banned
No harm can come from a massage. A beating and spine cracking is not a massage.

I'm sure one could determine a brothel from the real deal with a few questions.

80$ an hour? wow.

I'm sure on could determine a brothel from the real deal with a few questions.

80$ an hour? wow.

And you an expert how?

I'm sure on could determine a brothel from the real deal with a few questions.

80$ an hour? wow.

80$ an hour? wow.
Welcome to the greater Chicagoland area. Mario Triccoci at your service, and a whole lot more. Plunk your $ down....

• Banned
Originally posted by OCA
And you an expert how?

and how are you?

Let's start a three year degree program for ice cream salesmen, I mean, someone could get an "ice cream headache" if not properly warned and instructed.

• Banned
Fingernails? Hair stylists? I think experience could be enough for these.

and how are you?

Let's start a three year degree program for ice cream salesmen, I mean, someone could get an "ice cream headache" if not properly warned and instructed.

How about we just deregulate the beef and poultry industry too! Hell why not pharmaceuticals? This is the stupidest thread going. I mean if you want to rub on old wrinkled bodies in Georgia go buy a business license and have at it, stay out of SC.

But what i'm more concerned with is your willingness to hand over first amendment rights in America(id's) like you are giving away skittles.

Fingernails? Hair stylists? I think experience could be enough for these.

Actually, manicures and pedicures can involve breaking of skin. Want to be sure that someone has the basics down about contaimination.

You want to go into bikini wax, etc?

I'm sure one could determine a brothel from the real deal with a few questions.

80$ an hour? wow.

In Vegas, $150 hour easy up the $300 an hour if you are good.

Originally posted by Kathianne
Actually, manicures and pedicures can involve breaking of skin. Want to be sure that someone has the basics down about contaimination.

You want to go into bikini wax, etc?

Yes correct, don't want any nail techs with AIDS working on ya. Don't beauticians, barbers etc. etc. all have state licenses?

Originally posted by OCA
How about we just deregulate the beef and poultry industry too! Hell why not pharmaceuticals? This is the stupidest thread going. I mean if you want to rub on old wrinkled bodies in Georgia go buy a business license and have at it, stay out of SC.

But what i'm more concerned with is your willingness to hand over first amendment rights in America(id's) like you are giving away skittles.

In the vacuum of government deregulation, private standards bodies emerge. They always do.

Which first amendment rights thing are you talking about?

In the vacuum of government deregulation, private standards bodies emerge. They always do.

Which first amendment rights thing are you talking about?

Well actually I got ahead of myself there, its not the 1st amendment but whatever one deals with illegal search and siezure and warrants.

Originally posted by OCA
Well actually I got ahead of myself there, its not the 1st amendment but whatever one deals with illegal search and siezure and warrants.

As things are now, I'm fine with police asking for id's and people complying. But if society degenerated to the point where I felt I was being targetted systematically for some political reason, I would not comply. Most conservatives want to help our boys in blue, not make their lives harder. Forcing them to get a warrant to get someone's ID is insanity in my opinion. Most conservatives prefer law and order and respect the police. And with that, I gotta go. I'll be back later though.

They already have the ability to identify you without creating a stupid new law designed only to create income, its called fingerprints. How do you think they identify homeless bums?

I would have to parse the Constitution to find how the licensing of doctors, nurses, lawyers, teachers, and tatoo artists comes into play, though tonight I'm not going to. :wine: I'm relaxing. Gonna zing or not on my own faculties.

Originally posted by OCA
They already have the ability to identify you without creating a stupid new law designed only to create income, its called fingerprints. How do you think they identify homeless bums?

WTF are you talking about?

Forum List

Back