Gov. Rick Scott Caves on Medicaid Expansion

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Gov. Rick Scott Caves on Medicaid Expansion | Heartlander Magazine
Florida Governor Rick Scott has decided to go along with the Obama administration's expansion of Medicaid, the most significant state under Republican control to do so. Peter Suderman explains the background:

It’s a dramatic reversal for Scott, a former health care executive and outspoken opponent of ObamaCare who spent an estimated $5 million of his own money trying to stop the health law before it was passed.

It’s also a reversal from what he promised his own advisers, says Michael Cannon, a Cato Institute health policy analyst who served on the health care task force for Governor Scott’s gubernatorial transition team.
<more>

Scott sought to reassure conservatives on Wednesday that he still opposes "ObamaCare" by emphasizing his refusal to implement an exchange.
Why would anyone with an I.Q. above room temp believe ANYTHING this man says anymore?

"Oh I fought so hard for the average working man and woman but then I realized I could f*ck you people over and you'd just roll over and accept it."

Scott sought to reassure conservatives on Wednesday that he still opposes "ObamaCare" by emphasizing his refusal to implement an exchange.
Why would anyone with an I.Q. above room temp believe ANYTHING this man says anymore?

"Oh I fought so hard for the average working man and woman but then I realized I could f*ck you people over and you'd just roll over and accept it."

Same reason Kasich essentially did the same thing in Ohio. It's all about "Show me the money, Honey!" Partisanship goes down the shitter when the money game is played.

so what specifically is it he has done you don't like?

The next state to keep an eye on might be Pennsylvania.

Tom Corbett may be on verge of Medicaid reversal - Kyle Cheney - POLITICO.com
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett is feeling the Medicaid squeeze.

A Republican governor of a Democratic state, Corbett has railed against the health law’s massive Medicaid expansion and omitted it from his proposed budget. But all around him, governors are opting in — including Republicans John Kasich just west of him in Ohio and Chris Christie just east in New Jersey.

One day later, Corbett confirmed he had recently requested a chat with Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. The subject: Medicaid expansion.

“The governor, I think, has been pretty clear in saying the door is closed but not locked,” said Charlie Gerow, a Republican consultant based in Harrisburg, Pa.

Forum List

Back