Gotham

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Watched the first 2 episodes expecting to be disappointed...happily, it is a pretty good show...They are giving the Penguin a good make over....and making him more interesting...

3rd episode in and it is a pretty good show...I hope it makes it to another season...

Gotham is following in the current Hollywood footsteps. We have no imagination and can't think of anything new. So let's just make up shit that never happened.

Gotham is following in the current Hollywood footsteps. We have no imagination and can't think of anything new. So let's just make up shit that never happened.
Um, it is fiction and none of it ever happened.

So far it is more interesting than the previous iterations of the Batman story.

I think they need to incorporate more of the Bruce Wayne story into the overall story arch...I like what they are doing with the penguin...essentially giving him the Heath Ledger Joker update...and showing a more dangerous side to the character...

I think they need to incorporate more of the Bruce Wayne story into the overall story arch...I like what they are doing with the penguin...essentially giving him the Heath Ledger Joker update...and showing a more dangerous side to the character...
if it goes into next season....i would like to see it like 5 years later....and Bruce is a teen getting the Education he got and going through actual physical training preparing for the day.......

Umm making up characters that never even existed in the DC world is not fiction. It's a complete abandonment of canon. When JJ Abrams as an example completely rewrites the Star Trek universe and says hey just ignore the last 40 years, he is giving the people who created it the middle finger.

Umm making up characters that never even existed in the DC world is not fiction. It's a complete abandonment of canon. When JJ Abrams as an example completely rewrites the Star Trek universe and says hey just ignore the last 40 years, he is giving the people who created it the middle finger.

If you want canon, read the comics (and often not even then). TV shows and movies will almost never follow directly with the comics. Some of it is about whatever the creators or execs think will play well with audiences, some of it is because there are issues with translation from comics to screen. I don't know why you would be expecting a show about Jim Gordon, just after Bruce Wayne's parents were murdered, to follow closely to the comics. ;)

Every film I've seen about Barman seems to take part several decades ago.

What I noticed about last night's episode was the use of very modern cell phones. The two detectives drive a car from the '60s or '70s so the contrast is a bit disconcerting.

What I noticed about last night's episode was the use of very modern cell phones. The two detectives drive a car from the '60s or '70s so the contrast is a bit disconcerting.

I think it is deliberate....I think I read that somewhere...

Every film I've seen about Barman seems to take part several decades ago.

I think the mixing of things, items from multiple decades, is deliberate.

Well, Fox has put up the money for extending the season from 16 initial episodes to the standard 22...I hope they do well with it...

Forum List

Back