Latest New Movies Viewed And Reviewed

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Haven't been to a movie in a theatre since "Resident Evil 1." So waiting for on-demand/ppv cable tv tog et things I"m lagged about a year on average. But the latest new movies I've seen include:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Godzilla
The Monuments Men

and soon as it shows up, looking fowards to Winter's Tale and that latest X-Men movie.

"The Monuments Men" was really good. Not much of an art history type, but even I could appreciate it. Kind of an annoying mix of comedy and serious war movie flavors, but overall it worked. Tears flowed during the flamethrower scene, and I totally lost it at the very end with the "Do you think anyone will remember in 30 years..." Not "Seven Pounds" lost it, but maybe a quarter of that :)

Speaking of, "Seven Pounds" was awesome! End had me literally balling like somoene just shot my dog. Not much rewatch value because it's all twist ending like, but if you haven't seen it, do.

Haven't been to a movie in a theatre since "Resident Evil 1." So waiting for on-demand/ppv cable tv tog et things I"m lagged about a year on average. But the latest new movies I've seen include:

Godzilla
The Monuments Men

and soon as it shows up, looking fowards to Winter's Tale and that latest X-Men movie.

"The Monuments Men" was really good. Not much of an art history type, but even I could appreciate it. Kind of an annoying mix of comedy and serious war movie flavors, but overall it worked. Tears flowed during the flamethrower scene, and I totally lost it at the very end with the "Do you think anyone will remember in 30 years..." Not "Seven Pounds" lost it, but maybe a quarter of that :)

Speaking of, "Seven Pounds" was awesome! End had me literally balling like somoene just shot my dog. Not much rewatch value because it's all twist ending like, but if you haven't seen it, do.

I don't know the other movies you listed but yes Seven Pounds was a very good movie. Very thought provoking.

Godzilla
The Monuments Men

I really wanted to see Godzilla at the movies. Haven't really had the time or the money to waste though. It looks really good though.

Godzilla
The Monuments Men

I really wanted to see Godzilla at the movies. Haven't really had the time or the money to waste though. It looks really good though.

Not really a movie that does better in a theatre setting but for the darker room aspect. Most of the Godzilla scenes take place at night, so having a dark viewing enviroment would be advantageous. But it didn't strike me overall as the sort of movie where seeing it on a big screen would improve it much. Saw it twice though as the Gozilla scenes are awesome compared to previous movie versions.

I saw "A Walk Among The Tomb Stones" the week before last.

It was pretty good, but creepy.

Basically, these psychos go around abducting men's wives, and demanding ransoms for them. The husbands pay the ransoms, but the psychos kill the women anyway, after they rape and torture them first. They also send the husbands the video afterwards.

Here's the thing though, the cops don't care because all of the women they abduct are the wives of drug dealers. They have to hire Liam Neeson, who's a private investigator, to solve the case for them as such.

Like I said, it was a good watch. It was really messed up, however.

Last edited:
I saw "A Walk Among The Tomb Stones" the week before last.

It was pretty good, but creepy.

Basically, these psychos go around abducting men's wives, and demanding ransoms for them. The husbands pay the ransoms, but the psychos kill the women anyway, after they rape and torture them first. They also send the husbands the video afterwards.

Here's the thing though, the cops don't care because all of the women they abduct are the wives of drug dealers. They have to hire Liam Neeson, who's a private investigator, to solve the case for them as such.

Like I said, it was a good watch. It was really messed up, however.

Lol! I think that sounds horrible! I hate horror movies and movies where people are being tortured. I do not enjoy watching people being tortured at all. I hate it. In the past, I used to watch those kinds of movies when one day I realized that I would look away or shut my eyes tight and block my ears when bad things were happening, and I realized that it means I don't like it.

Even though I know it's just a movie, some things like that really disturb and bother me.

Lol! I think that sounds horrible! I hate horror movies and movies where people are being tortured. I do not enjoy watching people being tortured at all. I hate it. In the past, I used to watch those kinds of movies when one day I realized that I would look away or shut my eyes tight and block my ears when bad things were happening, and I realized that it means I don't like it.

Even though I know it's just a movie, some things like that really disturb and bother me.

To be fair, the movie doesn't really show anything. It's more about Liam Neeson doing detective work and trying to find the bad guys; kind of like in Taken.

That might actually be worse in the end, however, because it leaves all the gruesome stuff to your imagination. lol

For instance, the bad guys send all the women back to their husbands chopped into pieces in a bunch of plastic bags. And... Uhhh... It's pretty heavily implied that they start doing that while the women are still alive, and they are raping them.

Yeesh. *Shudder*

Like I said, you don't actually see any of that. It's just that the idea is creepy enough all on its own.

Last edited:

To be fair, the movie doesn't really show anything. It's more about Liam Neeson doing detective work and trying to find the bad guys; kind of like in Taken.

That might actually be worse in the end, however, because it leaves all the gruesome stuff to your imagination. lol

For instance, the bad guys send all the women back to their husbands chopped into pieces in a bunch of plastic bags. And... Uhhh... It's pretty heavily implied that they start doing that while the women are still alive, and they are raping them.

Yeesh. *Shudder*

Like I said, you don't actually see any of that. It's just that the idea is creepy enough all on its own.

AH, that doesn't sound much better. Lol! That is disgusting!
yucky.gif

yucky.gif

I guess not, now that you mention it.
lol.gif

yeah, I'm all set with gross movies. :lol: I like action movies though, and mystery movies, sometimes the more psychological type of horror movies. It's mainly slasher flicks and things like that I have a real problem with. I can tolerate some violence, death and gore in my movies though. :D I still might shut my eyes and block my ears during the gross things though. Lol!

yucky.gif

lol.gif

yeah, I'm all set with gross movies. :lol: I like action movies though, and mystery movies, sometimes the more psychological type of horror movies. It's mainly slasher flicks and things like that I have a real problem with. I can tolerate some violence, death and gore in my movies though. :D I still might shut my eyes and block my ears during the gross things though. Lol!

Well, like I said, that's pretty much what this was. You didn't see anything gross or overly violent.

It was just the idea of it that was creepy. It was mostly a psychological thriller. lol

I actually saw another movie this afternoon; "The Maze Runner." That was a lot less creepy and nasty all the way around. :D

yucky.gif

lol.gif

Well, like I said, that's pretty much what this was. You didn't see anything gross or overly violent.

It was just the idea of it that was creepy. It was mostly a psychological thriller. lol

I actually saw another movie this afternoon; "The Maze Runner." That was a lot less creepy and nasty all the way around. :D

What about you? Do you like slasher flicks?

Some people LOVE them, and they wonder what's wrong with me that I don't like them. I'm like, no, it's more like what's wrong with YOU that you do like them? :lol:

Some people LOVE them, and they wonder what's wrong with me that I don't like them. I'm like, no, it's more like what's wrong with YOU that you do like them? :lol:

Never really liked them, to be honest.

Not only do I find the idea of watching people be tortured, mutilated, and murdered kind of disturbing, but most of them are stupid as Hell.
lol.gif

Never really liked them, to be honest.

Not only do I find the idea of watching people be tortured, mutilated, and murdered kind of disturbing, but most of them are stupid as Hell.
lol.gif

yeah, the plots always seem to be lacking, always the gratuitous sex scene and a couple of booby shots. :lol:

Forum List

Back