Got Hypocrisy? Bill O'Reilly Is Disturbed By Those Who Put Ideology Above The Truth?

Discussion in 'Media' started by Truthseeker420, May 7, 2011.

1. Truthseeker420

Truthseeker420 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    Earlier this week (May 4th), Bill O'Reilly and Juliette Huddy had a discussion about Whoppi Goldberg's and Nancy Pelosi's "hypocrisy" in that they, according to Bill, they have a double standard with regard to President Obama. After they tossed that meme around for a while, Bill says "ideology is more important to some folks than the truth... If you can make an ideological point, it doesn't matter...It disturbs me that people put ideology above the truth." Hello, Scuse Me? This is coming from the guy whose whole "MO" is about ideology. The examples are legion; but perhaps the most striking example is how O'Reilly takes his talking points from the anti-choice lobby in his biased and inaccurate coverage of Planned Parenthood. Bill's ideological anti-choice crusade against the assassinated abortion provider, George Tiller, even got Bill a "Courage Award" from a hate group, the Family Research Center. And how about his bogus "war on Christmas" - ideology free? I don't think so! And it's not just Bill, it's his employer, Fox "News," whose right wing ideological bent enabled it to provide Donald Trump with a sympathetic platform for birtherism and the most virulent anti-Islamicists with a platform from which to rail against the so called "Ground Zero Mosque. The anti-immigration ideology of the right wing also pervades the air waves of Fox "News." But seriously, Bill O'Reilly complains about ideology. Give me a break...!!!

Continue reading »

News Hounds: Got Hypocrisy? Bill O'Reilly Is Disturbed By Those Who Put Ideology Above The Truth?

2. R.D.

R.D. Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,375
    LOL...now I see where you come by some of your downright foolish thoughts

3. Truthseeker420

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    with that insightful answer all I have to say is -I'm rubber, you are glue, it bounces off me and sticks to YOU.

4. Mr_Rockhead

Mr_Rockhead Slouching toward Medicare

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59

Got Hypocrisy? Bill O'Reilly Is Disturbed By Those Who Put Ideology Above The Truth?

Got Hypocrisy?

What the fuck are you talking about?

I saw the show and O’Reilly showed clips of Goldberg and Pelosi saying one thing while Bush was president and the EXACT OPPOSITE after Obama was elected.

O’Rielly is not a hypocrite for exposing hypocrites.

Also, O’Reilly is not a hypocrite for simply taking a stand on the issues you mentioned either because he has been always been 100% consistent on his stand regardless of who is in the front office. And, he also goes out of his way to bring people of opposing views on his show to debate him on these issues.

No wonder you're getting so many votes over on the "biggest liar" thread.

Gheese.

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  5. R.D.

R.D. Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,375
    What insight is there too offer?

The linked post & you are just being dumb. His whole "MO" is about ideology - so what? There are no real lies linked, just opposing opinions. Big deal you all don't like his views , he is consistent.

Whoopie was not and you are not. Making you people who put your ideology above the true

You all have situational ideals

6. Truthseeker420

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    Well I don't expect neocons to like me. But the point is correct that it is hypocritical to criticize someone for putting idealogy above the truth when he(Bill O) is doing the same everyday.

7. Truthseeker420

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    the thread is about hypocricy( do you need an explanation?) but if you want Fox lies.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rqdtZlec0s]YouTube - FOX NEWS- LIES, LIES, LIES --See For Yourself (part 1 of 2)[/ame]

8. R.D.

R.D. Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,375
    O'Reilly is what the thread is about and the linked post does not show him to be hypocritical.

The vid only proves, again, how easily led you are. Why obsess over these things?

9. Truthseeker420

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    I don't think I obsess at all, but the vis shows Bill O attacking someone for putting idealogy above the truth and any rational thinking person who has watched his show knows he does the same and therefore a hypocrite.

10. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,012
    I agree completely. Bill most certainly IS "disturbed".