Got any good quotes?

oh one of my all time favorites!!!

gladiator2.jpg

Gird up, conservatives. Don't re-brand, reform or relinquish our beliefs. Fight! ~ Samurai7

Who?

Only one of the best forum posters on the planet and hopefully somebody will tell her about this forum :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
oh one of my all time favorites!!!

gladiator2.jpg

Gird up, conservatives. Don't re-brand, reform or relinquish our beliefs. Fight! ~ Samurai7

Who?

Only one of the best forum posters on the planet and hopefully somebody will tell her about this forum :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, I was just thinking to myself, "Man, we haven't enough right wing nut jobs from the echo chamber join this board in the last few days. We need more."

"Remember what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Except for herpes. That shit'll come back with you."

Hallucinations are bad enough. But after a while you learn to cope with things like seeing your dead grandmother crawling up your leg with a knife in her teeth. Most acid fanciers can handle this sort of thing. But nobody can handle that other trip—the possibility that any freak with $1.98 can walk into Circus-Circus and suddenly appear in the sky over downtown Las Vegas twelve times the size of God, howling anything that comes into his head. No, this is not a good town for psychedelic drugs. Reality itself is too twisted."

Top Ten - Top 10 Savagely Insane Quotes from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Top 10 - Hunter S. Thompson Quotes - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Quotes - Timothy Leary Quote

I came, I cumed, I conquered.

Then I got married and bleed to death on the senate floor.

Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper.
Mark Twain

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
Yogi Berra

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead

Admiral Farragut I believe.

Of course a torpedo then was actually a mine and his ships were a mix of wooden and ironclads.

Another good one is...

Come on you Son's of Bitches, you want to live forever!

Don't believe they know who said that.

But my favorite is Chesty Puller at Chosin reservoir. Surrounded by 7 Chinese Divisions he sad the following...

I finally have them right where I want them, we can fire in any direction and kill them.

I actually wrote quote programs years ago when autoexec.bat was the way we managed PC startups. LOL

I have thousands, hard to pick but here are a few. Beckett, Wittgenstein, Hoffer are favorites.

I have to stop - I could fill the site.

===========================

"Yes, in my life, since we must call it so, there were three things, the inability to speak, the inability to remain silent, and solitude, that's what I've had to make the best of." Samuel Beckett

"Nothing human is alien to me." Terence

"Ideally citizens are to think of themselves as if they were legislators and ask themselves what statutes, supported by what reasons satisfying the criterion of reciprocity, they would think is most reasonable to enact." John Rawls

"The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new." Samuel Beckett

"Compassion is the antitoxin of the soul: where there is compassion even the most poisonous impulses remain relatively harmless." Eric Hoffer

"Where freedom is real, equality is the passion of the masses. Where equality is real, freedom is the passion of a small minority." Eric Hoffer

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

"To most of us nothing is so invisible as an unpleasant truth. Though it is held before our eyes, pushed under our noses, rammed down our throats- we know it not." Eric Hoffer

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." Eric Hoffer

"To our real, naked selves there is not a thing on earth or in heaven worth dying for. It is only when we see ourselves as actors in a staged (and therefore unreal) performance that death loses its frightfulness and finality and becomes an act of make-believe and a theatrical gesture. It is one of the main tasks of a real leader to mask the grim reality of dying and killing by evoking in his followers the illusion that they are participating in a grandiose spectacle, a solemn or lighthearted dramatic performance." Eric Hoffer

"Art teaches nothing except the significance of life." Arthur Miller

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." Richard Feynman

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard Feynman

"It is in the admission of ignorance and the admission of uncertainty that there is a hope for the continuous motion of human beings in some direction that doesn't get confined, permanently blocked, as it has so many times before in various periods in the history of man." Richard Feynman

"You learned the concept 'pain' when you learned language." Ludwig Wittgenstein

"Everything we love, no doubt, will pass away, perhaps tomorrow, perhaps thousands of years hence. Neither it nor our love for it is any less valuable for that reason." John Passmore

"But suppose God is black? What if we go to Heaven and we, all our lives, have treated the Negro as an inferior, and God is there, and we look up and He is not white? What then is our response?" Robert F. Kennedy

"We learn to be racist, therefore we can learn not to be racist. Racism is not genetical. It has everything to do with power." Jane Elliot

"Racism isn't born, folks, it's taught. I have a two-year-old son. You know what he hates? Naps!" Dennis Leary

"The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for." Ludwig Wittgenstein

"I consider Bush's decision to call for a war against terrorism a serious mistake. He is elevating these criminals to the status of war enemies, and one cannot lead a war against a network if the term war is to retain any definite meaning." Jurgen Habermas

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried." Gilbert K. Chesterton

"White children, in the main, and whether they are rich or poor, grow up with a grasp of reality so feeble that they can very accurately be described as deluded--about themselves and the world they live in. White people have managed to get through their entire lifetimes in this euphoric state, but black people have not been so lucky: a black man who sees the world the way John Wayne, for example, sees it would not be an eccentric patriot, but a raving maniac." James Baldwin

"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone." John Maynard Keynes

"By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired." Franz Kafka

"A book must be the ax for the frozen sea within us." Franz Kafka

"Liberals demand that the social order should in principle be capable of explaining itself at the tribunal of each person's understanding." Jeremy Waldron

"It is not enough to ask, ‘Will my act harm other people?’ Even if the answer is No, my act may still be wrong, because of its effects on other people. I should ask, ‘Will my act be one of a set of acts that will together harm other people?’ The answer may be Yes. And the harm to others may be great." Derek Parfit

"We first kill people with our minds, before we kill them with weapons. Whatever the conflict, the enemy is always the destroyer. We're on God's side; they're barbaric. We're good, they're evil. War gives us a feeling of moral clarity that we lack at other times." Sam Keen

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion." Abraham Lincoln

"Genes cannot be selfish or unselfish, any more than atoms can be jealous, elephants abstract or biscuits teleological." Mary Midgley

A grouch escapes so many little annoyances that it almost pays to be one.
- Kin Hubbard

"Believe those who are seeking the truth;
doubt those who find it."
Andre Gide

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
- Bertrand Russell

Human beings are perhaps never more frightening than when they are convinced beyond doubt that they are right.
- Laurens van der Post

Art is either plagiarism or revolution.
- Paul Guaguin

"Everywhere I go, I find a poet has been there before me."
- Sigmund Freud

An idea is salvation by imagination.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

Even God cannot change the past.
- Agathon

Against stupidity, the LORD himself is helpless.
The Talmud

A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak.
- Michael Garrett Marino

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune.
- Nicholas Ling

I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him.
Galileo Galilei

You can learn from anyone even your enemy.
Ovid

It is impossible to begin to learn that which one thinks one already knows.
Epictetus

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.
Benjamin Franklin

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde

Ignorance is of a peculiar nature; once dispelled, it is impossible to reestablish it.
Thomas Paine

These are my ringtones, all from "The Patriot" with mel gibson

Mel/Benjamin:"Would you tell me please, Mr. Howard... why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away?"

http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/thepatriot/milesaway.wav

For my MEETING profile (its a whisper)

Mel Gibson:"Lord, make me fast and accurate."
http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/thepatriot/prayer.wav

Flaming libs at my office hate me though(

And for my sons when they call me, I hear this :lol: it's my fav:
Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger

Benjamin:"Don't you walk away from me boy!"
Gabriel:"I'm sorry father, I'll find you when this is all over."
Benjamin:"No your not going! I forbid you to go!"
Gabriel:"I'm not a child!"
Benjamin:"You're my child!"
http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/thepatriot/child.wav

My sons think it's hilarious too

The Patriot sound clips - Movie Sound Clips <----all the wavs

Another good one is...

Come on you Son's of Bitches, you want to live forever!

Don't believe they know who said that.

It is widely attributed to Sergeant Major Daniel Joseph "Dan" Daly who, at the Battle of Belleau Wood (June 1918), when, besieged, outnumbered, outgunned, and pinned down, he led his men in attack, shouting, "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?"

Daly was, perhaps unknowingly, paraphrasing Frederick the Great who asked, on June 18, 1757 at the Battle of Kolin, "Kerls, wollt ihr denn ewig leben?" (Men, do you want to live eternally?)

This is according to Wiki, so take that for what it is worth...

"Those who are not fired with enthusiasm will be fired ... with enthusiasm."

My pops says that all the time - works best in a business setting, of course.

Forum List

Back