Got a Life Question for you Guys

Let's say you work at a hospital.

You've worked there seven months with a particular young lady who is kind and friendly with you.

Never had any problems between you and her, and you get along pretty well actually.

Say she's flirted with you at times, and you've been a gentle and respectful young man. Kind, too.

Is it ever appropriate to ask a young lady and coworker out on a date?

Let's get more detailed.

She's overtly hinted with her female coworkers while you're in the same room that she's single and looking for a good man to fall in love with. She literally said, yesterday, that 'the man needs to pursue the woman,' and it was like she was directing her voice towards me while I had my back to her over in the corner of the pharmacy restocking med carts. A month ago when she left the nurse's station to go home I spoke with a fellow CNA about her, just talking about how nice of a person she is. Right there only a second after that the fellow coworker takes out her iPhone and texts something. Then the young lady I like comes back up the stairs wide-eyed and smiling, just wanting to talk. [I may be a big brute, but I do hold the skill of discernment].

She's petite, very smart, goofy, sweet, cute, kind, precocious, and beautiful.

I have not asked her out, because I have not ever asked a young lady out, and I am... well... I am shy.

I don't know how she may react. I don't know if it would be creepy if I just, when we're talking, ask her gently if she'd like to go out for dinner with me, my treat. I just want to fall in love with a loving young lady, propose to her, marry her, and live happily ever after. Not the typical male dude who treats women poorly or like pieces of meat to be emotionally manipulated. I hate that shit with a passion. I'm a gentle giant, and I feel like I'm ready to find a loving wife. I mean, dang, I'm 27 here, muscular, on a good career path, out of trouble, and studying like hell to go from CNA to RN.

Opportunities to make connections with young ladies have come and went. If she's really the one, I don't want to let this opportunity slip from my fingers. Her personality is just so attractive and beautiful. What should I do? I'm just frickin' bashful, damn it. What compounds things is that at the hospital I work the male to female ratio is 1:22. I have four female friends I work with that play match-maker! FOUR. Every time I go down for frickin' lunch I've got one of them and three other female coworkers coming to sit with me to eat and talk. And what's worse is that some of these nice ladies are sassy! They make cute jokes about how I'm not married yet, always hinting! It's like they're analyzing me, asking me questions [personal questions] and making suggestions on who I should date here! Then I start blushing and then they start giggling hysterically, then I compose myself and try to maintain my calm, mature voice. Damn it all.

What do I do?

I do have feelings for this one young lady. What should I do? Should I 'pursue her' and gently ask her out for supper? Do I really need to feel so afraid, shy, and bashful? If you're female and reading this, could you please help me out here? Guys, what do you think, too? More than a few times she's 'voiced' in my vicinity that she's hoping to find a good man to fall in live with and marry. And this always happens when I'm the only guy in the area. Maybe I'm just stupid when it comes to picking up on subtle female cues of interest. She is very, very nice to me... Maybe I shouldn't be afraid?

They recently fired a couple at my job for causing drama after "the break-up."...Just saying.

Well that's an attraction and it's a start. But instead of letting those feelings build, it's best to ask her out and see if she feels the same...

That way you can try to move in on in the event she is NOT interested and you can move on in the case that she is!

Sapient.

Don't do it man!!

What do you want, to end up married or something?

I do want to be married. To meet and fall in love with a loving young woman, and marry her. A best friend to enjoy life with. I want to go dating with her frequently: not end it after getting married. Marriage shouldn't stagnate: it should be a fun adventure with your loved one.
Yeah, yeah, yeah...get back to us after you're married for a while.

Well that's an attraction and it's a start. But instead of letting those feelings build, it's best to ask her out and see if she feels the same...

That way you can try to move in on in the event she is NOT interested and you can move on in the case that she is!

Sapient.

Don't do it man!!

I do want to be married. To meet and fall in love with a loving young woman, and marry her. A best friend to enjoy life with. I want to go dating with her frequently: not end it after getting married. Marriage shouldn't stagnate: it should be a fun adventure with your loved one.

What's wrong with YOUR marriage?

Sapient.

Don't do it man!!

What's wrong with YOUR marriage?
Nothing. Just yanking a chain.

Just ask her out. It's not the end of the world if she says no. It's no big deal. But it could be a lot of fun if she says yes.

The only reason not to is if there is some sort of policy at work that says you can't date colleagues. I know some hospitals have a rule that employees can't date patients, but AFAIK none of them around here ban employees from dating each other.

Waiting for the right opportunity to ask her out for coffee. Could ask her out today, but she's going on vacation in Florida for a week starting tomorrow. Her work schedule makes it a bit tricky to talk with her casually; it'd probably be bad if I just casually strike up a conversation with her while being genuinely funny, then casually ask if she'd like to go out for coffee with me tonight. She is very smart, goofy, and beautiful, ergo intimidating.

Turns out she was leaving work at 1pm today, so tough luck. She'll be back next week.

She's petite, slender, very smart, and simply adorable. And she's engaging in that insidious female behavior that can be CONDENSED(!) WITH THIS ICON:
flirty3-smiley.gif

I like her, I adore her company, she's a goof, and I feel happy with her around. She's the kind of young lady I'd love to listen to and just spend the hours talking and laughing and just being comrades with.

I do, deep down, suspect that she likes me, but is waiting for me to ask her out while not getting angry or impatient. Just from everything I've seen of her since working with her 7 months ago. I like her too, but I'm just frickin' bashful. Then again I see this rugged, handsome young dude in the mirror and ask myself why I'm so damned scared to ask a kind young lady out for coffee or dinner. Worst that can happen is she screams in horror and runs away, right? Cripes on a pancake heap.

Wake -- you're overthinking this. Perhaps unconsciously-deliberately postponing it indefinitely.

You gotta put it out of your mind, forget the whole thing, and then just act spontaneously when she's back in view. Let nature take its course. Stop writing stories in your head -- inevitably you'll compose narratives that can't happen. This self-second-guessing is competing for your attention, and it's winning.

On top of everything, you need to make sure your dick game is right. If you can't fuck her like she needs (every girl wants to be fucked properly no matter how "different from the rest" she seems) then you're going to have a short relationship. I'm just being honest.

You've worked there seven months with a particular young lady who is kind and friendly with you.

Never had any problems between you and her, and you get along pretty well actually.

Say she's flirted with you at times, and you've been a gentle and respectful young man. Kind, too.

Let's get more detailed.

She's overtly hinted with her female coworkers while you're in the same room that she's single and looking for a good man to fall in love with. She literally said, yesterday, that 'the man needs to pursue the woman,' and it was like she was directing her voice towards me while I had my back to her over in the corner of the pharmacy restocking med carts. A month ago when she left the nurse's station to go home I spoke with a fellow CNA about her, just talking about how nice of a person she is. Right there only a second after that the fellow coworker takes out her iPhone and texts something. Then the young lady I like comes back up the stairs wide-eyed and smiling, just wanting to talk. [I may be a big brute, but I do hold the skill of discernment].

I have not asked her out, because I have not ever asked a young lady out, and I am... well... I am shy.

I don't know how she may react. I don't know if it would be creepy if I just, when we're talking, ask her gently if she'd like to go out for dinner with me, my treat. I just want to fall in love with a loving young lady, propose to her, marry her, and live happily ever after. Not the typical male dude who treats women poorly or like pieces of meat to be emotionally manipulated. I hate that shit with a passion. I'm a gentle giant, and I feel like I'm ready to find a loving wife. I mean, dang, I'm 27 here, muscular, on a good career path, out of trouble, and studying like hell to go from CNA to RN.

Opportunities to make connections with young ladies have come and went. If she's really the one, I don't want to let this opportunity slip from my fingers. Her personality is just so attractive and beautiful. What should I do? I'm just frickin' bashful, damn it. What compounds things is that at the hospital I work the male to female ratio is 1:22. I have four female friends I work with that play match-maker! FOUR. Every time I go down for frickin' lunch I've got one of them and three other female coworkers coming to sit with me to eat and talk. And what's worse is that some of these nice ladies are sassy! They make cute jokes about how I'm not married yet, always hinting! It's like they're analyzing me, asking me questions [personal questions] and making suggestions on who I should date here! Then I start blushing and then they start giggling hysterically, then I compose myself and try to maintain my calm, mature voice. Damn it all.

What do I do?

I do have feelings for this one young lady. What should I do? Should I 'pursue her' and gently ask her out for supper? Do I really need to feel so afraid, shy, and bashful? If you're female and reading this, could you please help me out here? Guys, what do you think, too? More than a few times she's 'voiced' in my vicinity that she's hoping to find a good man to fall in live with and marry. And this always happens when I'm the only guy in the area. Maybe I'm just stupid when it comes to picking up on subtle female cues of interest. She is very, very nice to me... Maybe I shouldn't be afraid?

Take this advice from 70+ years of experience - NEVER DATE A CO-WORKER!!!!!!

Office romances generally end badly.

Let's get more detailed.

What do I do?

Take this advice from 70+ years of experience - NEVER DATE A CO-WORKER!!!!!!

Office romances generally end badly.

Take this advice from millennia of experience: "Never say 'never'".

I like this woman. I do have feelings for her.

I will spontaneously ask her out when the opportunity presents itself.

If she declines I'll take it like a man and cry silently in the corner for awhile, er, respect it maturely and carry on with life.

Then again, some have said that the man should pursue the woman, even if she declines the first time. How I heard this was, when working in the pharmacy WITH the young lady I like, she overtly started asking our female head pharmacy tech what she should do if the man she likes is afraid of her beauty, and if she should ASK HIM. The older woman said NO, THE MAN SHOULD PURSUE THE WOMAN. They were talking a bit more loudly than can be assumed 'normal,' and I was the only other person in the room.

Message received, I think?

She's flirted with me numerous times, and has asked me out to go to the bar four times with her friends [which I did] and has tried to get me drunk by ordering shots for me and her. I'm 27 and she's 21. She also gets a big smile on her face and her eyes widen during those moments we're talking. See, I'm VERY fucking analytical... but I'm shy and bashful as fuck, and I DO blush hard. Being 6'4", she's only, what, 5' maybe? She's petite but gorgeous and so, so smart.

Being a big, muscular brute, it's really tough for me to express my feelings like this.

My original plan was to become an RN first, so that I was financially secure before meeting Her, and I've missed opportunities with loving young ladies. I am very, very physically fit, and I do want to be with a loving young woman when she's my wife, but more importantly, I want to be with her at an emotional level, which I view as far, far more important. I just want a best friend I can love at the deepest of emotional levels. If ever there was a reason to live, that would be it. Sex is only one part of an enduring relationship, but not the most important. I want to truly bond with her emotionally, respect her body as I would my own, and care for her heart as I would my own.

Last edited:

If she declines I'll take it like a man and cry silently in the corner for awhile, er, respect it maturely and carry on with life.

Then again, some have said that the man should pursue the woman, even if she declines the first time. How I heard this was, when working in the pharmacy WITH the young lady I like, she overtly started asking our female head pharmacy tech what she should do if the man she likes is afraid of her beauty, and if she should ASK HIM. The older woman said NO, THE MAN SHOULD PURSUE THE WOMAN. They were talking a bit more loudly than can be assumed 'normal,' and I was the only other person in the room.

She's flirted with me numerous times, and has asked me out to go to the bar four times with her friends [which I did] and has tried to get me drunk by ordering shots for me and her. I'm 27 and she's 21. She also gets a big smile on her face and her eyes widen during those moments we're talking. See, I'm VERY fucking analytical... but I'm shy and bashful as fuck, and I DO blush hard. Being 6'4", she's only, what, 5' maybe? She's petite but gorgeous and so, so smart.

Being a big, muscular brute, it's really tough for me to express my feelings like this.

My original plan was to become an RN first, so that I was financially secure before meeting Her, and I've missed opportunities with loving young ladies. I am very, very physically fit, and I do want to be with a loving young woman when she's my wife, but more importantly, I want to be with her at an emotional level, which I view as far, far more important. I just want a best friend I can love at the deepest of emotional levels. If ever there was a reason to live, that would be it. Sex is only one part of an enduring relationship, but not the most important. I want to truly bond with her emotionally, respect her body as I would my own, and care for her heart as I would my own.

How can you have feelings for someone you don't really know?
You are infatuated. Have you really spent time with her?
If not, those are not trustable feelings.

How can you have feelings for someone you don't really know?
You are infatuated. Have you really spent time with her?
If not, those are not trustable feelings.

I've worked with her about 3 days a week for the last eight months, have gone out with her and her friends 4 times, and have talked with her quite a bit as time and opportunity allows.

I'm at the point where I'd just like to ask her out for coffee and just, you know, talk and get to know her. Don't want to get too tripped up in what could be, and just take it slow and be a kind, funny gentleman.

Ask her out for coffee. It is simple. It is "not a date" so there are few associated expectations.

You know what? I'm gonna do that.

If I don't ask, I'll never know.

Women have the same sexual urges, just expressed differently. She is probably hitting the pillow at home and howling "Why won't he ask me out already!!!!!!!!!!!" I have noticed you around the board and I am sure she wants to grab you and squeeze you. you are Mench

She'll be back from vacation this Wed.

I am nervous. Not nervous if she says no...

...but if she says yes.

I wonder if this is how those tiny male spiders feel when attempting to appease a larger, female mate? I'm a big mesomorph. She's petite and just nice and sweet. It's really silly how I feel nervous about just asking her out for coffee. I want to meet a lady who's looking for love, not lust. I'm not the kind of guy who just looks to bang women and 'score points.' Some of the guys I work with have said they thought I was a guy like that, because of how I look, and one of them still thinks I'm lying when I tell him I'm waiting until marriage.

I've never been in love before. I don't know if I am in love. I do know I enjoy her company, and I know she definitely knows that. I need to stop over-thinking things so much: trying not to get ahead of myself. Just ask her out for coffee, and see how it goes, and make sure you have fun if she says yes.

Forum List

Back