Got a Favorite "Far Side" Cartoon? Let's Hear It!

ksm0003d.jpg

There is a giant vat of fudge.

There is an escalator going up the side of the vat.

The escalator is filled with crazy and deranged looking people.

At the top of the escalator is a giant mechanical boxing glove knocking the people into the vat of fudge as they get to the top of the escalator.

The title of the cartoon is, "Making Nut Fudge".

This is also my favorite Larson cartoon and I have had a copy of the cartoon on my kitchen bulletin board for many years. It is so old and yellowed. Do you have any idea where I might get another copy or which book may contain this particular cartoon? TIA.

First panel: a bunch of ducks standing around.
Second panel: one yells out "Chicken."
Third panel: they all duck down as a chicken flies over head.
Fourth panel: repeat of panel one.
Caption: "Do you ever run out of ideas?" asked the reporter. "Sometimes," replied the cartoonist.

A groom carrying his bride ver the threshold is kicking the partially opened door into the bridal suite.

We're looking at them from the inside of the the room, a room that is infested by thousands of snakes of all sizes and types

The caption reads:

"I hope you're not one of those women who has a thing about snakes"

Last edited:
First panel: a bunch of ducks standing around.
Second panel: one yells out "Chicken."
Third panel: they all duck down as a chicken flies over head.
Fourth panel: repeat of panel one.
Caption: "Do you ever run out of ideas?" asked the reporter. "Sometimes," replied the cartoonist.

This isn't what you're looking for, It's not even Larson but it's funny.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW7nA0uq6WQ[/ame]

I've been looking for one off and on for about eight years now.

Scarecrow from Oz is on wall phone in kitchen: "I saw that wizard you told me about and he gave me a brain. It's in a shoe box on the coffee table as we speak.
Well, as they speak the dog is in the front room, eating the brain out of the shoe box. I don't even know if it was in any of his books. I saw in in the Funnies in the Sunday Paper.

The one with the giraffe standing on the footstool saying "Oh, that's better. I can see everything now."

The one with the scientists studying dolphins and trying to figure out dolphin language, and the dolphins are speaking Spanish.

Forum List

Back