Goreathon yields 707 views in 24 hours

So... I assume that despite the statistical walloping you received at the hands of IfItzMe, you still believe global warming has been caused primarily by increased TSI.

he did not receive any statistical walloping. it was the other way around and he actually creamed fitsyou
Do you believe that warming has cost us anything?
NO

What damage do you believe it has caused?

nothing
Do you think we should try to reduce warming?

NO

I don't believe we've met. Are you a clone?

As of right now, the site has 184,000 likes.

I had never heard of this. Thanks for the info.

Utterly insignificant, isn't it?

It's just PR. And I hold you personally responsible for its existence.

See, that's the problem with you idiots.

I have absolutely NOTHING to do with Gore's carbon masturbation. Yet you're holding ME responsible for it.

Me, I blame Gore and his desire to get wealthy scaring fools like you out of their money.

He's laughing at you, you know.

Utterly insignificant, isn't it?

I have absolutely NOTHING to do with Gore's carbon masturbation. Yet you're holding ME responsible for it.

Me, I blame Gore and his desire to get wealthy scaring fools like you out of their money.

How does that website make money for Gore?

Huge banner on the climatereality main page.. "I AM PRO SNOW"..

Thus insinuating AGAIN -- that our grandchildren will not know what snow is...
I can't even BEGIN to fathom the deep depravity of crass cross-promotion shit that Gore is pulling..

Climate Reality

The Climate Reality Project is proud to partner with Warren Miller Entertainment, the most respected name in action sports filmmaking, for the second year of I AM PRO SNOW. Our goal is to unite people who live for winter and depend on snow for recreation, business, and their quality of life. Together, we’re telling the story of what climate change means for the season we love and building momentum to protect it.

This fall, we’re taking this story to winter sports communities across the nation with the premiere and tour of Warren Miller’s 64th annual feature film, Ticket to Ride. Ticket to Ride chronicles the travels of Climate Ambassadors Ted Ligety, Mark Abma, Michelle Parker, and Doug Stoup as they travel to Greenland to take on some incredible terrain and witness the impacts of climate change first-hand.

Check out our team of top winter sports athletes, including Olympians and members of the U.S. Ski Team, who are joining us as I AM PRO SNOW Climate Ambassadors.

Enter to win a free pair of Icelantic Skis or Wagner Snowboard if you are pro snow and want to get involved with the campaign.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS SHIT??? Free skis and snowboards to the Ever Faithful Followers of the Church of More Hurricanes..

I had BELIEVED that the greedy lawyers behind the WWFund and their grocery bag and tee shirt sales were the WORST of the eco-scammers.. The "I AM PRO SNOW" giveaways are right up there in the same level of Dante's Hell.

Last edited:
So... I assume that despite the statistical walloping you received at the hands of IfItzMe, you still believe global warming has been caused primarily by increased TSI.

Do you believe that warming has cost us anything?

What damage do you believe it has caused?

Do you think we should try to reduce warming?

It costs us less than being cold.

Perhaps. But that was not the question because it's not getting cold. It's getting hot.

None that is measurable.

If this were Wikipedia, there'd be some comment from the editors about the use of weasel words. I would contend that a number of critical parameters are fully mensurable: temperature of air, land and sea, loss of ice and snow, the rise of sea level, the melting of the world's tundra. The damage those have, are and will cause is broad and I suppose, for some, easy to close your eyes to. But to even imply there is no damage is foolish.

I am willing to accept my share of the blame should my conclusions turn out to be faulty. After all, I have reason to believe as I do. My beliefs derive from the vast majority of the world's experts on this topic. You, on the other hand, take a very poorly supported position. I just wanted to make certain you were also willing to accept your share of the blame should your conclusions turn out to be faulty. I ask, of course, because you would have such difficulty justifying them in a preventably overheated world.

The world doesn't seem to agree with your computer models.....

MP-Global-Cooling.jpg

Real risk of a Maunder minimum 'Little Ice Age' says leading scientist

Monday 28 October 2013, 06:22

Paul Hudson Paul Hudson .

"It’s known by climatologists as the ‘Little Ice Age’, a period in the 1600s when harsh winters across the UK and Europe were often severe.
The severe cold went hand in hand with an exceptionally inactive sun, and was called the Maunder solar minimum.

Now a leading scientist from Reading University has told me that the current rate of decline in solar activity is such that there’s a real risk of seeing a return of such conditions.

I’ve been to see Professor Mike Lockwood to take a look at the work he has been conducting into the possible link between solar activity and climate patterns.

According to Professor Lockwood the late 20th century was a period when the sun was unusually active and a so called ‘grand maximum’ occurred around 1985.

Since then the sun has been getting quieter.

By looking back at certain isotopes in ice cores, he has been able to determine how active the sun has been over thousands of years.

Following analysis of the data, Professor Lockwood believes solar activity is now falling more rapidly than at any time in the last 10,000 years.

He found 24 different occasions in the last 10,000 years when the sun was in exactly the same state as it is now - and the present decline is faster than any of those 24."

BBC - Blogs - Weather - Real risk of a Maunder minimum 'Little Ice Age' says leading scientist

screenhunter_1909-oct-27-09-07.jpg

screenhunter_1916-oct-27-09-38.jpg

screenhunter_1910-oct-27-09-09.jpg

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/timeseries.global.anom.1979-2008

Anyone looking at these graphs should pay attention to the fact that these are GLOBAL values, that there are no good values for this parameter prior to satellites and that no one has predicted a loss of ice cover for the entire continent of Antarctica for about another 150 years.

Given the grief I was given about reposting (for the fourth time) Balmaseda, Trenberth and Kallen's graph of OHC, I need to make a few points about your graphics and their source.

Since you have provided us a link to a data file, I presume you and Excel produced these graphics. In that case, I need to ask you from whence came the value for that little red dot labeled "Highest on Record". I'm also curious what your reference value is for the anomaly chart at the bottom. According to your brethren Daveman and PolarBear, without that information, your graphics are worthless and I am forced to imply that you are being fraudulent.

So what? This is unimportant. The world or the parts of it that matter accepts gw.

How does that website make money for Gore?
I never said it does, did I?

You know Gore is into other things besides just that web site, don't you?

Like his carbon credit trading scam that's made him millions off of suckers like you?

About $98 million, actually.

But, hey, he appreciates your lemming-like insistence that we give him more and more money.

Anyone looking at these graphs should pay attention to the fact that these are GLOBAL values, that there are no good values for this parameter prior to satellites and that no one has predicted a loss of ice cover for the entire continent of Antarctica for about another 150 years.

Oh Ice C ---- when the metric is something that DISAGREES with your religion -- "there are no good values for this parameter prior to satellites"...

BUT -- when it comes to tree ring and mud devining ancient temperatures, or diving walruses and captain logs measuring the hidden heat in the ocean depths for the early 20th century ---- ALL OF that is absolutely fine.

WE know that's the operational double standard --- do YOU???

Oh Ice C ---- when the metric is something that DISAGREES with your religion -- "there are no good values for this parameter prior to satellites"...

BUT -- when it comes to tree ring and mud devining ancient temperatures, or diving walruses and captain logs measuring the hidden heat in the ocean depths for the early 20th century ---- ALL OF that is absolutely fine.

WE know that's the operational double standard --- do YOU???

Do you have a proxy for global ice cover?

Forum List

Back