GOP vs. Dems=Mythbusters vs. Glee!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. "Survey shows how liberals and conservatives watch different TV shows.

2....And not just between Fox News and MSNBC. Larry the Cable Guy and Jon Stewart appear to split conservative Republicans and liberal Democrats as surely as President Barack Obama's health reform law.

3. Republicans prefer competitive reality TV and shows about hard work, while Democrats are looking for sarcastic humor and complex characters.

4. Some seem obvious: Democrats love the Daily Show with Jon Stewart for the biting criticisms of (often Republican) politicians and wry wit that the program dishes out from New York City. Conservatives list Jon Stewart's program as one of their most hated for his sarcastic commentary and his pretentious media-watching.

5. Republicans, meanwhile, are drawn to Only in American with Larry the Cable Guy, a show featuring the self-styled plain-talking comedian and his adventures exploring everyday people doing strange jobs across the United States. To liberals, Larry the Cable Guy is a caricature of a redneck, an anti-intellectual who plays the the lowest grade of humor. They rank his show among the worst on TV.

6. The formula Entertainment Weekly suggests is relatively straightforward: Republicans like to watch reality TV with competitions (the Biggest Loser), programs about working people (Pawn Stars) and relatively straight-forward police procedurals (NCIS). Democrats, on the other hand, want to laugh at comedies with progressive humor (Glee) and awkward people doing awkward things (30 Rock). They also like dramas where the heroes and villains aren't always so clear (HBO's Treme).

Democrats like:
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
The Colbert Report
30 Rock
Parks and Recreation
The View
Glee
Modern Family
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Treme
Cougar Town
The Late Show with David Letterman
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Project Runway

Republicans like:
Swamp Loggers
Top Shot
The Bachelor
Castle
MythBusters
Only in America with Larry the Cable Guy
American Pickers
Pawn Stars
Swamp People
The Middle
The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
Dancing with the Stars
Wheel of Fortune

Democrats dislike:
Swamp Loggers
Dog the Bounty Hunter
Cops
The Ultimate Fighter
The Price is Right

CSI: Miami
Kitchen Nightmares
Secret Life of the American Teenager
Ghost Hunters
Ghost Adventures
Deadliest Catch
Operation Repo

Republicans dislike:
Weeds
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
The Colbert Report
South Park
TMZ
General Hospital
Family Guy
Dexter
Jersey Shore
The Walking Dead
Divorce Court
My Fair Wedding With David Tutera

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-American-polarization.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Read more:

Ya' think?

Last edited:
Looking at these lists, I can proudly say that I don't fall into either mold.

30 Rock and the Daily Show are probably in my top 5 most watched shows. At the same time, I shudder at the thought of watching a half hour's worth of the View or Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Mythbusters? Pawn Stars? I say "How can you not like these shows?" Republicans do. Apparently not so much on South Park, which is one of my favorite cartoons.

Overall, very interesting info.

Forum List

Back