GOP to Puerto Rico's nearly bankrupt government: 'Drop dead'

Federal bankruptcy laws prohibit states from declaring bankruptcy. Since Puerto Rico enjoys many of the same benefits, why should we view them differently?
Because they are not a state. Republican will fight tooth and nail to keep them from becoming a state. You know all their representatives would be Democrat.

Puerto Rico has voted against becoming a state at every opportunity.
Who from the U.S. is lobbying them to become a state?

Jeez ... does someone write this material for you?

Well no shit bed wetter. Puerto Rico embraced the insane collectivist nanny state bullshit you promote. So no fuckin wonder they went bankrupt.

It is not possible to be dumber than a liberal and continue breathing on your own.

Yep, that is correct.

But let me remind you that the federal government declared bankruptcy in 1935 - The Gold Clause Cases - the only thing that saved the federal government but not Stockton, Detroit, NYC, or Puerto Rico is the fact that the federal government can print money until its heart is content.

Sorry, but most Puerto Ricans i've ever talked to, just love to boast about not being required to pay certain taxes others in the U.S. are required to. So maybe you've just never spoken to a Puerto Rico resident.

They enjoy the perks of a loose connection to the US, while at the same time whining about Independence. But they can't have it both ways. So either start the Revolution, or just shut up. It is what it is.
Most of my family lives in Puerto Rico. You are completely full of shit. And if you do find a Puerto Rican bragging about not paying certain taxes, remind them that their education system, healthcare system, infrastructure, and government are complete disasters because of those taxes they don't pay. And the several they DO pay will never come back to the island in any meaningful way.

Sounds like Puerto Ricans are pretty inept... oh well, sucks to be Puerto Rican.
What a waste of a comment. Thanks person who knows jack shit about Puerto Rico.

Whatthefuckever.. Fuck Puerto Rico.
Many Puerto Ricans have fought and died for you.

Sorry, we're all tapped out. We don't have the cash to bail Puerto Rico out. It'll have to make some sacrifices and balance its budget somehow. It got itself into the mess, it'll have to get itself out of it. That's just the way it has to be.

Most of my family lives in Puerto Rico. You are completely full of shit. And if you do find a Puerto Rican bragging about not paying certain taxes, remind them that their education system, healthcare system, infrastructure, and government are complete disasters because of those taxes they don't pay. And the several they DO pay will never come back to the island in any meaningful way.

Sounds like Puerto Ricans are pretty inept... oh well, sucks to be Puerto Rican.

Sorry, we're all tapped out. We don't have the cash to bail Puerto Rico out. It'll have to make some sacrifices and balance its budget somehow. It got itself into the mess, it'll have to get itself out of it. That's just the way it has to be.
Lucky we have the cash to "defend ourselves" 12,000 miles away in the Middle East.

If we could only get the Democrats to care this much about the massive Debt Hussein has dumped on future generations. How bout it Dems? Whata ya say?
You mean the one that started with the deficit creating Bush Tax cuts?
You mean the debt that included the trillions spent on Iraq?
Did you know the cost of the two wars weren't included in the deficit the GOP handed to Obama?
And the money lost from the millions of jobs moved to China from 2001 to 2008?
And the revenue lost from the more than 40,000 factories closed from 2001 to 2008?
Wow, when you look at what GOP policies created and mess they handed to Obama, you get an entirely different picture. One even tards can understand. So why can't you?

Sorry, the stale 'BOOOOOOSH' stuff isn't gonna work on this one. You guys haven't protested Hussein's massive Debt at all. So i'll have to dismiss this as being hypocritical faux outrage.

Puerto Rico enjoys a whole lotta perks being loosely connected with the U.S. For instance, most Puerto Ricans love to boast about their favorable tax structure. Yet at the same time they love to whine about being independent. So, maybe it's time for Revolution? Resolve the matter once and for all. Can't have it both ways. Sorry bout that.
Yeah they pay tax and don't get much of anything in return. What a favorable tax structure. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but most Puerto Ricans i've ever talked to, just love to boast about not being required to pay certain taxes others in the U.S. are required to. So maybe you've just never spoken to a Puerto Rico resident.

They enjoy the perks of a loose connection to the US, while at the same time whining about Independence. But they can't have it both ways. So either start the Revolution, or just shut up. It is what it is.
All of the Puerto Ricans I've talk to came here because they hated being poor and not having enough money to pay taxes.

Well, i've talked to several Puerto Rico residents in the past. And they all boasted about their favorable tax structure there. Maybe times have changed there though. But regardless, it should have managed its budget better. It's a mess it created itself. We don't have the cash to bail it out. Your boy Hussein spent it all. Sorry bout that.

Yeah they pay tax and don't get much of anything in return. What a favorable tax structure. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and since when do Democrats care about massive Debt? They've never expressed any problems with Hussein dumping a whole lot of it on future generations.

My guess is, some very wealthy & influential Puerto Rican Democrat donors are pissed off. Because there's no way you can convince anyone with common sense that Democrats give a shite about massive Debt. Just another faux outrage scam. Simple as that.
Read post 50 and say that again.

Some wealthy influential Puerto Rican Dem donors are pissed. That's all this is about. Democrats dont give a shite about massive Debt. They love spending other peoples' money. So who do you think you're fooling with this faux outrage stuff?

Lucky we have the cash to "defend ourselves" 12,000 miles away in the Middle East.

Well, that's another issue entirely. The U.S. Government will always somehow come up with $Billions for more Wars. The Globalist Elites have their priorities. Permanent War = Money & Control. It sure ain't about saving Puerto Rico.

Forum List

Back