GOP should ignore the voters

Steerpike

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2007
That's not my opinion, but one that has apparently been expressed enough to the GOP that a spokesman for the national party came out and made a statement about it. He said the GOP would not do that.

Of course, the parties can choose their candidates however they like. But I think the voters would be quite unhappy if one of them decided to disregard the primary votes and nominate another person.

That's not my opinion, but one that has apparently been expressed enough to the GOP that a spokesman for the national party came out and made a statement about it. He said the GOP would not do that.

Of course, the parties can choose their candidates however they like. But I think the voters would be quite unhappy if one of them decided to disregard the primary votes and nominate another person.

I hadn't heard anything about this. How/why would they ignore the primaries?

I hadn't heard anything about this. How/why would they ignore the primaries?

Some people want the GOP to ignore the primaries because they don't want McCain to get nominated.

Since the parties are private entities and not part of the government, I suspect they can ignore them if they want to. But I don't see it happening.

Some people want the GOP to ignore the primaries because they don't want McCain to get nominated.

Since the parties are private entities and not part of the government, I suspect they can ignore them if they want to. But I don't see it happening.

Well, if they ever did anything like that, I'd think the party would lose it's entire base to a third party and the repubs would go the way of the mugwumps.

Well, if they ever did anything like that, I'd think the party would lose it's entire base to a third party and the repubs would go the way of the mugwumps.

I don't know if they'd lose the entire base, since a lot of them seem to hate McCain, but I think they'd really make more people mad than happy. The GOP has already come out and said they aren't going to do it. Makes me wonder how much complaining they heard, though, if they felt the need to make a statement.

I don't know if they'd lose the entire base, since a lot of them seem to hate McCain, but I think they'd really make more people mad than happy. The GOP has already come out and said they aren't going to do it. Makes me wonder how much complaining they heard, though, if they felt the need to make a statement.

I don't think it would matter whether they hate or like McCain. It would be the whole process of being divested on their voice.... especially when during primaries, it's the most activist members of the party who vote.

But yes, I'm sure a good chunk of the base isn't happy with McCain. They wanted Huckabee the wackadoo flat-earther.

I don't think it would matter whether they hate or like McCain. It would be the whole process of being divested on their voice.... especially when during primaries, it's the most activist members of the party who vote.

But yes, I'm sure a good chunk of the base isn't happy with McCain. They wanted Huckabee the wackadoo flat-earther.

Yeah cuz the primary results thus far have indicated THAT. What'd he take? One state? :eusa_whistle:

Yeah cuz the primary results thus far have indicated THAT. What'd he take? One state? :eusa_whistle:

You can't reason with her on that topic….anybody who even breathes Christian values makes poor jilly go wackadoo insane.

Interesting vote so far in West Virginia. Romney 41%. Huckabee 33%. McCain trailing at 16%. There will be a second vote since one needs 50% to win.

Did you ever think that they really may not have your best interests at heart.................and maybe would like nothing better than to take it out of the hands of the people................think of all the voter fraud allogations it would save..............:rolleyes: :eusa_whistle:

Did you ever think that they really may not have your best interests at heart.................and maybe would like nothing better than to take it out of the hands of the people................think of all the voter fraud allogations it would save..............:rolleyes: :eusa_whistle:

I've never thought either of the two main parties have my best interest at heart.

the dam thing is rigged on the Alex Jones radio show about a year ago he announced that by the primary coulter and the drug addled rush would be embracing Clinton because they are controlled and that Clinton is who the bilderburgs have selected to be elected and that the neo-con drones would fall right behind them and not even question ...I THOUGHT MADDNESS
That will never happen...

but then alex predicted 911 on july 25 2001... before it occured
if only we had listened..

Alex Jones Predicts 911
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGtOFudmHG8[/ame]

the dam thing is rigged on the Alex Jones radio show about a year ago he announced that by the primary coulter and the drug addled rush would be embracing Clinton because they are controlled and that Clinton is who the bilderburgs have selected to be elected and that the neo-con drones would fall right behind them and not even question ...I THOUGHT MADDNESS
That will never happen...

but then alex predicted 911 on july 25 2001... before it occured
if only we had listened..

Alex Jones Predicts 911
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGtOFudmHG8

The only references to the WTC were the 1993 bombings of the WTC. I predicted that myself ten years after it happened, so I'm ahead of Alex Jones. It took him 12 years after to predict it. :razz:

what ever lie gets you through the night

Maybe you can go back, look at the video again, and then post the exact time during the video in which Alex Jones says the WTC is going to be attacked with commercial airliners, or that the government is getting ready to stage an attack on the WTC with commercial airliners but is really going to blow up WTC from inside. Something like that.

Maybe you can go back, look at the video again, and then post the exact time during the video in which Alex Jones says the WTC is going to be attacked with commercial airliners, or that the government is getting ready to stage an attack on the WTC with commercial airliners but is really going to blow up WTC from inside. Something like that.

Do you know how desperate you sound ? of course he did not no ever detail of the attack no one made such a claim but the warning of a major event before the end of the year is clear and his prediction on coulter and rush couldn't be anymore precise

Do you know how desperate you sound ? of course he did not no ever detail of the attack no one made such a claim but the warning of a major event before the end of the year is clear and his prediction on coulter and rush couldn't be anymore precise

That's the sort of thing people predict every year on the New Year's Eve edition of Coast to Coast with Art Bell. To convince me he actually knew anything, I'd have to see at least a little bit of detail. This video doesn't provide much.

Forum List

Back