GOP shoot down one of their own

Leading House GOP figure's compromise plan gets shot down - CNN.com

Yup, the won't be happy until they are the minority party in all three branches of government...sad but true.

The majority of Americans support higher taxeson the wealthy. Now they are showing everyone who they are in DC to support...the wealthy

The only place republicans compromise is in airport bathrooms.

Bending over and taking it up the ass is exactly what a Democrat means when he uses the word "compromise."

Cole is right: (1) because the middle and lower classes deserve the cut, and (2) we can use the Dems' failure to significantly address entitlement spending to take back the Senate, increase our lead, and significantly hurt Obama.

(1) is going to pass in one fashion or another. So let's get the most out of it.

Cole is a moron and a RINO, just like you, Fakey.

That so-called "compromise" gives Republicans nothing.

Any Republican who agreed to it would be slitting his own throat.

It's no surprise that you support it.

The majority of Americans support higher taxeson the wealthy.

Why don't you tell us, in YOUR OWN words, why you think it's a good idea to raise tax rates on the wealthy.

Do you believe it will result in more tax revenue? News from the UK just yesterday showed how raising tax rates on their wealthy resulted in LESS tax revenue. How are you sure that won't be the case with us?

Do you think higher taxes on those that start/expand businesses, provide capital, and make large scale purchases will help or hurt the economy?

Lastly, as we already have the most progressive tax structure in the world, how do you think that making it more so will effect the movement of capital and jobs to other countries? Will it help America or hurt?

Please, enlighten us.

Why don't you tell us, in YOUR OWN words, why you think it's a good idea to raise tax rates on the wealthy.

Do you believe it will result in more tax revenue? News from the UK just yesterday showed how raising tax rates on their wealthy resulted in LESS tax revenue. How are you sure that won't be the case with us?

Do you think higher taxes on those that start/expand businesses, provide capital, and make large scale purchases will help or hurt the economy?

Lastly, as we already have the most progressive tax structure in the world, how do you think that making it more so will effect the movement of capital and jobs to other countries? Will it help America or hurt?

Please, enlighten us.

I hope you have a surplus of time to waste while you wait for an answer...

Please, enlighten us.

You'll be waiting for a very long time. They don't even comprehend what they're proposing. Basically, it's.....queen bee says tax rich, hive flies out yelling tax rich.

Last edited:
You are not a Republican, because you don't count here.

This compromise gives Republicanism the future, damages the Democrats significantly, and shuts the door on Libertarianism.

Win Win Win for the good guys.

Cole is right: (1) because the middle and lower classes deserve the cut, and (2) we can use the Dems' failure to significantly address entitlement spending to take back the Senate, increase our lead, and significantly hurt Obama.

(1) is going to pass in one fashion or another. So let's get the most out of it.

Let's see- The richest have tripled their wealth under Voodoo, and 93% of growth since 2008 has gone to them, while the nonrich and the country have suffered. The 800 billion this small tax rise would bring in is 2/3 of sequestration.

How ignorant and brainwashed can the dupes get?

Most progessive tax structure my arse, dupes. LOL If you include all taxes, the middle class pays a higher % than the rich, and the poor pay as much %wise as giant corporations or Romney.

But keep up the BS, dupes- you're the greatest! By 11/14, only 40%, the morons, will vote for the GOP at this rate.

The GOP will soon figure out that they LOST the election. Of course, if they don't then they will lose again in 2014....the House is the last thing they can lose.

The GOP will soon figure out that they LOST the election. Of course, if they don't then they will lose again in 2014....the House is the last thing they can lose.

So you're not willing to answer the question "Why do you think it's a good idea to raise taxes on the wealthy"?

Hmm...

Couldn't be you're a troll, could it?!

It could be because we can't stop the Dems from finessing it in such a way without making us out the bad guys with working class America.

You far righties better wake up.

It could be because we can't stop the Dems from finessing it in such a way without making us out the bad guys with working class America.

You far righties better wake up.

That's precisely the thing the absolutists just can't seem to understand.

Like it or not, image plays a huge role in politics, and the hard right just keeps playing right into the Left's hands. Like shootin' fish in a freakin' barrel.

Worse yet, they're PROUD of it.

Like it or not, image plays a huge role in politics....

Is that your way of saying that tax increases really don't make any logical sense, but because it "feels" right to the uninformed voters out there, it behooves a party to embrace the idea?

eflatminor, grow up and act like an adult.

Politics is the art of the possible, nothing else. Your absolutist position will get the GOP nowhere.

Politics is the art of the possible, nothing else. Your absolutist position will get the GOP nowhere.

I see. Logic and reason have no place in these discussion. I have to say, that has been my experience, so perhaps you have a point.

For what it's worth, I have no desire to support the GOP. Made that mistake once. Won't happen again.

I was rude and apologize for how I said what I said, but logic can only go so far. Yes, the electorates on both sides are very dumbed down, but they always have been so since the 1820s, increasingly so each generation.

The parties play to constituencies, and the TP overplayed its hand. If it stonewalls the negotiations past the first of the year, the Dems will media massacre the GOP, then introduce legislation in Senate and House the GOP can't withstand without losing in 2014 and worse in 2016.

I see. Logic and reason have no place in these discussion. I have to say, that has been my experience, so perhaps you have a point.

For what it's worth, I have no desire to support the GOP. Made that mistake once. Won't happen again.

This compromise gives Republicanism the future, damages the Democrats significantly, and shuts the door on Libertarianism.

it's not a compromise, Fakey, and Republicans have nothing to gain by voting for it. They will be slitting their own throats if they do. Of course, that's exactly why you support it.

Leading House GOP figure's compromise plan gets shot down - CNN.com

Yup, the won't be happy until they are the minority party in all three branches of government...sad but true.

The majority of Americans support higher taxeson the wealthy. Now they are showing everyone who they are in DC to support...the wealthy
More libtard lies. Idiots speaking making people laugh. The republicans need to stand firm against obamaturd and the left's idiot agenda.

Because you say so without evidence? Hilarious. Here, let me tell you again. "This compromise gives Republicanism the future, damages the Democrats significantly, and shuts the door on Libertarianism."

And let me tell you again that as a poor example Libertarian you have no weight with Republican politics.

it's not a compromise, Fakey, and Republicans have nothing to gain by voting for it. They will be slitting their own throats if they do. Of course, that's exactly why you support it.

Forum List

Back