GOP Senator block bill to make BP pay

VaVaVoid:

B'loney.

Protecting our coastal waters is part of the general welfare. Forcing people to buy a service they do not want is not. The two are not even remotely equivalent.

VaVaVoid:

B'loney.

Protecting our coastal waters is part of the general welfare. Forcing people to buy a service they do not want is not. The two are not even remotely equivalent.

Protecting our coastal water from oil leaking out of a corporation's well is in the Constitution? Please point out that section to me.

It's also to deflect attention away from the Obama Administration's incredibly slow response - note how they are all parroting that they were there on Day One. It's a lie.

The DC buzz has been that the White House went into a tizzy over the Katrina comparisons. They are desperate to deflect blame.

It's not going to work.

"Incredibly slow response" from a Federal Government that per the Constitution is not required to clean up oil leaks? What the hell MORE did you expect our Government to do anyway?

How about NOT sign off on the drilling without ensuring it had appropriate safety procedures? Just a thought.

And who did this?

VaVaVoid:

B'loney.

Protecting our coastal water from oil leaking out of a corporation's well is in the Constitution? Please point out that section to me.

The Feds have jurisdiction over the coastal waters. An oil spill interferes with navigation - preventing the ability of the coast guard to engage in patrols. It's a national security issue.

"Incredibly slow response" from a Federal Government that per the Constitution is not required to clean up oil leaks? What the hell MORE did you expect our Government to do anyway?

How about NOT sign off on the drilling without ensuring it had appropriate safety procedures? Just a thought.

And who did this?

The Obama Administration permitted drilling without permits:

U.S. Said to Allow Drilling Without Needed Permits - NYTimes.com

VaVaVoid:

B'loney.

The Feds have jurisdiction over the coastal waters. An oil spill interferes with navigation - preventing the ability of the coast guard to engage in patrols. It's a national security issue.

Because of the way the gulf is geographically, plus based on where the spill is, the US Coast Guard is not impeded in it's operations.

Let's start with this one where you tell us all how the BBC is reporting that:

Let's start what, you fucking moron?

Your post doesn't actually make sense. Color me shocked pink. Who'd have thunk it?

You're pink because you are embarrassed that I cuaght you in a lie, not that you are shocked....but it's OK. We all know it.

Oh...and just so you know, I was instructed not to respond to your creepy PMs and neg reps. Otherwise, I would have. All in good time, bitch.

I'm still waiting for an explanation of "Let's start with this one where you tell us all how the BBC is reporting that:" and exactly where the lie is in my post. You accuse me of lying.... back it up, moron.

And who did this?

So, are you claiming that the TransOcean rig that is now leaking did not get put into place until Obama was in the White House? What I read was that the MMS granted this permission, NOT the Obama administration.

I see the cowardly little man, VaYank, still pretends he owes me either a demonstration that I lied (which he cannot provide because I did not lie) or an apology. I wonder how many times I will have to remind him to man up?

And who did this?

So, are you claiming that the TransOcean rig that is now leaking did not get put into place until Obama was in the White House? What I read was that the MMS granted this permission, NOT the Obama administration.

Still ignoring my request to back up your shit about me lying? Coward.

I've already proven my point. Everyone but you knows it. I am tired of wasting my time and the MODS' time on you.

Cons want poor people to take personal responsibility, not the rich or corporations. The poor should pay for the corporations and the rich.

Because of the way the gulf is geographically, plus based on where the spill is, the US Coast Guard is not impeded in it's operations.

Really? So either the spill is so insignificant that there is no reason to penalize BP - or you are incorrect that the Coast Guard has free unimpeded access throughout the Gulf waters.

I've already proven my point. Everyone but you knows it. I am tired of wasting my time and the MODS' time on you.

The only point you've proven is the one at the very tippy top of your head.

Really? So either the spill is so insignificant that there is no reason to penalize BP - or you are incorrect that the Coast Guard has free unimpeded access throughout the Gulf waters.

You are smarter than this. Stop acting like a child. Just because the Coast Guard can still perform their job with ships and AIRCRAFT, does not make this disaster any less significant.

You have NOT proven anything. You claim that I lied by saying the BBC quoted the figure of $300m. Prove that was a lie. Go ahead. I'll wait. I know I will be waiting a loooooong time because you cannot prove that the truth is a lie.

Anyone with half a brain knows you for what you are, VaYank. You are a liar.

Did one of the Mods tell you to stop fucking whining?

Last edited:

You are smarter than this. Stop acting like a child. Just because the Coast Guard can still perform their job with ships and AIRCRAFT, does not make this disaster any less significant.

Spin. Spin. Spin.

A major oil spill on coastal waters creates a national security hazard - especially when it is not contained. You are being incredibly intellectual dishonest.

Cons want poor people to take personal responsibility, not the rich or corporations. The poor should pay for the corporations and the rich.

The intelligent - on either side of the political fence - would like to have evidence about who is responsible for what before we start lynching. It's the fucking moronic droolers like you who think it's about rich and poor, or the little people vs the big bad corporations. We just want factually accurate information on which to rest an informed opinion. Is that too radical for you?

People who support Ex Post Facto laws being used to punish someone else in lieu of following due process should be prepared for the same technique to be applied to them when The Mob demands it.

Forum List

Back