GOP Pushes New Cuts

I did in my very first response on this thread.

and oh I see, so you're in college but none of this would effect you? You're interest in this is totally pedestrian? Uhm ok.

Hear yea!!!!!

I here-by ask that anyone reading the post I made to Modbert ala sacrifice, insert in place of YOU, THEY as in they or THOSE 'college students' etc. in the post remarked up by Modbert in his retort.

His posts ala shared sacrifice etc. revolves not wit upon or is topical to him/he in any personal means or matter, he is totally outside the topic or subject matter.

Once again, you try to make this about me.

I have never hid the fact I'm in college on this website. I've been taking flak for my age and other related facts almost two years before you even came here.

This would totally have a impact on my life. Just like someone who owns guns is impacted by a potential gun law. Or how someone who owns a small business is impacted by a potential small business law. Or just how someone like yourself is impacted by potential laws.

You still haven't shown me how this is a good idea and not just a gimmicky accounting trick.

But hey, I guess when you can't defend Cantor's stupid idea, gotta resort to going after me personally.

and oh I see, so you're in college but none of this would effect you? You're interest in this is totally pedestrian? Uhm ok.

Hear yea!!!!!

I here-by ask that anyone reading the post I made to Modbert ala sacrifice, insert in place of YOU, THEY as in they or THOSE 'college students' etc. in the post remarked up by Modbert in his retort.

His posts ala shared sacrifice etc. revolves not wit upon or is topical to him/he in any personal means or matter, he is totally outside the topic or subject matter.

I have never hid the fact I'm in college on this website. I've been taking flak for my age and other related facts almost two years before you even came here.

This would totally have a impact on my life. Just like someone who owns guns is impacted by a potential gun law. Or how someone who owns a small business is impacted by a potential small business law. Or just how someone like yourself is impacted by potential laws.

You still haven't shown me how this is a good idea and not just a gimmicky accounting trick.

But hey, I guess when you can't defend Cantor's stupid idea, gotta resort to going after me personally.

HIDDEN fREE TUITION. THERE, NOW YOU CAN SAY YOU GOT SOMETHING FOR NOTHING.

Hear yea!!!!!

wtf?:eusa_eh: do you have a dissociative identity disorder? it isn't about you, now, yes it totally impacts me....dude...

and for the what, third time , I posted my response on page 1, post 4.

Last edited:
and for the what, third time , I posted my response on page 1, post 4.

I was hoping you could expand upon it.

In retrospect, I may have read your response wrong and for that I apologize if I did.

Hear yea!!!!!

Willowtree is just upset that money is going somewhere else besides (1) entitlements, (2) the military, (3) or tax cuts. That's the Baby Boomer trinity!

Modbert, the fact that you are in college just shows that you are their targeted enemy in their generational warfare campaign.

Willowtree is just upset that money is going somewhere else besides (1) entitlements, (2) the military, (3) or tax cuts. That's the Baby Boomer trinity!

Modbert, the fact that you are in college just shows that you are their targeted enemy in their generational warfare campaign.

Well, based on the results shown on this forum I think MODMORN should go to college on his own dime.

Debt Crisis Deepens as Eric Cantor, GOP Propose New Cuts - The Daily Beast

As Monday’s White House budget talks got down to the nitty-gritty, Eric Cantor proposed a series of spending cuts, one of them aimed squarely at college students.

The House majority leader, who did most of the talking for the Republican side, said those taking out student loans should start paying interest right away, rather than being able to defer payments until after graduation. It is a big-ticket item that would save $40 billion over 10 years.
At one point, sources say, President Obama pushed back against the mounting menu of spending cuts while the tax column on the negotiating sheets remained blank. He asked the Republican leaders how they expected him to take their proposals seriously.

“I’m not going to do that,” Obama said. “I’m not going to take money from old people and screw students,”
Republicans are resisting not just tax increases but significant cuts in defense spending, the sources say.
Obama returned to this theme in the talks, saying everyone is being asked to sacrifice except rich people. The Republicans repeated their belief that any tax increase would damage the fragile economy.
In his quest to save the rich from making sacrifices whatsoever, Cantor is now scraping the bottom of the barrel.

The problem with Cantor's idea to have Students pay the interest right away instead of deferring to graduation is the fact that students won't be able to pay for it.

A.) There's no jobs for said students currently.

B.) If students had the money to pay off the interest on these loans, they wouldn't be borrowing money from the government in the first place.

C.) It's not as if the students are getting free money. They eventually have to pay back said interest and loan payments. And guess what? Unlike the majority other forms of debt, they can't discharge it by declaring for bankruptcy. I wonder if Cantor realizes what this will do to the economy, I doubt he even cares.

D.) This is only going to save $4 billion a year. They already cut the grants that Students receive. Meanwhile, Cantor won't even touch the defense budget among other things including closing tax loopholes.

I don't see how anyone can take Cantor seriously, he has shown that he doesn't actually care about cutting our deficit.

Edit:

Also, for all the "deficit hawks":

E.) It's a gimmicky accounting trick.

• a)Why wouldn't they be able to pay the interest, or a portion of it, right now?
  • b) If the government wasn't guaranteeing the loans they would have to pay interest and principal on any other college loan they could get, or actually work to pay for college. Personally, I think people that work their way through college learn more than those who don't have to worry about money anyway.
  • c) You can defer a student loan just about forever if you stay in college. I am also pretty sure that Obama was touting something about eliminating them if you did community service.
  • d) An actual point that I will give you upfront. If does make me wonder why you didn't call Obama on his corporate jet tax thingy since it would only raise $3 billion a year, but I guess expecting consistency from you is a bit much.
  • e) So is calling less spending on future budgets that have not been written cuts.

You wil not have liberty and freedom when the GOP has reached its goal of making the US into a full fledged plutocracy.
Thank God the Democrats aren't doing the exact same thi- oh wait they are. Under Obama, we have more wars, more corporate bailouts, more spending, and everything people criticized Bush for.

You wil not have liberty and freedom when the GOP has reached its goal of making the US into a full fledged plutocracy.
Thank God the Democrats aren't doing the exact same thi- oh wait they are. Under Obama, we have more wars, more corporate bailouts, more spending, and everything people criticized Bush for.

Sarcastic hyperbole isn't an argument and isn't clever. Democrats are generally unhappy with Obama's willingness to compromise with the radical right. When you have something substantive to offer please do, otherwise it might be wise to read and think before you post, lest we think you're one more tiresome troll.

Plutocracy eventually leads to revolution. It rarely, if ever, works out well for those with the money.

I agree. The irony being the radical right and the callous conservatives who continue to post Red Scare rhetoric are a likely catalyst for revolution. A popular theory of revoluton predicts the seeds of unrest are formed from the discrepancy between the poor and middleclass rising expectations and reality.

Forum List

Back