GOP: Proudly Xenophobic.

GOP: Proudly xenophobic - Salon.com

The xenophobia has already begun.

Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky) in a letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid today urged him to reconsider immigration legislation because of the bombings in Boston. “The facts emerging in the Boston Marathon bombing have exposed a weakness in our current system,” Paul writes. “If we don’t use this debate as an opportunity to fix flaws in our current system, flaws made even more evident last week, then we will not be doing our jobs.”

Senator Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), senior Republican senator on the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is responsible for an immigration reform bill, is using much the same language – suggesting that the investigation of two alleged Boston attackers will “help shed light on the weaknesses of our system.”

Can we just get a grip? Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is a naturalized American citizen. He came to the United States when he was nine years old. He attended the public schools of Cambridge, Massachusetts, not far from where I lived.

This plan to portray all immigrants as evildoers is going to backfire on the GOP big time. They're shooting themselves in the foot.

Is this no different from DNC efforts to paint all religious people as evildoers? Remember that vote to remove God from their platform? Lay low the hypocrisy.

Which God are you talking about? And I didn't know they "voted" to have him removed. Or are you just spewing lying bullshit? Come on. They "voted" to have him removed?

This plan to portray all immigrants as evildoers is going to backfire on the GOP big time. They're shooting themselves in the foot.

Is this no different from DNC efforts to paint all religious people as evildoers? Remember that vote to remove God from their platform? Lay low the hypocrisy.

Which God are you talking about? And I didn't know they "voted" to have him removed. Or are you just spewing lying bullshit? Come on. They "voted" to have him removed?

Uh no. Use that pea sized brain of yours. Actually do some research. You know exactly which God I am referring to.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t8BwqzzqcDs]DNC 2012: DNC Platform Changes on God, Jerusalem Spur Contentious Floor Vote - YouTube[/ame]

Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky) in a letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid today urged him to reconsider immigration legislation because of the bombings in Boston. “The facts emerging in the Boston Marathon bombing have exposed a weakness in our current system,” Paul writes. “If we don’t use this debate as an opportunity to fix flaws in our current system, flaws made even more evident last week, then we will not be doing our jobs.”

Senator Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), senior Republican senator on the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is responsible for an immigration reform bill, is using much the same language – suggesting that the investigation of two alleged Boston attackers will “help shed light on the weaknesses of our system.”

Can we just get a grip? Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is a naturalized American citizen. He came to the United States when he was nine years old. He attended the public schools of Cambridge, Massachusetts, not far from where I lived.

Typical.

They've never seen a bandwagon they didn't love.

wow Luddly kissing ass on another liberal poster....bring it bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahoy Hazelnut,

imma unclear what the link is between the Boston Marathon Bombin' and reformin' our immigration policy - not do i understand the point Mr. Paul and Mr. Grassley are makin'.

i don't think they're shootin' themselves in the foot, though, me friend.

Senator Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) says treating him as an enemy combatant is appropriate “with his radical Islamist ties and the fact that Chechens are all over the world fighting with Al Qaeda.”

Hold it. Tsarnaev was arrested on American soil for acts occurring in the United States. No known evidence links him to Al Qaeda. He is Muslim — so is Graham really saying Muslims are presumed guilty until proven otherwise?
http://www.salon.com/2013/04/23/gop_proudly_xenophobic/

i think folks who hew to the Republic party will enjoy this sorta rhetoric.

its a good idear, politically.

- MeadHallPirate

Last edited:

Hazel, you ignorant slut.

ILLEGAL aliens ARE "evildoers" AND CRIMINALS!

You see, in America, when you do something that's considered Against The Law?

YOU ARE A CRIMINAL,

and though I'm not sure of your definition of "evil doer,"
I AM sure that I think that criminals ARE "evildoers."

Hazel, you ignorant slut.

ILLEGAL aliens ARE "evildoers" AND CRIMINALS!

You see, in America, when you do something that's considered Against The Law?

YOU ARE A CRIMINAL,

and though I'm not sure of your definition of "evil doer,"
I AM sure that I think that criminals ARE "evildoers."

If a criminal is a commie he could kill, rape, steal...and hazl would love him.....

Their point is simply that we stand against their globalism and destruction of our culture. We're evil because we don't just accept it.

Fuck mexico.
Fuck central America

I want our borders sealed shut.

ahoy Matthew,

but matey, what of the various industries and state economies that rely heavily on illegal immigrants? the cheap labor they provide be "pro-business", at least from the ownership's (aka - the "job creators") point 'o view.

consider Texas, me hearty;

A fast-growing population was key to Texas’ record job growth, fueling a demand for construction and services while the rest of the country languished. How much did illegal immigration contribute to the state's growth?

Relying significantly on lower-wage jobs to fuel growth, Texas has drawn from a large, relatively cheap labor pool that’s included large numbers of legal and illegal immigrants. Illegal immigrants have taken jobs in many of the industries central to Texas’ economic boom, such as home construction, agriculture and the service industry.

Illegal and legal immigrants make up about 20 percent of the state’s total workforce, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. And the Pew Hispanic Center estimates that 8 percent of Texas’ total workforce was made up of illegal immigrants as of 2008.
How much did illegal immigrants contribute to Texas? economic boom? - The Washington Post

- MeadHallPirate

Last edited:
I would imagine that if said "commie" mugged, molested and murdered HER, she might not be as kindly disposed towards them.

Not to speak of the fact that,
dead,
she wouldn't exactly be able to voice ANY opinion.

ahoy Matthew,

but matey, what of the various industries and state economies that rely heavily on illegal immigrants? the cheap labor they provide be "pro-business", at least from the ownership's (aka - the "job creators") point 'o view.

consider Texas, matey;

blah, blah, blah

- MeadHallPirate

Those business owners are scum-sucking bottom feeders ~
for "cheap" labor, we give Green Cards,
and ethical businesses can, and DO, hire, LEGALLY.

Of course, folks like to avoid those pesky High Prices,
and so they keep the scum-suckers WELL fed,
but we can't have to worry about THAT, eh?

Forum List

Back