I'm a Republican, and here's my opinion on immigration

• I'm FOR LEGAL immigration, but AGAINST ILLEGAL immigration

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • I'm AGAINST ALL immigration, at least right now

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I'm FOR both LEGAL AND ILLEGAL immigration

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Another question about the current massive outrage. After reading yet another thread that made absolutely no effort to differentiate legal immigration from illegal immigration, let's see what Republicans here actually think.
Please answer and elaborate, thanks.

Let's get one thing straight: Anyone with a brain is against ILLEGAL immigration, otherwise, what is the point in having laws? Any twit who says they are for ALL immigration (read: "illegal immigration" is just a euphemism for INVASION by INVADERS), is basically saying: "I'm for a country with no borders." And to those thinking that as they read this, then you are saying that you are for a country which is no country, for you can't have a country which is not defined by borders. And borders are meaningless if they are wide open.

So by such a person's way of thinking, America is a parking lot and it is up to whomever comes here that wants to park TO DEFINE US. If that's your gig, open borders, then realize then you also then can't be against Russia or anyone else influencing our elections either! For that is merely another way of our being defined by outside forces.

So a person MUST be for legal immigration, but realize, legal immigration isn't a one-way street. When a person applies, we still get to decide based on their origin, background, health, education and skills whether they are an ASSET or a liability, and why would we ever want to turn away an asset? Assets make you STRONGER. Liabilities give us what we have been getting for years: pig shit poverty refuse and scum bringing poverty, illiteracy, drugs and crime. America cannot be the salvation for a world filled with poverty; if you want opportunity here, prove to us you are not the refuse of other countries failures first.
Currently one-third of the responses say that they don't want either kind of immigration, legal or illegal.

So it would be interesting to see a conversation between you and one of them.

No need for any conversation. People against ALL immigration simply haven't thought it through to realize that we are constantly losing people to death, old age, accidents, moving, etc., and they need replaced. We can replace most by new births here, but that doesn't negate the willingness to LOOK at immigration CANDIDATES. If they are an asset, WE get to make the decision if we are better off with them than not. Keep in mind, at least that way you get to PICK AND CHOOSE who your people are, with new births here, we have no say---- when a new baby is born here, we have no way of knowing if that person will grow up to be a leader, an entrepreneur, a success, a genius, or a welfare queen, a criminal, a murder. With immigrants, we at least have some selection possibilities, so to be against ALL immigration as a blind, blanket policy is rather short-sighted.

And if Trump gets all the illegal criminals, gang members and riffraff out of this country (which I suspect is in the millions), that will go a long way to open things up for new, better people. We just don't want the charity cases (for the most part) of the failures and neglect of the rest of the world.

Anyone against both?
I think there are times when we shouldnt let people in.
Generally, i am only against illegal immigration.

I tend to agree and I'm and Independent. . We have more than enough people in this country right now and I think we should start vetting any who want to come here.

They need to have skills that the country needs. They need to be able to work with those skills.

No more welfare assholes should be let in.

SO YOU WANT TO PICK LETTUCE AND ORANGES ?

how about clean hotel rooms, pour concrete, carry bricks up ladders, --- the shit white workers wont do - those skills ?

The automated lettuce harvester you dimwit. Libs and their deflections :auiqs.jpg:

376d6b3e09f92fcb76f6ae154e7753f3.jpg

WITH MEXICANS WEARING PINK, GRAY AND WHITE T SHIRTS SITTING INSIDE.

automation republican style ..

cant delete that crap ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I Can
it was a pic of 15 mexicans running an automated lettuce picking machine ...

THANKS.

Last edited:
As a white male my first real job was picking cabbage in the hot sun on a farm. Today I'm in the top 3% of income earners, why? Because my first job was picking cabbage on a farm in the hot sun HELLO.

Anyone against both?

I tend to agree and I'm and Independent. . We have more than enough people in this country right now and I think we should start vetting any who want to come here.

They need to have skills that the country needs. They need to be able to work with those skills.

how about clean hotel rooms, pour concrete, carry bricks up ladders, --- the shit white workers wont do - those skills ?
The alt right women who are uneducated can join cleaning companies, sure, and work in chicken factories.

As a white male my first real job was picking cabbage in the hot sun on a farm. Today I'm in the top 3% of income earners, why? Because my first job was picking cabbage on a farm in the hot sun HELLO.

cant have metskins in the top 3 can we.

Another question about the current massive outrage. After reading yet another thread that made absolutely no effort to differentiate legal immigration from illegal immigration, let's see what Republicans here actually think.
Please answer and elaborate, thanks.

Let's get one thing straight: Anyone with a brain is against ILLEGAL immigration, otherwise, what is the point in having laws? Any twit who says they are for ALL immigration (read: "illegal immigration" is just a euphemism for INVASION by INVADERS), is basically saying: "I'm for a country with no borders." And to those thinking that as they read this, then you are saying that you are for a country which is no country, for you can't have a country which is not defined by borders. And borders are meaningless if they are wide open.

So by such a person's way of thinking, America is a parking lot and it is up to whomever comes here that wants to park TO DEFINE US. If that's your gig, open borders, then realize then you also then can't be against Russia or anyone else influencing our elections either! For that is merely another way of our being defined by outside forces.

So a person MUST be for legal immigration, but realize, legal immigration isn't a one-way street. When a person applies, we still get to decide based on their origin, background, health, education and skills whether they are an ASSET or a liability, and why would we ever want to turn away an asset? Assets make you STRONGER. Liabilities give us what we have been getting for years: pig shit poverty refuse and scum bringing poverty, illiteracy, drugs and crime. America cannot be the salvation for a world filled with poverty; if you want opportunity here, prove to us you are not the refuse of other countries failures first.
Currently one-third of the responses say that they don't want either kind of immigration, legal or illegal.

So it would be interesting to see a conversation between you and one of them.

No need for any conversation. People against ALL immigration simply haven't thought it through to realize that we are constantly losing people to death, old age, accidents, moving, etc., and they need replaced. We can replace most by new births here, but that doesn't negate the willingness to LOOK at immigration CANDIDATES. If they are an asset, WE get to make the decision if we are better off with them than not. Keep in mind, at least that way you get to PICK AND CHOOSE who your people are, with new births here, we have no say---- when a new baby is born here, we have no way of knowing if that person will grow up to be a leader, an entrepreneur, a success, a genius, or a welfare queen, a criminal, a murder. With immigrants, we at least have some selection possibilities, so to be against ALL immigration as a blind, blanket policy is rather short-sighted.

And if Trump gets all the illegal criminals, gang members and riffraff out of this country (which I suspect is in the millions), that will go a long way to open things up for new, better people. We just don't want the charity cases (for the most part) of the failures and neglect of the rest of the world.

You replace the population, you replace the country.

Unfortunately, each day American demographic is looking more and more like that of South Africa. And what do they have in the menu? Genocide...

Taking immigrants because we can't have enough children is like going into debt. Once the debt overwhelms the productivity of the country, a bankruptcy takes place.

Politicians of course are attracted to all kinds of debt, as the usual voters are unfortunately not much more intelligent than these immigrants we take in. Voting short term interest over long term gains. That is why we are in this mess.

The problem is more than just immigration, it's that these immigrants reproduce at far greater pace than we do and in fact, at our expense.

Anyone against both?

They will work if they want to eat.

I'm unsure how my view fits into one of the 3 categories. I believe those brought to this country illegally as children should have a pathway to citizenship under very strict guidelines. Should my vote be registered as the 1st or 3rd selection of the list?

Taking immigrants because we can't have enough children is like going into debt.

WRONG. Pure garbage. No one said anything about not being able to have enough children, in just the next sentence you accuse some of having too many! Taking in good, solid people who want to immigrate here is not a "debt." You can't increase debt by taking on more assets. And people of skill, work and responsibility don't have too many children, they can't afford them! It's only the welfare queens sitting around doing nothing but collecting benefits having the big families, the exact people we want to avoid.

END illegal immigration and reform legal immigration so that we only mostly take on those who bring valuable assets of skills, education and promise with them.

Taking immigrants because we can't have enough children is like going into debt.

WRONG. Pure garbage. No one said anything about not being able to have enough children, in just the next sentence you accuse some of having too many! Taking in good, solid people who want to immigrate here is not a "debt." You can't increase debt by taking on more assets. And people of skill, work and responsibility don't have too many children, they can't afford them! It's only the welfare queens sitting around doing nothing but collecting benefits having the big families, the exact people we want to avoid.

END illegal immigration and reform legal immigration so that we only mostly take on those who bring valuable assets of skills, education and promise with them.

You YOURSELF stated that we take them in because we aren't having babies and need to replace people, which is correct (well at least the last part). Note that the immigrants are having plenty of babies.

It is debt, because said people do not have American interest at mind. They vote 90% democrat and there is a reason for that. Once they become the majority the country is finished, and becomes a shithole. Just like all their own countries are shitholes. This is the easiest prediction ever.

Yes,maybe if we picked the "most qualified" and fixed our birth rate you would be correct. That's not the case. And of course, there is one party doing everything it can to not make this a reality.

Last edited:
I'm a hard core Republican (vote 99% GOP, party official, large club officer).

I'd like to see a number of changes to immigration.
- Hammer the shit out of anybody who "aids and abets" illegals (very heavy fines for employers, landlords, people engaging in significant transactions
- Require a real national ID card with biometrics required for significant transactions (e.g. employment, material contracts, rent)
- Admit many MORE very highly qualified immigrants (make $125K per year as STEM employee, invest millions, score in the top tenth of a percent on college admissions exam, play pro sports or make a world-renown contribution to the arts would be typical qualifying traits). I want to aggressively recruit this kind of person. (I knew two Cal Tech PhD grads who couldn't get green cards. Crazy.)
- Set up a guest worker program (families not admitted). People with violations deported. We may need some peach pickers temporarily but we don't need their kids and we don't want them permanently.) Guest workers must be sponsored and sponsor must provide a bond and pay for public services (e.g. use of health care, jails, whatever). I'm perfectly happy if this means we import peaches or the price of lawn care goes up. I'd rather pay more for lawn care and less for educating immigrant kids.
- Set up a relation with various Third World countries to accept refugees (e.g. pay Burkina Faso or Bangladesh a fee to accept an immigrant). Deport illegals to home country or to the country of their choice on our Third World list. (So if it's too dangerous to go back to El Salvador or Iran they can go to Bangladesh, and we'll pay for transportation)
- Every criteria for admission would be for either character or economic value. No criteria for race, religion or national origin. No preference would be given to somebody to waive the economic value tests (e.g. admit mother or cousin of current citizen or resident).

My model is the immigrants I knew as a child. They were German rocket scientists working at NASA.

Last edited:

cant have metskins in the top 3 can we.

You are too ignorant to understand so I'll spell it out for you. I don't want to hear any bitching and complaining from welfare moochers that they are above working on a farm picking produce.

Anyone against both?

no, they will whine till the government feeds them

Sure you are. :) But maybe it is true, and if so, good on you.

You YOURSELF stated that . . . ., which is correct.

Thanks for telling me I'm right.

Note that the immigrants are having plenty of babies.

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT! Only the people you think of as immigrants are.

It is debt, because said people do not have American interest at mind.

Again, YOU CANNOT KNOW THAT! You mean all of the Italian, Irish, German, French, English, Polish immigrants of the past, none of them had America's interests in mind? My grandparents were some of those people! The first thing they did upon coming here is START A BUSINESS because there was no welfare in those days.

They vote 90% democrat and there is a reason for that. Once they become the majority the country is finished, and becomes a shithole. Just like all their own countries are shitholes. This is the easiest prediction ever.

You got your head stuck in the idea of these poor Mexicans as being immigrants. My idea of a good immigrant is the doctor and surgeon at the local hospital whom is a world-class expert in his field! You can't seem to grasp the idea of taking in immigrants who are good, strong, capable people who'd be an asset to the country!

You YOURSELF stated that . . . ., which is correct.

Thanks for telling me I'm right.

Note that the immigrants are having plenty of babies.

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT! Only the people you think of as immigrants are.

It is debt, because said people do not have American interest at mind.

Again, YOU CANNOT KNOW THAT! You mean all of the Italian, Irish, German, French, English, Polish immigrants of the past, none of them had America's interests in mind? My grandparents were some of those people! The first thing they did upon coming here is START A BUSINESS because there was no welfare in those days.

They vote 90% democrat and there is a reason for that. Once they become the majority the country is finished, and becomes a shithole. Just like all their own countries are shitholes. This is the easiest prediction ever.

You got your head stuck in the idea of these poor Mexicans as being immigrants. My idea of a good immigrant is the doctor and surgeon at the local hospital whom is a world-class expert in his field! You can't seem to grasp the idea of taking in immigrants who are good, strong, capable people who'd be an asset to the country!

Your idea of immigrant is not the immigrant that's actually coming over.

The statistics are readily available. Instead of making things up how about looking at them?

FRS-2018-T1.png

And guess which is the #1 country where the immigrants come from? MEXICO. Plenty of doctors for sure, and no welfare mooch voters for democrat party at all. These guys will readily vote your rights away and turn America into South African style genocidal state, and a shithole at that.

Anyone against both?
I was close to picking both but not because I don’t want any immigration I just think we do it wrong. Coming to the US needs to be a job application. If someone needs a programmer they don’t hire 100 people hoping one is in the pile. You go find that one person you need. Immigration should be like that. Post up your skills and maybe we will call you.

Forum List

Back