GOP: Millions For The Wealthy But We Can't Afford To Award $250 Social Security COLA

Did $1T in stimulus help the economy?

Yes, it sure did. Even Repubicans admit that.

But what did the 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut, with more than 52% going to the top 1% do? Well, for one, it helped to pay for moving 2.4 million jobs to China. I guess that was part of the plan, but I'm not sure.

It all went to public employee unions.

Unemployment was steady, and half of what it is now before Democrats controlled Congress.

Jobs got created as fast as they were lost.

PUBLIC EMPLOYEE UNIONS???!!! HUH???!!! :confused:

Then put YOUR MONEY where your mouth is, get out YOUR CHECKBOOK and write EVERY SENIOR A CHECK. I'm sure YOU'LL get some nice thank you notes.

I will as soon as you cut a check for the more than $40,000 YOU owe for your share of the National Debt.

Sorry dear, I DIDN'T RUN UP THE NATIONAL DEPT.
so your statement is meaningless. but nice try.:lol:

Sorry dear, but you can't simply "opt out" on money that was borrowed and spent by the people we elected to office.

You get an "A" for effort though. :clap2:

Face it....YOU OWE IT. :eek:

As long as the GOP keeps this up the Dems will have no problems in 2012.

"House and Senate Republicans on Wednesday thwarted Democratic efforts to award $250 checks to Social Security recipients facing a second consecutive year without a cost-of-living increase."

GOP blocks legislation to award seniors $250 - Yahoo! News

They didn't get a COLA because there was no cost of living increase. Explain why Congress should bypass an already bad system and make it worse by handing out (other people's) money when the law doesnt mandate it.

Last edited:
I will as soon as you cut a check for the more than $40,000 YOU owe for your share of the National Debt.

Sorry dear, I DIDN'T RUN UP THE NATIONAL DEPT.
so your statement is meaningless. but nice try.:lol:

Sorry dear, but you can't simply "opt out" on money that was borrowed and spent by the people we elected to office.

You get an "A" for effort though. :clap2:

Face it....YOU OWE IT. :eek:

:lol:

SS recipients should have an immediate means test for increases.
The largest transfer of wealth over the last 40 years has been from the middle class to the government to the senior citizens.
WAKE THE FUCK UP.
In 20 years 100% of the budget will be Medicare, Social Security and the interest on the debt.
NOW, 40% of the entire fucking budget IS BORROWED.
I am 56 years. Fuck all of us dubasses that never spoke up. Immediate cuts in social security for the wealthy and a means test for Medicare.
Wait until age 70 to draw is my theme. WE fucked it up and only US can change it.
Otherwise our kids will live in a third world country.
All that ignore this are selfish greedy human beings.

"House and Senate Republicans on Wednesday thwarted Democratic efforts to award $250 checks to Social Security recipients facing a second consecutive year without a cost-of-living increase."

They didn't get a COLA because there was no cost of living increase. Explain why Congress should bypass an already bad system and make it worse by handing out (other people's) money when the law doesnt mandate it.

It's in the article link. Besides, why did Bush continue to embrace Trickle Down when it was already proven to be a dismal failure?

At least with Trickle Up every dollar sent to Seniors will be put right back in the economy buying food and other items they need to merely survive.

It's in the article link. Besides, why did Bush continue to embrace Trickle Down when it was already proven to be a dismal failure?

At least with Trickle Up every dollar sent to Seniors will be put right back in the economy buying food and other items they need to merely survive.

Eighty cents a day is the margin for survival?

and every penny of that will go to your alleged "rich"
since it will be used to pay for medical expenses and buy things that the "rich" sell

SS recipients should have an immediate means test for increases.
The largest transfer of wealth over the last 40 years has been from the middle class to the government to the senior citizens.
WAKE THE FUCK UP.
In 20 years 100% of the budget will be Medicare, Social Security and the interest on the debt.
NOW, 40% of the entire fucking budget IS BORROWED.
I am 56 years. Fuck all of us dubasses that never spoke up. Immediate cuts in social security for the wealthy and a means test for Medicare.
Wait until age 70 to draw is my theme. WE fucked it up and only US can change it.
Otherwise our kids will live in a third world country.
All that ignore this are selfish greedy human beings.

I do agree with much of what you wrote. I have no problem curtailing or even eliminating SS for those who do not need it. I also support eliminating the earnings ceiling for paying in.

SS is a safety net. It has lifted millions out of poverty and enabled Seniors to live in dignity. But seeing millionaires collecting is nothing more than bastardizing the system.

And the right also refuses to acknowledge the debt we all owe. They all want to say IT'S MY MONEY!! But they should also say that it's their DEBT as well.

But no matter if we increase SS or give massive tax cuts to the rich it still ends up costing ALL of us more money and piles on more debt.

Given the choice I will gladly help out Seniors that NEED it rather than the wealthy that don't.

Then put YOUR MONEY where your mouth is, get out YOUR CHECKBOOK and write EVERY SENIOR A CHECK. I'm sure YOU'LL get some nice thank you notes.

Why on earth would someone want to do that? The government would just take that $40,000 and spend $60,000 of it on pork.

We need to worry more about cutting spending than the revenue portion of the equation. Unfortunately, no one on either side of the aisle is willing to talk about cutting spending... not one red cent of it.

Immie

The article says just what I wrote: They don't get a raise because there was no change in COLA.
On your theory we should just award everyone in America $1M and watch the economy skyrocket.
Where do they teach this shit??

Is 80 cents a day worth $14B more in debt?

14 billion? What % is that compared to the 700 billion Republicans want to GIVE to the top 1%? Hmmm.

Wtf is this shit...

"This shit" is also known as RDean, one of the most clueless posters on this board. Criticize anything the Dems or Obama does and the response is "BUSH". His constant theme is that the GOP is the party of big money interests and screwing over the poor. It doesn't matter the phallacy of ths has been demonstrated time and again to RDickhead, he continues to spew it like a religious catechism.
Welcome to the board.

That's nothing! It is the Pinochetist's agenda to get rid of SS altogether :p

In 1930, 85% of folks over age 60 that lived without a younger relative lived in dire poverty.
In 2000 85% of poverty wears a diaper.
Seniors vote and folks that wear diapers do not.
AARP is the most dangerous street gang in America.

Forum List

Back