GOP left Obama no choice but to act on immigration

The President does not have the authority to bypass Congress simply because Congress won't give him what he wants. This notion that he does is total delusion on the part of his supporters and he will get slapped down by the Supreme Court ONCE AGAIN if he keeps ignoring the Constitution.

You're witnessing a complete breakdown of our system because this President has so polarized the process that it doesn't work anymore. The President of the United States isn't just the leader of HIS party...he's the leader of the country...a fact that Barack Obama seems to have totally forgotten the moment he stepped inside of the Oval Office. It's his JOB to build political coalitions to move the country forward...a job that Obama has been incredibly bad at. He came into office telling the GOP that "elections have consequences...I won!" and ramming through ObamaCare despite widespread public resistance. Then when the public sent him a loud and clear message that they were unhappy with the direction that he, Pelosi and Reid were taking the country, his message to the GOP was that "elections DON'T have consequences...I'm going to use Executive Orders to get what I want." Then he flies around the country complaining from podium after podium that the Republicans won't work with him? Are you serious?

As leader of the Executive Branch, Obama is empowered to execute the laws of the land. Executive orders have been used by every President since Washington. If Boehner is not happy, he can pass legislation to that effect

In the absence of a functioning Congress, the President is within his rights to execute laws as he sees fit. If Boehner wants to call in the Supreme Court ....let him

In the mean time....keep those Executive Orders coming

As long as obummer doesn't negotiate with congress he will ink his EO's.
Negotiating is something good presidents learn to do...aka Clinton, Reagan, etc.

Obama is waiting pen in hand waiting for Congress to send its immigration reform bill

This Executive Order is only temporary

As leader of the Executive Branch, Obama is empowered to execute the laws of the land. Executive orders have been used by every President since Washington. If Boehner is not happy, he can pass legislation to that effect

In the absence of a functioning Congress, the President is within his rights to execute laws as he sees fit. If Boehner wants to call in the Supreme Court ....let him

Negotiating is something good presidents learn to do...aka Clinton, Reagan, etc.

Obama is waiting pen in hand waiting for Congress to send its immigration reform bill

If he would agree to secure the border he might get his bill passed.

Opinion: GOP left Obama no choice on immigration - CNN.com

This week, the country witnessed one of the most irresponsible acts that we have seen from this Republican Congress, since they deliberately shut down the government less than a year ago. Republican House Speaker John Boehner informed President Barack Obama that he would not bring a vote on immigration reform to the floor this year.

Whatever excuse Speaker Boehner has for abdicating his responsibility as a national leader, it is not good enough, and he has now given the President ample excuse to act on his own. Which he is now doing. Maria Cardona Maria Cardona

Since Republicans in Congress refuse to do their job and allow a vote on comprehensive immigration reform this year, Obama, on behalf of the American people, is acting on his own to address this important issue -- for the well-being of our country, our economy and the immigrant community that has contributed so much to our economic growth and prosperity and is suffering greatly from a badly broken system.

Just because the Rs refuse to do their job, it does not follow that the president should as well. If the Rs don't like the president's actions, they have a funny way of showing it.

Really, there's just no excuse for their all out attack on the US govt.
The Constitution left Obama no choice but to mind his place.

The president's late whore of a mother could have saved this country a great deal of grief by not laying down with dogs, or at least being the proper feminist and aborting the half breed fifty-some years ago.

It is aready in the approved Senate Bill

Obama is waiting on the House to take action. As soon as they do, his Executive Order is overridden

Doesn't that make you happy?

This week, the country witnessed one of the most irresponsible acts that we have seen from this Republican Congress, since they deliberately shut down the government less than a year ago. Republican House Speaker John Boehner informed President Barack Obama that he would not bring a vote on immigration reform to the floor this year.

Whatever excuse Speaker Boehner has for abdicating his responsibility as a national leader, it is not good enough, and he has now given the President ample excuse to act on his own. Which he is now doing. Maria Cardona Maria Cardona

Since Republicans in Congress refuse to do their job and allow a vote on comprehensive immigration reform this year, Obama, on behalf of the American people, is acting on his own to address this important issue -- for the well-being of our country, our economy and the immigrant community that has contributed so much to our economic growth and prosperity and is suffering greatly from a badly broken system.

Just because the Rs refuse to do their job, it does not follow that the president should as well. If the Rs don't like the president's actions, they have a funny way of showing it.

The Constitution left Obama no choice but to mind his place.

The president's late whore of a mother could have saved this country a great deal of grief by not laying down with dogs, or at least being the proper feminist and aborting the half breed fifty-some years ago.

God I love Republicans

You make it so easy

Obama is waiting on the House to take action. As soon as they do, his Executive Order is overridden

Nope, Obama and the liberals lie, they wont secure the border and they will give amnesty. Secure the border first, then we can talk about the rest.

Republicans in Congress are using all their available power to obstruct legislation
Obama is using all of his available power to bypass Republican obstruction

Looks like a power struggle to me

The President does not have Constitutional authority to "bypass" Congress and write laws himself. He takes an oath to support the Constitution...this President has broken that oath.

He is not bypassing Congress

As soon as Boehner passes his immigration bill it will supercede any Obama Executive order

Boehner should have something in like five to ten years

So now you're claiming that the President has the authority to order anything he likes and then it's the job of Congress to pass legislation to change that? That SO isn't how our system of government works! If it WAS...what would keep a President from simply declaring an Executive Order countermanding what Congress passed? And if Congress responded to THAT EO, what would keep a President from yet another EO...and another EO? With a stroke of his pen, a President would have the power to negate months of legislative work done by the people's representatives in the House and Senate.

Nope, Obama and the liberals lie, they wont secure the border and they will give amnesty. Secure the border first, then we can talk about the rest.

Sadly, I'm not so sure the republicans want the borders secured either.

But, I do agree with you on securing the border first.

Oh bullshit. There are more people coming over the border than ever before. They are counting as "deported" those who they catch AT the border. How unsurprising that a government worker turns a blind eye to unethical reporting.

You're a disgrace to the oath you swore.

Post the evidence. If I'm wrong I'll offer my Mea Culpa. The evidence supporting your opinion is missing, as it is from every post by other Obama haters.

Oh bullshit. There are more people coming over the border than ever before. They are counting as "deported" those who they catch AT the border. How unsurprising that a government worker turns a blind eye to unethical reporting.

You're a disgrace to the oath you swore.

Post the evidence. If I'm wrong I'll offer my Mea Culpa. The evidence supporting your opinion is missing, as it is from every post by other Obama haters.
It looks like you're harping on me LOL.

It Depends on What the Meaning of ?Deportations' Is | National Review Online

Let's play President Obumbler:

Change the daffynition of whatever thing it is you want to compare, then compare the old numbers (under one definition) against the new numbers (under the revised daffynition).

There are plenty of gullible dufus libs willing to "buy" such crap. Says ALL the laughable lolberals, "Gee, that Obama! Ain't he dreamy!?"

So, the proper policy in your opinion is for the Obama Administration to concentrate on those who are already here. Then, arrest those, house them, give them due process, a formal hearing where they are represented by a court appointed attorney (at our cost) and then pay for their transportation back home. Yet you claim to be fiscally responsible.

These same people, once deported will again attempt to enter the US; yet when Border Control stops them and sends them back across the border you make a semantic argument that they have not been deported, and you finally default to childish rant.

Last edited:
GOP left Obama no choice but to act on immigration

What conservatives don't realize is that by refusing to cooperate on legislation, and negotiating, just saying no allows Obama to use an executive order that results in a MUCH more Liberal-leaning outcome than if the Republicans had worked out a compromise.

So Republicans are helping to get more Liberal laws on the books!

What Synthia cannot fathom is that the illegal Obumbler EO's will never have the force of law.

And when Congress refuses to act on some requested bit of legislation, that IS a decision that they are making. And they -- not dumbass Obumbler -- are the ones entitled to MAKE such decisions.

I would bet you that they end up being legal, but......welsher.

So let me see if I understand how this works in "Winger Land"...

The President can declare that the Congress is "non-functional" simply because they won't do what he wants them to do...and that gives him the Constitutional authority to "execute laws as he sees fit"? And you REALLY believe that's the way our Founding Fathers crafted our government structure?

Republicans in Congress are using all their available power to obstruct legislation

It is complete and utter left wing whacko bullshit that Congress is the obstructionist when even the NYT has noted that Harry Reid is the problem. He's working only for the President to the dismay of many Democrat members of the Senate who are becoming very vocal about it.

We're way past "might". The Republicans have shown themselves to not keep their word about working with the president.

Let them make public guarantees.

We're way past "might". The Republicans have shown themselves to not keep their word about working with the president.

Let them make public guarantees.

Remind me again who it was that started off "working with" the Republicans by lecturing them about elections having consequences...then told them to go wait in the hall while Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid had a field day writing ObamaCare and the Obama Stimulus...then after the 2010 mid-terms decided that elections DON'T have consequences and that he would accuse the GOP of being "obstructionists" even as Harry Reid stacked up GOP House bills on his desk refusing to bring them to the floor for discussion.

Wasn't that Barack H. Obama?

So let me see if I understand how this works in "Winger Land"...

The President can declare that the Congress is "non-functional" simply because they won't do what he wants them to do...and that gives him the Constitutional authority to "execute laws as he sees fit"? And you REALLY believe that's the way our Founding Fathers crafted our government structure?

It is complete and utter left wing whacko bullshit that Congress is the obstructionist when even the NYT has noted that Harry Reid is the problem. He's working only for the President to the dismay of many Democrat members of the Senate who are becoming very vocal about it.

Really?

What has Harry Reid done that is obstructionist?

ObamaHitler.jpg

Forum List

Back