GOP Healthcare Blunder

And while I hate framing legislation as a "win" for one side and a "loss" for the other - good legislation is a win-win, bad legislation is a lose-lose - it was the overconfident GOP (sound familiar) who presented this as Obama's waterloo. If it passes, much egg to be cleaned from many faces.

The Republicans eschewed a halfway compromise and put all their chips on an all or nothing campaign to defeat health care and Obama's presidency. It was an audacious gamble. They lost. In the end, they'll walk away with nothing. The Republicans may gain some more seats in 2010 by their total obstruction, but the substantive policy defeat they've been dealt will last for decades.

More GOP bite off your nose to spite your face. The tactics of the "Party of NO" are blowing up in their face. Once again, the GOP is on the wrong side of history

As everyone knows, I'm not a GOPer, but I've often wondered what is wrong with being labeled the "Party of NO." I want a politician to consistently vote 'No' to big government programs. It's the ones who vote 'Yes' that are the problem.

You got that right. The only time the American people are safe from being savaged by Congress these days is when it is in recess. I hope and pray that we will elect or return enough people to Congress who have the courage to make "NO" stick re the destructive path Obama and the Democrats have us on now.

Staggering...yeah, the bill has a staggering cost, the damage it will cause to the US Health Care System is staggering and come November 2010, the number of Democrats who get throw out of office be also be staggering.

Have fun with your Staggering new bill.

Lemme see here...

1. The Dim senators don't know the details of the bill they voted on.

2. The Dim senators have no idea how whatever they approved will be paid for.

3. Knowing 1 and 2, the Dim senators hope what they've done will change medical care for the better with no negative impact to America's economy.

And now we get lefty morons accusing Republicans of missing a great opportunity. Well I guess that's better than dwelling on what the consequences of their actions will be.

And while I hate framing legislation as a "win" for one side and a "loss" for the other - good legislation is a win-win, bad legislation is a lose-lose - it was the overconfident GOP (sound familiar) who presented this as Obama's waterloo. If it passes, much egg to be cleaned from many faces.
Quit lying out your ass. You're a dem Kool-Aid banger and Boyking ass spelunker, and we all know it.

Why did the GOP vote NO??

1. Private Option? Gone

2. Coverage of Abortion? Never was in there

3. Death Panels? Sarah Palin Hysteria

4. Coverage of Illegal American? Never was in there

5. Costs too much? CBO says it saves money

So GOP...why did you vote to deny Americans healthcare reform?

A big government program that saves money? Just how much Kool Aid do you have to drink to believe that?

You would have to drink gallons to believe that another big government entitlement program will be effective, efficient, and/or sustainable while no other big government entitlement programs have been effective, efficient, and/or sustainable. They've already run us out of money, put the USA credit rating in jeopardy, and mortgaged the future of our children and grandchildren as far as anybody can see, and they think we're stupid enough and gullible enough to believe this will make things better for us AND save money!

Wake up America. It isn't too late to turn this around. But we're going to have to stop being ignorant and totally stupid.

The GOP had an opportunity to participate substantially in what may be the most important piece of legislation in the last 40 years.

Instead, they used the opportunity to make this "Obama's Waterloo". A chance to turn this legislation into a political sword to use against Obama in 2012.

They have undoubtedly earned the loyalty of the teabaggers at the cost of once againg aligning themselves on the wrong side of history

Why did the GOP vote NO??

1. Private Option? Gone

2. Coverage of Abortion? Never was in there

3. Death Panels? Sarah Palin Hysteria

4. Coverage of Illegal American? Never was in there

5. Costs too much? CBO says it saves money

So GOP...why did you vote to deny Americans healthcare reform?

A big government program that saves money? Just how much Kool Aid do you have to drink to believe that?

Drinking it diluted no longer works, they have to snort it right out of the can

The GOP had an opportunity to participate substantially in what may be the most important piece of legislation in the last 40 years.

Instead, they used the opportunity to make this "Obama's Waterloo". A chance to turn this legislation into a political sword to use against Obama in 2012.

They have undoubtedly earned the loyalty of the teabaggers at the cost of once againg aligning themselves on the wrong side of history
Must.....shoot.....up....more....Kool-Aid!

clark3.jpg

I guess that answers PART of my question - at least SOME GOPers are going to continue to play make-believe. Like make believe we don't know what's in the bill. Like make believe there is no funding mechanisms included ...

Ya know - I have some REAL concerns about the proposed funding mechanisms because I KNOW where at least some of it is coming from (me - I have a "cadillac" plan). So, if you want to show how little you actually know about the issue as you comment on the issue, keep it up. But don't blame me that you guys are bleeding membership to the sub-30% range.

What makes you think they did not try?

Only the ones that the democrats are successful with "bribing"(more like horse trading in my book) are reported--not the ones that they fail to tempt.

The Dems only need 60, so they purchase the cheapest votes, not the more audacious ones!!

is english your second language?

Come again?

i'm not even breathing heavily

"Parts" is not a complete bill.

Thanks for your concession that there is in fact no bill.

I guess this is more a question of syntax.

When you say the "final Bill", are you asking what is the final Health care package is?

Or are you making reference to each individual bill that makes up the final Health Care package?

If it is the fomer, no one knows what that is until after all the bills have been voted on.

If you are referring to the latter, then yes, each individual bill is pretty much decided, except in the cases where new bills are introduced and that were not considered as of present. The new bills, unless they are a compromise and agreed upon before hand, are most likely to be voted down.

Last edited:
I guess that answers PART of my question - at least SOME GOPers are going to continue to play make-believe. Like make believe we don't know what's in the bill. Like make believe there is no funding mechanisms included ...

Ya know - I have some REAL concerns about the proposed funding mechanisms because I KNOW where at least some of it is coming from (me - I have a "cadillac" plan). So, if you want to show how little you actually know about the issue as you comment on the issue, keep it up. But don't blame me that you guys are bleeding membership to the sub-30% range.
Then post a link to the complete bill, asshelmet.

Oh yeah....There ain't one.

"Parts" is not a complete bill.

Thanks for your concession that there is in fact no bill.

I guess this is more a question of syntax.

When you say the "final Bill", are you asking what is the final Health care package is?

Or are you making reference to each individual bill that makes up the final Health Care package?

If it is the fomer, no one knows what that is until after all the bills have been voted on.

If you are referring to the latter, then yes, each individual bill is pretty much decided, except in the cases where new bills are introduced and not considered. The new bills, unless they are a compromise and agreed upon before hand, are most likely to be voted down.
I guess this is a matter of spin and bullshit.

There is in fact no bill.

A sure sign of what is wrong in Washington. For far too many, it isn't about good government. It's just about trying to give "the other guys" a black eye in an effort to enhance your own political future.

When all you're trying to do is give the other guy a black eye - don't look for sympathy when you wind up with egg on your face.

btw - if you don't know what's in the proposal, what is left to be negotiated/resolved in conference, and what funding mechanisms have been included - you just haven't been paying attention. Don't expect those who have been keeping up to wait for you to catch up.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back