GOP: Defund Planned Parenthood even if it didn’t break the law

K... You realize Reps have been split since 2007ish. It's all democrats talked about, and even today they talk about it.

Jut for fun...

Every single House Republican.......voted against the Obama administration’s nuclear deal with Iran — with one exception.
Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) was the sole lawmaker to vote neither “yes” nor “no” on a resolution approving the nuclear deal.

I don't see your point... They were put in office to vote against it, in fact Republicans that were sympathetic to Obama's agenda were mostly removed from office, this has nothing to do with goose stepping, it's about staying in fucking office on very basic votes.

I don't see your point... They were put in office to vote against it, in fact Republicans that were sympathetic to Obama's agenda were mostly removed from office, this has nothing to do with goose stepping, it's about staying in fucking office on very basic votes.

Ergo....the most important impetus for a GOP'er in casting a vote, is to ensure that such a vote keeps one in one's "fucking office."

There are lots and lots of clinics that actually do care about women and actually do provide services, aside from ABORTION, meant to keep women healthy and avoid spread of disease. Give them the money.

Fuck PP. It's a racket.

Some beauty pageant contestant just claimed that PP does mammograms. Not true. They are limited in their services and it centers around birth control and abortion. The patients are referred elsewhere for other needed services.

The thing is, PP rakes in a half billion dollars a year and they hardly need tax payer money. They also support liberal candidates, so we know where much of that money goes. They are not a non-profit organization and I wonder if they even claim the profits from selling body parts on their taxes.

If they want to function primarily as an abortion clinic, fine, but they don't need tax payer money with all the profits they see each year.

I am sure liberals would be more than happy to generously donate their own money to ensure that PP keeps the big bucks coming in. The Red Cross and other organizations do fine relying on donations, so PP can do the same and stay of tax payers' pockets. We are already stuck paying for Obamacare, which covers all the care women need, so I am confused as to why we still need so many PP clinics

I am sure liberals would be more than happy to generously donate their own money to ensure that PP keeps the big bucks coming in. The Red Cross and other organizations do fine relying on donations, so PP can do the same and stay of tax payers' pockets. We are already stuck paying for Obamacare, which covers all the care women need, so I am confused as to why we still need so many PP clinics

Snide remarks aside...........I mostly agree...................EXCEPT, for the fact that most right wingers are unaware (or choose not to admit the existence) of the Hyde Amendment...

Under the Hyde Amendment, federal Medicaid coverage cannot extend to abortion even when a woman’s health is at risk and her doctor recommends she obtain an abortion to preserve her health.

Snide remarks aside...........I mostly agree...................EXCEPT, for the fact that most right wingers are unaware (or choose not to admit the existence) of the Hyde Amendment...

Under the Hyde Amendment, federal Medicaid coverage cannot extend to abortion even when a woman’s health is at risk and her doctor recommends she obtain an abortion to preserve her health.

And PP charges for it, too, so I guess it's not free then. If PP offered it for free, then that would mean they are using the tax payer money to cover the costs.

Point is that PP makes huge profits so should not be funded with tax payer money.

Republicans need to get their priorities straight.
GOP: Defund Planned Parenthood even if it didn’t break the law
Congressional Republicans say they are determined to shut Planned Parenthood down, regardless of whether it broke any laws.

In more than two months of investigations, members have yet to turn up evidence that Planned Parenthood acted illegally, the same conclusion reached by a half-dozen state investigations. The Department of Justice has so far declined to launch a formal probe.

Several Republicans acknowledged this week that they may never find proof of wrongdoing at Planned Parenthood — but said it doesn't matter.
“I don’t know whether we’re ever going to be able to answer that question, whether it was illegal for them to do what they were doing,” Rep. Raúl Labrador (R-Idaho) said during the House’s first hearing on the topic Wednesday. "I don’t know if it was illegal … but it was immoral, what was seen on that video."

Republicans have long been fierce critics of Planned Parenthood, which is the nation’s largest provider of abortion services. Under the law, the organization is banned from using federal funding for abortions, except in cases of rape, incest or medical necessity.

Stirred by outrage over secretly recorded videos at Planned Parenthood, Republicans opposed to abortion rights say it’s time to end federal funding for the group once and for all.

“The issue is not whether there’s been a crime committed or not,” Rep. Ted Poe (R-Texas.) told the same group at the hearing. “This issue is whether or not taxpayers should fund Planned Parenthood. That’s the issue before this committee.”

Three House committees and six states have investigated Planned Parenthood since it was first targeted by the undercover videos in July. The Energy and Commerce Committee has interviewed two Planned Parenthood officials as well as officials from three tissue procurement companies that have partnered with the organization: Stem Express, Advanced Bioscience Resources, Inc. and Novogenix Laboratories.

I agree unless they sever abortion services with provable separate non-government revenue stream in completely separate facilities.

PP sure fucked us up......

sEuxmKQ.jpg

If you right wing nitwits could put your hatred aside (and stop listening to FOX and Rush)....you too would know that PP MUST charge for abortion services because of the Hyde Amendment......

Ergo, ALL other services offered by PP and funded by the Feds are "legitimate" ones......

Your "anger" toward PP is unfounded and........simply stupid.

Some beauty pageant contestant just claimed that PP does mammograms. Not true. They are limited in their services and it centers around birth control and abortion. The patients are referred elsewhere for other needed services.

From their annual report:

Abortions: 327,653

Sexually transmitted infection/disease testing and treatment: 4,470,597

Contraception: 3,577,348

Cancer screening and prevention: 935,573

Pregnancy tests: 1,128,783

Prenatal services: 18,684

Family practice services: 65,464

Adoption referrals: 1,880

Urinary tract infection treatments: 47,264

Other: 17,187

The thing is, PP rakes in a half billion dollars a year and they hardly need tax payer money. They also support liberal candidates, so we know where much of that money goes. They are not a non-profit organization and I wonder if they even claim the profits from selling body parts on their taxes.

I just showed you where their money goes. Mostly it's STD screenings and contraception.

They aren't selling body parts. Seriously, people...fucking turn on NPR once in a while I beg you.

If they want to function primarily as an abortion clinic, fine, but they don't need tax payer money with all the profits they see each year.

Please, provide a link to all these "profits" PP is making.

I am sure liberals would be more than happy to generously donate their own money to ensure that PP keeps the big bucks coming in. The Red Cross and other organizations do fine relying on donations

Donations and Federal funding.

Red Cross Seeks $7 Million in Federal Money for Staffing

And from the Red Cross site:

Under limited circumstances, however, it sometimes becomes necessary for us to seek appropriations for certain programs when the funding requirements are beyond that supported by the charitable public. At times, federal and state government agencies also contract with the Red Cross and provide material aid and assistance to support the Red Cross in fulfillment of specific instances of our charter obligations.

so I am confused

Actually, that one line sums up the entire post. You are confused...turn off Fox and turn on NPR...it'll clear things up for you.

Planned Parenthood is a business. It's not a charity. Women can just as easily use their Obamacare to get all those services from their doctor. PP sees huge profits each year. Without tax payer money, they would still operate the same, but would not have money to give to liberal campaigns. That is why Dems want to keep giving them money.

With the Obamacare law, everyone is supposed to have insurance and it covers all but abortion. If women have to pay for that anyway, might as well go to a doctor who is held to higher standards and is closer to hospital in the event of an emergency. Inspections of many PP clinics were a bit alarming. And the left wants lower standards for them, including non-physicians performing abortions and being allowed to have clinics far away from hospitals.

The Red Cross is not a business and has never failed to help people and never charge anyone for that aid. They are there when disaster strikes. We should help fund them. It's a full-time job for those who make it work and they should have salaries to make a living.

Republicans: They didn't break the law....but there should be a law

PP sees huge profits each year. Without tax payer money, they would still operate the same, but would not have money to give to liberal campaigns. That is why Dems want to keep giving them money.

Before you go spewing whatever FOX told you to spew, here's what political contributions PP has allocated last year:

Contributions to candidates: $679,596
Contributions to Leadership PACs: $10,500
Contributions to parties: $204,978
Contributions to 527 committees: $91,551
Contributions to outside spending groups: $590,335

Now, compare the above to what the Koch brothers contribute.

Before you go spewing whatever FOX told you to spew, here's what political contributions PP has allocated last year:

Contributions to candidates: $679,596
Contributions to Leadership PACs: $10,500
Contributions to parties: $204,978
Contributions to 527 committees: $91,551
Contributions to outside spending groups: $590,335

Now, compare the above to what the Koch brothers contribute.

When they take tax payer money, they should not be spending any money to support Democrats. It's wrong no matter how you look at it.

And you forgot the money spent on lobbying.

PP has spent $25 million to help elect Dems over the last 15 years. And they've spent millions more lobbying for more money from congress.

We give them over $500 million a year. If they don't really need all that to operate and just want to ensure that they have plenty of money to support candidates, then it's total bullshit that they get anything. You can't say they spend their own money to support Clintons, then use tax money for the clinic. If they don't have enough of their own money to operate and support their candidates, then the tax payers are indeed footing the bill for Dem candidates. Maybe they even donated to a Republican in the past, but it is wrong because they are taking a half billion dollars of our money every year. I don't support Dem candidates, but my money sure as hell does and it's outrageous.

What is the justification for PP being subsidized by tax payers? The cancer screenings and other things they say they offer are available everywhere and now there is Obamacare, which was supposed to make everything just dandy. PP exists mainly for population control, meaning birth control and abortions and they charge for the services so where is the need to give them so much money?

When a business receives a fat check from tax payers, they should not be allowed to use any money for political campaigns. Choose between being subsidized by others or donating to campaigns, but not both. You guys don't even like corporations using their own money.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back