GOP Congressman Blasts Own Party On Being Too Extreme

Glad to see there is at least one sane person in the GOP :up:

"Congressman Richard Hanna (R-NY) is fed up with the GOP.

Hanna singled out Michele Bachmann’s “suggestion that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin be investigated to see if she has ties to Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood” as an example of a party that has gone off the rails.

The Syaracuse Post-Standard has the story:

“I have to say that I’m frustrated by how much we — I mean the Republican Party — are willing to give deferential treatment to our extremes in this moment in history,” he told The Post-Standard editorial board.

…“We render ourselves incapable of governing when all we do is take severe sides…” he said. “If all people do is go down there and join a team, and the team is invested in winning and you have something that looks very similar to the shirts and the skins, there’s not a lot of value there.”

…“I would say that the friends I have in the Democratic Party I find … much more congenial — a little less anger,” he said.
"

Republican Congressman Blasts GOP: Party Is 'Incapable Of Governing'

It's healthy for a democracy to have a strong opposition, believe me. But honestly, I think that even if the GOP were a very complacent party you would still think that it was not complacent enough.

Not at all. I think most all on the left would love for "real" conservatives to make a come back, over the ultra-right wing mockery it is today.

gop is just kkk without the white sheets

Yeah. We are racists. We just freed the blacks, fought segregation, passed the civil rights amendments and the civil rights acts.

We hate all dem minorities. That's why we do so much to help them.

Glad to see there is at least one sane person in the GOP :up:

"Congressman Richard Hanna (R-NY) is fed up with the GOP.

Hanna singled out Michele Bachmann’s “suggestion that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin be investigated to see if she has ties to Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood” as an example of a party that has gone off the rails.

The Syaracuse Post-Standard has the story:

“I have to say that I’m frustrated by how much we — I mean the Republican Party — are willing to give deferential treatment to our extremes in this moment in history,” he told The Post-Standard editorial board.

…“We render ourselves incapable of governing when all we do is take severe sides…” he said. “If all people do is go down there and join a team, and the team is invested in winning and you have something that looks very similar to the shirts and the skins, there’s not a lot of value there.”

…“I would say that the friends I have in the Democratic Party I find … much more congenial — a little less anger,” he said.
"

Republican Congressman Blasts GOP: Party Is 'Incapable Of Governing'

It's healthy for a democracy to have a strong opposition, believe me. But honestly, I think that even if the GOP were a very complacent party you would still think that it was not complacent enough.

Not at all. I think most all on the left would love for "real" conservatives to make a come back, over the ultra-right wing mockery it is today.

That is a fact. What I wouldn't give for a Congress that parties together and works together. Makes me look back at the Newt Gingrich days in Congress fondly.

Yeah. We are racists. We just freed the blacks, fought segregation, passed the civil rights amendments and the civil rights acts.

all the white racist left the dems when johnson passed civil rights act. dont ever bring up white people fighting for slavery they were complete joke for having it and were forced to fight it.

All do look at evidence of racist republicans. there is reason why blacks dont vote for them.
Blacks understand racism because they go through it and see what white trash republicans are.

white people helping blacks lol hahaha
whites have done well to destroy blacks in America and i have to do is look at history and the present

all the white racist left the dems when johnson passed civil rights act. dont ever bring up white people fighting for slavery they were complete joke for having it and were forced to fight it.

All do look at evidence of racist republicans. there is reason why blacks dont vote for them.
Blacks understand racism because they go through it and see what white trash republicans are.

Johnson was the one who lead the fillibuster to prevent the Civil rights act from being passed in 1958. If it werent for Johnson, blacks would have had equal rights half a decade earlier.

Blacks don't vote Republican because Democrats have successfully lied to them about civil rights and utterly destroyed the black family unit and inner city schools.

Republicans fought and ended slavery in America. I know you dont like that. But dont think you can tell me to shut up about the truth. Because the truth will set you free.

Since Obama took over the white house repugs have been foaming at the mouth. Not because he's democrat, but because he's black.

whites have done well to destroy blacks in America and i have to do is look at history and the present

Seems to me that you are your own worst enemy. And that's true for almost all people. We are our own worst enemy.

Instead of blaming others for your problems, why not ask yourself what you can do to make your own life and community better?

Since Obama took over the white house repugs have been foaming at the mouth. Not because he's democrat, but because he's black.

Then it wouldnt be difficult to provide one photograph of someone foaming at the mouth because of Obama's half-race.

I dont know why you seem to think race is this all controling issue. It's irrelevant to almost every rational person who walks the earth.

So what you're saying is since 1958 blacks have been too stupid too realize that it's the republicans that have their best interests at heart, right?

Johnson was the one who lead the fillibuster to prevent the Civil rights act from being passed in 1958. If it werent for Johnson, blacks would have had equal rights half a decade earlier.

Blacks don't vote Republican because Democrats have successfully lied to them about civil rights and utterly destroyed the black family unit and inner city schools.

Republicans fought and ended slavery in America. I know you dont like that. But dont think you can tell me to shut up about the truth. Because the truth will set you free.

Which is why republicans hate programs like head start and food stamps because it keeps blacks from realizing their potential, correct?

So what you're saying is since 1958 blacks have been too stupid too realize that it's the republicans that have their best interests at heart, right?

I don't quite understand what you're saying. That a program that helps people actually prevents them from realizing their potential I think you're saying. Maybe a program to help people actually does help people.

Seems to me that you are your own worst enemy. And that's true for almost all people. We are our own worst enemy.

Instead of blaming others for your problems, why not ask yourself what you can do to make your own life and community better?

If you need an confirmation on which party promotes extremism...there is only one party that thinks moderates are bad

Are you referring to how moderate Democrats Jason Altmire and Tim Holden were defeated by far left liberals in their primaries earlier this year?

Nope. Not at all. not surprising that you feel you need to lie to avoid addressing my point though.

I had several points:

1) Johnson was a political opportunist and racist who lead the opposition to civil rights until he thought he could benefit from it politically with the explicit.
2) Democrats have systematically undermined the black community by destroying education in the inner cities and destroying the family unit through political handouts and outright lies.
3) Lies can be effective. Even to intelligent and good people.

Tell me, Why exactly are democrat positions on issues better than Republican positions on issues for the black community?

The Democrats support Abortion for the most part. Republicans oppose it for the most part. Abortion destroys future generations of black youth. In fact, Margaret Sanger, the woman who started Planned Parenthood and the abortion movement in America started it explicitly to eliminate minorities.

The Democrats are against school choice, Republicans are for it. Why is forcing black americans to remain in the same failing schools good for the black community?

The Democrats oppose Traditional marriage, Republicans support it. How does it help Black families to encourage fathers to abandon their families? Or even worse never to formally marry at all? How is this good for black youth?

The Democrats oppose the free market, Republicans support it. How exactly does opposing the free market help allow black entrepenuers to pull themselves out of poverty?

Name an issue. any issue. Let's compare the Republican and Democrat position and I am confident that the Democrat position doesnt help a black individual while the Republican position will help blacks (and just about everyone else too).

Congressman Richard Hanna (R-NY) is fed up with the GOP.

Who isn’t.

…“I would say that the friends I have in the Democratic Party I find … much more congenial — a little less anger,” he said."

True.

With republicans and conservatives it’s not just the policy positions but the intensity of the anger, anger clearly predicated on fear.

Which is why republicans hate programs like head start and food stamps because it keeps blacks from realizing their potential, correct?

Head Start is a $150 billion dollar FAILURE, according to HHS...

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/opr...al.pdf?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email

Congressman Richard Hanna (R-NY) is fed up with the GOP.

Who isn’t.

…“I would say that the friends I have in the Democratic Party I find … much more congenial — a little less anger,” he said."

True.

With republicans and conservatives it’s not just the policy positions but the intensity of the anger, anger clearly predicated on fear.

Damn Clayton, you really think you can read 150 million American minds, huh?

If you need an confirmation on which party promotes extremism...there is only one party that thinks moderates are bad

Read the post claiming Obama is a Marxist, the right has gone over the edge. Republicans need to minimize the Bachmann/Sancto fringe, and stick with people like McCain.

Read the post claiming Obama is a Marxist, the right has gone over the edge. Republicans need to minimize the Bachmann/Sancto fringe, and stick with people like McCain.

He is a marxist. His parents were marxists. His grandparents were marxists. His mentors were marxists. His pastors are marxists. His advisors in his administration are marxists. He admitted that in college he sought out the marxists to associate and learn from. At no point in his life has he ever denounced marxism or mentioned any pivot points that have turned him to his marxist youth. The man wrote a book about his dreams from his father which were marxist dreams.

Seriously, how much more evidence do you need that he is a marxist?

Roe vs Wade wasn't a race issue. It's the law of the land now. Abortion destroy future generations. of black youth. Can you prove this.
So repubs support traditional marriage. What's your version of traditional marriage. Your whole post of marriage,, blacks formally marry and fathers are encouraged to leave. So maybe a fix would help. Allow the men to stay in the house.

I'll name one position.
Food stamps, important now since many of the manufacturing jobs have been offshored. I remember Cleveland, Houston, and Los Angeles in the 50's and 60's with the many manufacturing jobs and we had massive amounts of blacks working. Mr. avatar,those jobs are no longer here. Even before the de industrialization of America though we had riots such as the watts riot, a Negro district in Los Angeles. This was 1965, before the war on poverty got started. The cause? A commission decided poor schools, lack of jobs, and lack of transportation.

And now, the repubs are for civil rights, which is why the south turned from being democrat to republican because a democrat, LBJ, for whatever reason ramrodded through civil rights legislation? This makes no sense at all.

Head Start, allows low income parent to work while having child care for the children. We are cutting funds now to that program.
Minimum wage which allows a person to make a living wage. People need a living wage to work.
You're probably against public schools but there is no proof that charters are any better. You show me some pro links and I guarantee you I can show you some con links. I do know that charters are non union and will hire less experienced teachers. This is what the republican party is all about, low wages

Now I asked you. If the republicans had the best idea for blacks, don't you think they would have by now, over the last few decades, began to understand this? Or maybe they're too stupid to recognize this and they need someone like you to show them the way.
Democrats aren't perfect, however, if anyone is going to give the little guy a break, it will be a democrat.

Nope. Not at all. not surprising that you feel you need to lie to avoid addressing my point though.

I had several points:

1) Johnson was a political opportunist and racist who lead the opposition to civil rights until he thought he could benefit from it politically with the explicit.
2) Democrats have systematically undermined the black community by destroying education in the inner cities and destroying the family unit through political handouts and outright lies.
3) Lies can be effective. Even to intelligent and good people.

Tell me, Why exactly are democrat positions on issues better than Republican positions on issues for the black community?

The Democrats support Abortion for the most part. Republicans oppose it for the most part. Abortion destroys future generations of black youth. In fact, Margaret Sanger, the woman who started Planned Parenthood and the abortion movement in America started it explicitly to eliminate minorities.

The Democrats are against school choice, Republicans are for it. Why is forcing black americans to remain in the same failing schools good for the black community?

The Democrats oppose Traditional marriage, Republicans support it. How does it help Black families to encourage fathers to abandon their families? Or even worse never to formally marry at all? How is this good for black youth?

The Democrats oppose the free market, Republicans support it. How exactly does opposing the free market help allow black entrepenuers to pull themselves out of poverty?

Name an issue. any issue. Let's compare the Republican and Democrat position and I am confident that the Democrat position doesnt help a black individual while the Republican position will help blacks (and just about everyone else too).

Forum List

Back