GOP committee member in trouble over racist Obama email

Marilyn Davenport, a Tea Party activist and member of the Orange County GOP's central committee, is in trouble over a racist anti-Obama email. The email included these pictures.

1303071057_8620.jpg

1303071146_c10e.jpg

More Tea Party Racism - Auburn Journal

"Oh, come on! Everybody who knows me knows that I am not a racist. It was a joke. I have friends who are black! Besides, I only sent it to a few people - mostly people I didn't think would be upset by it," explained Marilyn Davenport , Teapublican activist and member of the Orange County Republican Party Central Committee.

Davenport is in hot water for circulating a racist hate-email depicting President Barack Obama and his parents as chimpanzees. The email also noted, "Now you know why - No birth certificate."

As with most white racists on the defensive, Davenport's "excuse" was that she only sent the email to her closest racist friends, that she is not a racist , that she didn't realize the email was racist, and that it's perfectly acceptable to make fun of black people as subhuman. These are each classic forms of racism denial. Instead of an apology, Davenport said she was concerned over who leaked her racist email and then blamed the media for running it.

Dehumanizing blacks as being ape-like (and by implication not as evolved as whites) is among the most violent, hurtful and persistent legacies of America's enslavement of black Africans. In a six-year research study at Stanford it was found that whites who do not regard blacks as “fully human” are also likely to ignore or even condone violence against blacks.

She can't be racist.........She has "friends who are black"

That ought to settle it

Lol. I find it hilarious that republicans think having a black friend makes you not racist.

I thought they would be made Honorary Tea Baggers for such a slick card!

If blacks did not really look like apes, this would be no big deal

Lol. I find it hilarious that republicans think having a black friend makes you not racist.

Trust me, they are not friends.

Yeah, only you Democrats are friends to Black people. you all care so much you just stick them in public housing and forget about them till it's time to vote, then you all CARE again.

You gotta ask, "What kind of families raised this current crop of Republicans"?

my my look what I found.

bushmonkey.jpg

where's the bone thru the nose and watermelon ones?

What Republicans refuse to admit are the roots of their deep hatred for African Americans. Someone may make a monkey face out of Bush, but it's not the same thing. Blacks were slaves and part of the reasoning is they aren't "human". Then there were the "Jim Crowe" laws. Conservatives often used pictures of monkeys and chimps to represent blacks during a time when those same blacks had to worry about lynching. About riding the "back of the bus". "Driving While Black" and so on. Republicans know this. That party is 90% white. They can put up the faux outrage all they want. They can pretend to be stupid (who knew they were such good actors) all they want, but everyone, them, us, black people. We ALL know they truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marilyn Davenport, a Tea Party activist and member of the Orange County GOP's central committee, is in trouble over a racist anti-Obama email. The email included these pictures.

1303071057_8620.jpg

1303071146_c10e.jpg

More Tea Party Racism - Auburn Journal

"Oh, come on! Everybody who knows me knows that I am not a racist. It was a joke. I have friends who are black! Besides, I only sent it to a few people - mostly people I didn't think would be upset by it," explained Marilyn Davenport , Teapublican activist and member of the Orange County Republican Party Central Committee.

Davenport is in hot water for circulating a racist hate-email depicting President Barack Obama and his parents as chimpanzees. The email also noted, "Now you know why - No birth certificate."

As with most white racists on the defensive, Davenport's "excuse" was that she only sent the email to her closest racist friends, that she is not a racist , that she didn't realize the email was racist, and that it's perfectly acceptable to make fun of black people as subhuman. These are each classic forms of racism denial. Instead of an apology, Davenport said she was concerned over who leaked her racist email and then blamed the media for running it.

Dehumanizing blacks as being ape-like (and by implication not as evolved as whites) is among the most violent, hurtful and persistent legacies of America's enslavement of black Africans. In a six-year research study at Stanford it was found that whites who do not regard blacks as “fully human” are also likely to ignore or even condone violence against blacks.

I never ceased to be amazed by people in politics who can say and do X and later characterize it as Y, all the while declaring their innocence and insisting that what is obvious to all is somehow just a joke or a simple misunderstanding.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back