GOP Broden: Violent Revolution Is "On the Table"

still no link huh

I looked for one last night but all I kept getting were people saying essentially what i said with no direct Jefferson quote. It's a misnomer that everything is on the web you know. I would suggest a trip to the local library and a conversation with the bespectacled female behind the reference counter.

Where is their Constitutional empowerment

Article 1 sec. 8.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States...To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Prettty much covers all the executive agencies, wouldn't you think?

LiberalNut.

Your posting style is familiar. Reminds me of a poster that used to post with us on Yahoo. And your username here rhymes with the username he used there (wild coincidence most likely there).

Did you used to post on the Yahoo Op/Ed boards about 7-8 years ago?

GOP candidate: Violent overthrow of government is 'on the table' - The Week

Texas GOP congressional candidate Stephen Broden has found himself in the spotlight after suggesting that the government may well need to be overthrown. In an interview this week, Broden was asked if he was actually calling for violence against the government when he told a crowd of Tea Party supporters last year that the "tyrannical" Obama administration might justify a "revolution." If any government destroys our liberty, Broden replied, "we have a right... to get rid of it by any means necessary." Under further questioning, the self-described "constitutionalist pastor" said that this option was "on the table" this year, though "it is not the first option

Last edited:
Second Amendment Remedies

The mark of the Tea Party. Unless we get our way we will become violent

Hes not lying. This question has come up more frequently as are basic freedoms are assaulted. I know many including myself, that if this must come down as push and shove. We will definately push back.

Was it appropriate to say so? Probably not. But it shall remain on many minds.

It better stay in your atrophied mind or you will find yourself sitting in Tim McVeighs old seat.

Do the left have Repetitive Whine Syndrome? Are y'all so desperate to throw shit that you need to have several threads on the same topic?

I think I smell fear coming from the left. I find that funny.

Do the left have Repetitive Whine Syndrome? Are y'all so desperate to throw shit that you need to have several threads on the same topic?

AND:

In Michigan, local Republicans and Tea Party activists were immediately suspicious when a “Tea Party” ballot line appeared with candidates running for two competitive House seats and several state offices. The ballot line was thrown out on a technicality last month, but only after a series of blog and newspaper reports uncovered the hidden hand of two Oakland County Democratic officials. Both men resigned.

Dems have a hand in creating some of these "spurious" Tea Party candidates
NEW YORK TIMES - Democrats Back Third Parties to Siphon Votes

Fear? Of course we are afraid....all those irate Tea Baggers seeking their second amendment remedies

tea-party-sign-armed.jpg

Can you imagine Sharron Angle packing heat?

Last edited:

Fear? Of course we are afraid....all those irate Tea Baggers seeking their second amendment remedies

tea-party-sign-armed.jpg

Rightwinger, when I see signs like that one, so expertly produced, I think "INTERLOPER"

tea-party-sign-armed.jpg

Rightwinger, when I see signs like that one, so expertly produced, I think "INTERLOPER"

Oh yea...I forgot

Tea baggers wouldn't do such things.....must be an "interloper"

black-protester-with-gun.jpg

Last edited:
Wait a minute...interlopers?

I thought the tea Party movement was big tent operation.

You mean 2nd Amendment advocates who threaten revolution against the government aren't really members of the TEA Party?

You mean 2nd Amendment advocates who threaten revolution against the government aren't really members of the TEA Party?

I use the term "interloper" to describe individuals who insert themselves into the ranks of legitimate participants to cause them to lose face with the greater population

I'm at an age when I'm at a loss for proper terminology/nomenclature

I use the term "interloper" to describe individuals who insert themselves into the ranks of legitimate participants to cause them to lose face with the greater population

Part of the problem facing the Tea Party is that they're not well organized enough to root out the interlopers. In fact, they've resisted attempts to get organized. The problem is highlighted every time a Tea Party member, sponsor, or candidate advocates violence or engages in racist dialogue. I think most folks understand that the loonies and interlopers don't represent the crowd, but then the question becomes "Who does?"

This current President's entire "GOD DAMN AMERICA" entourage fully supports Violent Revolution. So it is pretty funny watching the Hopey Changeys feigning such outrage over this. Check out what his good buddies William Ayers & Rev. Wright think if you don't believe me.

Part of the problem facing the Tea Party is that they're not well organized enough to root out the interlopers. In fact, they've resisted attempts to get organized. The problem is highlighted every time a Tea Party member, sponsor, or candidate advocates violence or engages in racist dialogue. I think most folks understand that the loonies and interlopers don't represent the crowd, but then the question becomes "Who does?"

Its not just that..

To paraphrase Bill Clinton, they do not know what "is" is. They lack defined leadership, a defined political position, a defined strategy. The result is that anyone who hates government is good enough to be a tea bagger.

Forum List

Back