GOP brings most" heartless bills"...cuts

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
“It’s a sad day in the people’s House when the leadership brings to the floor one of the most heartless bills I have ever seen,” said Representative James McGovern, Democrat of Massachusetts. “It’s terrible policy trapped in a terrible process.”

The measure has little chance of advancing in the Senate, and Senator Debbie Stabenow, Democrat of Michigan and the chairwoman of the Senate Agriculture Committee, called it “a monumental waste of time.”

The bill, written under the direction of the House majority leader, Eric Cantor, Republican of Virginia, would cut $40 billion from the food stamp program over the next 10 years. It would also require adults between 18 and 50 without minor children to find a job or to enroll in a work-training program in order to receive benefits.

It would also limit the time those recipients could get benefits to three months. Currently, states can extend food stamp benefits past three months for able-bodied people who are working or preparing for work as part of a job-training program.

“This bill makes getting Americans back to work a priority again for our nation’s welfare programs,” House Speaker John A. Boehner said.

The bill would also restrict people enrolled in other social welfare programs from automatically becoming eligible for food stamps.

In addition, the legislation would allow states to require food stamp recipients to be tested for drugs and to stop lottery winners from getting benefits. The Senate farm bill also contains a restriction on lottery winners.

Critics of the measure said the cuts would fall disproportionately on children.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/u...bill-cutting-40-billion-from-food-stamps.html

Last edited:
So how much does that work out to each of the people on food stamps???
more than 47 million people are now using the food stamps, or 1 in 7 Americans —
Food stamps again a vivid symbol in poverty debate
That means $40 billion over 10 years or $4 billion a year.
Or for each person if the reduction was simple reducing the total amount i.e. $4 billion divided by 47 million or 23¢ per person.
BUT those HEARTLESS evil GOP... they targeted the really needy people:
They don't want lottery winners to get food stamps!
They don't want food stamps to go to people that spend cash on drugs and use the food stamps for food!
HOW CRUEL!!!
AND the biggest cruelty !!!
They want people to have a job!
It would also require adults between 18 and 50 without minor children to find a job or to enroll in a work-training program in order to receive benefits!

HOW ABSOLUTELY MEAN!!! These evil GOP want to take 23¢ a day out of the mouths of babes AND worse yet
want people to go to work! HOW CRUEL!

Last edited:
Most getting food stamps are whites in Red States. But those people don't think it's their food stamps that need to be cut. They think the GOP is fighting to cut the food stamps of blacks and Hispanics. They don't even realize what their party is doing to their "bum". Talk about "invasive".

Check out 1:02. It's a typical right winger.

Worse, 85% of those on food stamps are children, vets with disabilities and seniors. Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most getting food stamps are whites in Red States. But those people don't think it's their food stamps that need to be cut. They think the GOP is fighting to cut the food stamps of blacks and Hispanics. They don't even realize what their party is doing to their "bum". Talk about "invasive".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWcVSRXDpTY

Worse, 85% of those on food stamps are children, vets with disabilities and seniors. Nice.
Never been poor like that, grew up in a upper-middle class family, some of my extended family are in the '10%' or '1%'; however you want to put it. Poverty can be a poor teacher, as you can get into situations where you are going paycheck by paycheck, struggling to make ends meet, and fighting others for employment. Eventually you can go two ways, either use your experience as a reason to help others, or turn into Scrooge:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmMOdhUnmik]Bill Maher Compares Republicans to Scrooge - YouTube[/ame]

23¢ per person per day is IF the $4 billion a year was cut from EVERYONE!
But it's not!
You want lottery winners to keep on getting stamps?
How about able bodied people that all they need do is attend job training! Isn't that fair?
Finally it's not a "white or black" issue. It's a FAIRNESS issue.
Are you truly happy seeing people buying drugs with cash and food with their food stamps?
Is that right and fair?
Those are the situations that those MEAN evil GOP want to stop!

The stupidity is strong with this one.

Never been poor like that, grew up in a upper-middle class family, some of my extended family are in the '10%' or '1%'; however you want to put it. Poverty can be a poor teacher, as you can get into situations where you are going paycheck by paycheck, struggling to make ends meet, and fighting others for employment. Eventually you can go two ways, either use your experience as a reason to help others, or turn into Scrooge:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmMOdhUnmik]Bill Maher Compares Republicans to Scrooge - YouTube[/ame]

You lefties get your opions and political news from comedians. Lol. Stupid stupid people.

LOL, great news. Did you people ever stop consider that this rider was put on the farm bill to trip up the farm bill? That would be my guess.

Once again the left use the feelings to tug at the lefts heart strings, rather than sensible and practicable bills that would really help people.
This would get them off of Government dependency and help them to get jobs. It would help them to become more happy and productive people.

It's more heartless to keep them on government assistance.

The Left refuse to cut anything.

Food stamps are wrecking the black community. Theres too much reliance on it now, and it makes it easy for dead beat dads to rationalize not taking care of their children. You can literally trace the downfall of black America to its origins. There wasn't a fatherless household rate of 72% before the food stamp program.

I am sick and tired of people crying, groaning and moaning about poverty in America.

Those who so cry, groan and moan and those that these phonies pretend to speak for have absolutely no idea what poverty is.

I bet they never spent a single minute in the "hollers" in the Appalachian as in Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia and Tennessee.

They think that poverty is poverty only if those who suffer from it are blacks.

They forget that all those who are allegedly live in poverty have car and/or truck, wide screen TV, refrigerator, freezer, washer, dryer, DVD and CD player, food stamps to remove any doubt from where their next meal comes from, charities (usually the religious kind, so derided and reviled by liberals) to put shoes and clothes on their backs and feet, including their children, and these people could be just as lily white as they could be charcoal black.

These people has no idea what poverty is.

I grew up in REAL poverty in Communist Hungary. The clothes I had were hand-me-downs, or made out of salvageable materials from clothes discarded by those who were rich. The food we ate were what we raised, digging in our garden of our backyard and our once-a-week meat was the scrawny chicken that had lived on kitchen scraps. We walked to school, but we learned far more than any American ghetto kid, because our teachers were dedicated and union-free and every bit as poverty-stricken as the rest of the population. I never even saw an orange or a banana in our Communist Paradise until I decided to cut free and came to Canada in 1957 as a seventeen-year-old boy. I never had welfare, although once I drew unemployment insurance, while I attended high school as an adult student, in order to obtain my high school diploma.

So, don't preach to me about poverty. In America poverty is the result of your own making.

Once again the left use the feelings to tug at the lefts heart strings, rather than sensible and practicable bills that would really help people.
This would get them off of Government dependency and help them to get jobs. It would help them to become more happy and productive people.

It's more heartless to keep them on government assistance.

The Left refuse to cut anything.

The left knows that they will get the votes of the people they keep on Government Assistance.

That keeps them in power today. They figure there will aways be some "rich" to raise taxes on to pay for it.

I wouldn't mind seeing a provision that after 3 years on welfare, if you are physically and mentally able to be working, that you start to lose your right to vote, until you have been off the dole for at least 3 years.

The bill, written under the direction of the House majority leader, Eric Cantor, Republican of Virginia, would cut $40 billion from the food stamp program over the next 10 years.
What's wrong with that? The Food Stamp program is bloated and is rotted with abuse.

Two other things:
This is over 10 years.
How much is being spent on the Food Stamp Program now?

It would also require adults between 18 and 50 without minor children to find a job or to enroll in a work-training program in order to receive benefits.

It would force them to find work? Disgusting! :mad:

“This bill makes getting Americans back to work a priority again for our nation’s welfare programs,” House Speaker John A. Boehner said.
A priority (and correct me if i'm wrong) Obama gutted not too long ago.

Pardon me for not googling, (football is on, streaming, and tracking fantasy all at the same time) but Clinton admin passed a bill requiring work for benefits.
This admin ILLEGALLY, by executive privilege, removed that requirement.
Since then Cloward and Piven have been breaking the back of this culture, one government dollar at a time (or should I say 1 TRILLION at a time?)

“It’s a sad day in the people’s House when the leadership brings to the floor one of the most heartless bills I have ever seen,” said Representative James McGovern, Democrat of Massachusetts. “It’s terrible policy trapped in a terrible process.”

The measure has little chance of advancing in the Senate, and Senator Debbie Stabenow, Democrat of Michigan and the chairwoman of the Senate Agriculture Committee, called it “a monumental waste of time.”

The bill, written under the direction of the House majority leader, Eric Cantor, Republican of Virginia, would cut $40 billion from the food stamp program over the next 10 years. It would also require adults between 18 and 50 without minor children to find a job or to enroll in a work-training program in order to receive benefits.

It would also limit the time those recipients could get benefits to three months. Currently, states can extend food stamp benefits past three months for able-bodied people who are working or preparing for work as part of a job-training program.

The bill would also restrict people enrolled in other social welfare programs from automatically becoming eligible for food stamps.

In addition, the legislation would allow states to require food stamp recipients to be tested for drugs and to stop lottery winners from getting benefits. The Senate farm bill also contains a restriction on lottery winners.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/u...bill-cutting-40-billion-from-food-stamps.html

I guess the lawmakers don't understand its just not that easy to snap your fingers and find a Job so they want pepole to starve now wonderful. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

The stupidity is strong with this one.

You could prove you're correct, which you can't. We both know it. That makes you the stupid one. Both stupid and pathetic.

I guess the lawmakers don't understand its just not that easy to snap your fingers and find a Job so they want pepole to starve now wonderful. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Illegal Immigrants seem to be able to find jobs. You know...those "jobs Americans won't do".

But nooooooooooo...welfare slackers would rather live life sucking off the Government Tit.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back