Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Glad to see the end of his reign on TV

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Don't know, never watched him

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

DennyO

Dec 31, 2013
Feb. 6 is his last night on the Tonight show. As for me, I will miss him. A lot of his comedy was corny, but you knew what you were getting with him, and he had the ability to take some pretty lamely written material and still get good laughs from it.

I won't miss his mushy interviews with celebrities of all types.

Last edited:
Feb. 6 is his last night on the Tonight show. As for me, I will miss him. A lot of his comedy was corny, but you knew what you were getting with him, and he had the ability to take some pretty lamely written material and still get good laughs from it.

I will miss him, too. His monologs especially, and when he would do the segment where he goes out on the street and asks the people questions..:lol: What I will miss the most, is his sense of humor, and the fact that I like him and think of him as a good person. I do hope he turns up on another network, so I can still see his somewhat shy and funny face.

Never have watched him once...too busy....

He does have great car collection

jay-leno-steam-car.jpg

Leno did his best but he was no Johnny Carson. The "tonight show" was once an American institution but after Carson died it was just another show.

During my working years I worked in flex hours, from 5:00 AM to 1:30 PM, so I never stayed up to watch any of the late night shows.

The only times I saw Jay Leno, when some short segments of his show were repeated on other shows.

I liked that unlike some other late show hosts he never sunk low enough to use needless profanities.

He also appeared to be more objective, politically, than others.

We already did this.

Leno had a great run and is an icon

But it is time to go

I was good friends with Johnny's son Rick when I was in the Navy. Sometimes on Fridays we'd take off and head to NYC and catch the taping of the show. I met Johnny (and Doc and Ed) many times.

Good memories. He was the best.

During my working years I worked in flex hours, from 5:00 AM to 1:30 PM, so I never stayed up to watch any of the late night shows.

The only times I saw Jay Leno, when some short segments of his show were repeated on other shows.

I liked that unlike some other late show hosts he never sunk low enough to use needless profanities.

I never watched him either until last year when I got my two DVRs and now I tape him and watch when I have the time. I just love the guy and his objectivity and shy sense of humor. I will so miss him. He has been number one in the ratings for late night shows but the brass wanted to put Jimmy Fallon in his time slot, to appeal to younger audiences. I plan to tape him and hope for the best. :D Jay's show the past two weeks have had guests who have been with him for 20 years and it has been fantastic seeing all the old footage of them all together in segments back in the dayz...

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Jay Leno has great humility and that draws people to him. He is liked and respected by his fans. I also like the fact he doesn't have to resort, to low behavior, for giggles and grins.

Forum List

Back