Good PLAN: Deep food stamp cuts will affect TRUMP voters equally

centerleftFL

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2018
There goes that a law of unintended consequences. I know, I know. He'll wait till AFTER the mid-terms to slash 'em. Then his voters will get their surprise.

Trump’s GOP is looking to deeply cut food stamps — hitting his voters hard

By Andrew Van DamJune 25 at 6:00 AME
mail the author

If Republicans succeed in their multi-front campaign to cut back on food stamps, the burden will fall heaviest on the working-class, rural white voters on whom President Trump has staked the future of their party.

House Republicans on Thursdaypassed legislation that would require Americans ages 18 through 59 to either work part time or enroll in 20 hours per week of workforce training to receive food stamps.

On the same day, the White House unveiled a proposal to consolidate the public safety net — including the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) — under a revamped health department. The program, my colleagues Amy Goldstein and Caitlin Dewey write, “has an explicit aim of building standardized requirements that people must work or prepare for jobs to qualify for government help.”

On the surface, these efforts seem like they will affect Democratic voters the most. The highest rates of food-stamp assistance tend to be in the most Democratic areas. But that’s a superficial reading of the numbers.

Yes, the most Democratic-leaning fifth of counties tops the rankings in terms of reliance on food stamps — there, 14 percent of all households got SNAP assistance, based on 2012-16 data. But the most Republican-leaning fifth runs a close second at 13.5 percent...

Analysis | Trump’s GOP is looking to deeply cut food stamps — hitting his voters hard

Not only that but his really stupid trade policy will slam farmers & they will be needed SNAP benefits only to find out they can't get them.

There goes that a law of unintended consequences. I know, I know. He'll wait till AFTER the mid-terms to slash 'em. Then his voters will get their surprise.

mail the author

If Republicans succeed in their multi-front campaign to cut back on food stamps, the burden will fall heaviest on the working-class, rural white voters on whom President Trump has staked the future of their party.

House Republicans on Thursdaypassed legislation that would require Americans ages 18 through 59 to either work part time or enroll in 20 hours per week of workforce training to receive food stamps.

On the same day, the White House unveiled a proposal to consolidate the public safety net — including the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) — under a revamped health department. The program, my colleagues Amy Goldstein and Caitlin Dewey write, “has an explicit aim of building standardized requirements that people must work or prepare for jobs to qualify for government help.”

On the surface, these efforts seem like they will affect Democratic voters the most. The highest rates of food-stamp assistance tend to be in the most Democratic areas. But that’s a superficial reading of the numbers.

Yes, the most Democratic-leaning fifth of counties tops the rankings in terms of reliance on food stamps — there, 14 percent of all households got SNAP assistance, based on 2012-16 data. But the most Republican-leaning fifth runs a close second at 13.5 percent...

Analysis | Trump’s GOP is looking to deeply cut food stamps — hitting his voters hard
Good I hope they starve

Not only that but his really stupid trade policy will slam farmers & they will be needed SNAP benefits only to find out they can't get them.

I'm watching that too.

Suprise, Suprise, Supise! In time for Christmas?

mail the author

Good I hope they starve
I know you're pissed, but really?

mail the author

Good I hope they starve
I know you're pissed, but really?
No, but still. The harder things get for them, the more solidly they’ll learn a lesson.

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG
People will have to earn something :/
Why do people object to other people getting free shit just for existing? I just dont understand it.

mail the author

Good I hope they starve

There' you're voters. Let 'em starve?

mail the author

Good I hope they starve

There' you're voters. Let 'em starve?
They’ll be my voters this and the next few Novembers.

mail the author

Good I hope they starve

How inclusive and diverse

One can only hope.
A better idea............

In order to qualify for SNAP, you cannot have nicotine in your bloodstream. Mandatory spot checks.
I get so sick of seeing white trash paying for their food with a SNAP card...then pay cash for a damn carton of cigarettes that is equal to, or greater than the cost of the food they bought!!

mail the author

The problem with work requirement is that a large portion of those on food stamps are already working. The problem is that they aren't being paid a living wage and don't get a full 40 hour week.

Employers like walmart teach their new employees how to sign up for public assistance when they're hired. There's something wrong with an employer teaching their employees how to sign up for public assistance. The employer knows they aren't paying that person enough to live on.

Tax cuts won't raise wages of working people. It only raises wages of the 1%.

The responsible and proper way to decrease food stamp usage is to pay people enough wages so that they don't need or qualify for food stamps.

mail the author

Rural white food stamp recipients are going back to work, thanks to Trump. He's removing the restrictions that have crippled rural economies, forcing rural people to submit to various and assorted *programs* in order to obtain federal funds in order to survive.

Now that they can work, they're giving the boot to SNap

Meanwhile city dwelling mentally ill and criminal democrats are being funneled into institutions, having their kids taken, and are being forced into job programs by state workers who are now obliged to engage Obama era voters via programs the feds require they use if they accept federal dollars.

Win/win.

mail the author

Yeah, because Trump is so popular with moochers.

Forum List

Back