Good Morning

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MiddleGroundTim, Mar 2, 2012.

1. MiddleGroundTim

MiddleGroundTim Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good Morning,

I chose the name MiddleGroundTim to express the fact that I find myself being really dissappointed with all sides of the political spectrum today. Born and raised on the South Side of Chicago I grew up a Democrat from a very large working class family full of firemen, policeman and the trades. Since college, nearly 40 years ago, I have lived in every region of the country, but have kept strong roots to the "old neighborhood" and my working class values and disciplines.

Although I am deeply dissappointed in the POTUS I still think he is a big step in a positive direction than his predecessor. Who will win in November? Please not Mitt! Rush...should be fired. Sherriff Joe in Arizona should be in jail. Clinton was a pig, but a damn good President. Why do I think we would have been better off if we elected Hillary?

There is a start. Does anyone agree with me on anything? I hope so and I hope I can stimulate some interesting discussion. "Democracy must be loud!" So said B. Franklin. We may not be right but the arguments are not bad.:clap2:

2. TheLonelySquire

TheLonelySquire VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30

I disagree with you on everything but BF and the fact that Clinton was a pig. They both are actually, However, to each his own and welcome to the board. Hope you enjoy it.

3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Oh I suspect there's a whole lotta people on this board with your basic POV about the Duelopoly.

We're squeezed between the partisans of both camps, here, but we're fairly vocal in our basic disgust with both parties.

I like to think of myself as being a member of Americans RADICAL CENTER.

To some tools that makes me fascisticm to other tools that makes me a commie.

Who cares what ignorant people think?

If these fools can't see how they're being played by the MASTERS, there's damned little you or I can do except point out the flaws either in their data or the conclusions they draw from that data they have that is right.

My advise is ignore the obvious trolls and stick to discussing issues with people who stick to discussing the ISSUE.

4. MiddleGroundTim

MiddleGroundTim Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I do get a kick out of how I am attacked when my middle of the road views are percieved as either being right or left wing. I look forward to good, mind engaging discussions especially with people who don't always agree. Cheers!

5. Dabs

Dabs ~Unpredictable~

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Hello0o00o0o and welcome.....my job here is done!

6. Robert_Stephens

Robert_Stephens BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +92
    For the OP, I strongly differ with all your points. Primary would be that we are a nation fading quickly in stage 3 of all great cultures' demise in that we are looking down the barrel of $15,355,430,000,000 in debt, a number unprecendented in history. It also equals the entire debt of a good portion of the Earth's nation states.

We need to return to a Constitutional Federal Republic, for which we were framed.

Consider.

Robert

7. Ancient lion

Ancient lion Thank your creator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    welcome :)

8. Leweman

Leweman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +737
    Instead of an (R) or (D) next to a politicians name they should really start being honest and put ($) cause that's what it's really about or we wouldn't all these problems.

9. techieny

techieny Conservative Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +586
    Welcome to the boards !

10. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    Welcome to USMB, MiddleGroundTim. I don't think you're quite as middle ground as you think, if you would like Hillary Clinton for President, considering her propensity to "forget" things around a Grand Jury.

Hope you enjoy the boards. *clink*

Oops. That was just one of those pesky icicles. :D

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1