Good for the Bull!

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
Good for the Bull!

:ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWAIjYs9Lws]YouTube - Spain Rampage: Raging bull charges into crowd injuring 40 at bullfight[/ame]

They were showing that on Fox this morning.

I'm a meat eater.
I have had livestock and dealt with livestock off and on all my life.
The men in my family are hunters.
I've participated in rodeos, been a rodeo princess (a really long time ago) and participate in the Round Up almost every year.

And I appreciate the whole culture thing of bullfighting, and understand that they honor the bull and all that hogwash...

But...I'm sorry, I feel sorry for the bulls. I know they're bad tempered. I know they have a high pain tolerance. But I think it's sad, and I feel for them.

Did you see that bull fly through the air? He was airborn, traveling horizontally AND vertically. Like he had springs in his feet. Unreal. But I see his mouth open and I think, he's distressed, poor thing.

• Banned
They were showing that on Fox this morning.

I'm a meat eater.
I have had livestock and dealt with livestock off and on all my life.
The men in my family are hunters.
I've participated in rodeos, been a rodeo princess (a really long time ago) and participate in the Round Up almost every year.

And I appreciate the whole culture thing of bullfighting, and understand that they honor the bull and all that hogwash...

But...I'm sorry, I feel sorry for the bulls. I know they're bad tempered. I know they have a high pain tolerance. But I think it's sad, and I feel for them.

Did you see that bull fly through the air? He was airborn, traveling horizontally AND vertically. Like he had springs in his feet. Unreal. But I see his mouth open and I think, he's distressed, poor thing.

I agree. I understand what bull fights are and what it means but i still feel for the bull.

Good for the Bull!

Always strange when there is a violent or dangerous sporting event and everyone gets all, that was so surprising a fan was injured. The bull still lost. Seems like it should have gained its freedom.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqEn57tVA1s]YouTube - Votre Toast (Toreador Song) - Dmitri Hvorostovsky[/ame]

As a kid when we went on vacation to Spain (go ahead and make the Michelle Obama jokes now), and as a part of exploring the culture we went to a bull fight. It was the single most disgusting thing I have seen in my life, and that includes watching a man bleed out on the sidewalk after cracking his skull open in a motorcycle accident. Bull fights are not just cruel, they are down right sadistic. The matadors cause as much possible pain to the bull before they finish it off. In many fights the bull will be stabbed and or slashed as many as 20-30 times before they kill it. At the bull fight I attended, the bull had 12 small daggers embedded in its body before the speared it in the throat.

So to the bull, I say good for you. Good for at least putting some fear of god into those sick sadistic fucks!

I went to a cock fight once. It was sort of fascinating..there was a ticketbooth, and an old garage that turned into a ring and bleachers...but when they were done, everything hid away and a car went in there, you couldn't tell..it was trippy. They even had sentries to look out for state cops.

But I just couldn't watch the birds kill each other. I watched a little, but it just sort of goes on and on, and blech.

I went to a cock fight once. It was sort of fascinating..there was a ticketbooth, and an old garage that turned into a ring and bleachers...but when they were done, everything hid away and a car went in there, you couldn't tell..it was trippy. They even had sentries to look out for state cops.

But I just couldn't watch the birds kill each other. I watched a little, but it just sort of goes on and on, and blech.

yeah.... its just the brutality of it right?

Talk about justice!

All these people paying to watch the bull get killed. Glad to see so many injured

Payback is a bitch

I dont like that a ten year old child was gored in the gut but this practice of bull fighting is evil fucking shit.

Talk about justice!

All these people paying to watch the bull get killed. Glad to see so many injured

Payback is a bitch

You do realize a 10 yr kid got his skull crushed and is in serious condition?

I feel the sentiment about the barbarism of bull fighting and the inhumaneness of a person getting paid big bucks to torture a Bull before killing him, but don't be so leftist to say a child getting his skull crushed deserved it!

Talk about justice!

Payback is a bitch

You do realize a 10 yr kid got his skull crushed and is in serious condition?

I feel the sentiment about the barbarism of bull fighting and the inhumaneness of a person getting paid big bucks to torture a Bull before killing him, but don't be so leftist to say a child getting his skull crushed deserved it!

And I place the blame on his parents and not the bull.

To bring your child to such a spectacle is no better than bringing children to a public execution

Its like the people at that desert truck race attacking the driver who crashed when it was themselves who crowed near the racing trucks

I am a little surprised on this thread. I expected someone to defend bullfighting as a cultural tradition. Certainly someone should be sensitive to this?

Good for the Bull!

--- video ---- edited out of reply --- something about the rules.

Good for the bull, but bad for you.

Bull gives crowd more than they bargained for.

I hope everyone is okay, but I find myself cheering on the Bull. Bullfighting is barbaric. Fuck the culture.
Throughout history, culture has been used to justify human sacrifice, slavery, and bigotry.

[youtube]VWAIjYs9Lws[/youtube]

---

and then there is this happening before...

[youtube]uxFTYVI_IVU[/youtube]

---

I'm an idiot. said:
Good for the Bull!

YouTube - Spain Rampage: Raging bull charges into crowd injuring 40 at bullfight

Yesterday @ 06:59 PM: Posted by "I'm an idiot."

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...more-than-they-bargained-for.html#post2638654

Forum List

Back