Good bye to a product never to be made ever again........

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
19 years ago, I purchased at HomeDepot a florescence light bulb that promised to last 10 years.....I bought 2 at the huge price of 19.00. I was taken aback at the price but I bought it anyways......tonight after 19 years of being on continuously, (I had it in my laundry room all these years, always on).....tonight it finally flickered out and I have to give a shout out about it.....

It was made by a company called Ology, first of the flourence spiral design bulbs to hit the market about 20 years ago......and it performed well, staying on all these years..unfuckinbelievable!!
images

Of course today, what I purchase back then is out of commission because God forbid you buy anything in this country that isn't shit....or its nothing but short lived bs copy cat bulbs....but this product was the first and only of its kind in my opinion ever made that kept to his promise of longevity...so I salute its maker and I sigh, knowing a product of this kind, that actually lasts and gives you your money worth.....WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY OF MARKETING AGAIN!!

thus the American way!!!

19 years ago, I purchased at HomeDepot a florescence light bulb that promised to last 10 years.....I bought 2 at the huge price of 19.00. I was taken aback at the price but I bought it anyways......tonight after 19 years of being on continuously, (I had it in my laundry room all these years, always on).....tonight it finally flickered out and I have to give a shout out about it.....

It was made by a company called Ology, first of the flourence spiral design bulbs to hit the market about 20 years ago......and it performed well, staying on all these years..unfuckinbelievable!!
images

Of course today, what I purchase back then is out of commission because God forbid you buy anything in this country that isn't shit....or its nothing but short lived bs copy cat bulbs....but this product was the first and only of its kind in my opinion ever made that kept to his promise of longevity...so I salute its maker and I sigh, knowing a product of this kind, that actually lasts and gives you your money worth.....WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY OF MARKETING AGAIN!!

thus the American way!!!
I refuse to buy one of those lights.

• Banned

images

thus the American way!!!
I don't buy em anymore, because they're no better than a standard light bulb, but this one that I bought back in the day....man, I tell you, it lasted for almost 20 years...20 years always on, never off...it was the bomb and I hate that I will never see a product like this again on the market...it worked and it worked well.....yeah, the shit today...not worth a piece of shit, as is most shit out of China and Mexico!!

images

thus the American way!!!

You never flipped the switch to turn the light off? Do you have a bucket that you poked a hole in so it slowly leaks water as you carry it as well? LOL

Turn the light off! I know the dark allows for ghosts to roam free but once you flip the light on they scatter. Everyone knows ghosts don't like the light.

You left your light on for 19 years ? Shame on you

images

thus the American way!!!
good luck finding one that lasts 6 months now, with the mandate, from this admin, they have no competition

images

thus the American way!!!
I don't buy em anymore, because they're no better than a standard light bulb, but this one that I bought back in the day....man, I tell you, it lasted for almost 20 years...20 years always on, never off...it was the bomb and I hate that I will never see a product like this again on the market...it worked and it worked well.....yeah, the shit today...not worth a piece of shit, as is most shit out of China and Mexico!!
Thank your electrician. A good, dependable electrical connection maximizes a lightbulb's lifespan. You got some solid wiring in your house.

It is like some Nirvana for moths.
"Dude, I know a place where the light is on ALL THE TIME."
"Oh come on, that's just a myth there isn't really a place like that."
"Yes there is, I've been there. I was out looking for a flame but I flew into this laundry room and when the guy left he didn't turn the light off. Ever. And he leaves clothes lying around all the time so there is plenty to eat. And no ghosts or praying mantis'."

There are two flats directly across from mine where both have a huge ceiling lamp on 24/7.
EDIT: Here's one of them.
24-7.jpg

Last edited:
Buy LED lights, the technology is proven for almost all applications now. New NFL stadiums are equipped with them. Energy efficient and bright or low key as you want them to be.

images

thus the American way!!!

i have bought 1000s of them for the hotels management

they dont really last all that long

currently on the last hotel conversion to LED

images

thus the American way!!!

i have bought 1000s of them for the hotels management

they dont really last all that long

currently on the last hotel conversion to LED
They don't last long....today....but back then....them bulbs was kick ass. Sorry.

images

thus the American way!!!
Thank your electrician. A good, dependable electrical connection maximizes a lightbulb's lifespan. You got some solid wiring in your house.
NOT....my home was built in the 40's.

News Flash....finally a thread without Obama being blamed for my bulb going out.

Forum List

Back