Good and bad handshakes

IMDaugur

Apr 8, 2009
Before Nixon resigned in disgrace, he was photographed shaking hands with cold war enemy Leonid Brezhnev, the Republicans cheered.
The Communist fearing GOP watched his handshake with Brezhnev never criticized Gerald Ford.
His loyal subjects cheered when King Reagan shook hands with Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev.
When Bush Sr. shook the hand of Boris Yeltsin, the praise from his fellow Republicans was endless, and the same goes when Dubya shook the hand of Vladimir Putin. All of these Soviet and Russian leaders had nuclear missiles aimed at this country, but the Republican presidents were commended for their shows of friendship toward the enemy.
April 2009, President Obama incurs the wrath of the right-wingers for shaking hands with Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez. This Latin American leader has no missiles pointed at this country, and in the past offered low cost heating oil to the poor here in the U.S. His generous offer was refused by then president Dubya, and it is held as a certainty by the GOP that all of the folks that were freezing in their homes were grateful for the protection Dubya gave them from this affordable heating fuel.

Before Nixon resigned in disgrace, he was photographed shaking hands with cold war enemy Leonid Brezhnev, the Republicans cheered.
The Communist fearing GOP watching his handshake with Brezhnev never criticized Gerald Ford.
His loyal subjects cheered when King Reagan shook hands with Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev.
When Bush Sr. shook the hand of Boris Yeltsin, the praise from his fellow Republicans was endless, and the same goes when Dubya shook the hand of Vladimir Putin. All of these Soviet and Russian leaders had nuclear missiles aimed at this country, but the Republican presidents were commended for their shows of friendship toward the enemy.
April 2009, President Obama incurs the wrath of the right-wingers for shaking hands with Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez. This Latin American leader has no missiles pointed at this country, and in the past offered low cost heating oil to the poor here in the U.S. His generous offer was refused by then president Dubya, and it is held as a certainty by the GOP that all of the folks that were freezing in their homes were grateful for the protection Dubya gave them from this affordable heating fuel.

This Latin American leader has no missiles pointed at this country, and in the past offered low cost heating oil to the poor here in the U.S.
What a dickhead, praising a cheap thug!

This is why people don't trust the left, you are always fast to make friends with the shit of the world, and excuse it's excesses.

The Communist fearing GOP watching his handshake with Brezhnev never criticized Gerald Ford.

The handshake story is already cold.

The hand shake itself was no big deal.

what was bothersome is that our "leader" just sat there smiling while tin pot dictators like Ortega rant about how tyrannical the US is.

what was bothersome is that our "leader" just sat there smiling while tin pot dictators like Ortega rant about how tyrannical the US is.

You must be very well rested like so many others here, it is apparent that you and those like you slept through the last eight years.

Did you want Obama to start a big fight over his words at that point? He did the right thing ignoring it. Ortega once again looks like the fool. Nobody believes him.

You must be very well rested like so many others here, it is apparent that you and those like you slept through the last eight years.

So now the "leader" of the US must debase himself because a few insignificant latin American dictators didn't like Bush.

Puhlease. What is with the ass kissing obsession of you lefty moonbats?

Did you want Obama to start a big fight over his words at that point? He did the right thing ignoring it. Ortega once again looks like the fool. Nobody believes him.

The righties must believe that Dubya would have sent troops to invade and avenge Ortega's words. Who knows, Dubya might have done just that, and with their blessings.

The righties must believe that Dubya would have sent troops to invade and avenge Ortega's words. Who knows, Dubya might have done just that, and with their blessings.

No I'm thinking a 40 foot high concrete wall topped with razor wire and patrolled by marines should be our reply to to Latin America. After all they hate us so much that keeping them the fuck out shouldn't bother them at all.

No I'm thinking a 40 foot high concrete wall topped with razor wire and patrolled by marines should be our reply to to Latin America. After all they hate us so much that keeping them the fuck out shouldn't bother them at all.

How would you propose that wall be paid for? It would be a Federal Project and create jobs for Americans, and you know how much you righties are against any taxpayer money going to the American workers. Perhaps Halliburton could build it with workers outsourced from India, that should meet with the right-wingers approval.

How would you propose that wall be paid for? It would be a Federal Project and create jobs for Americans, and you know how much you righties are against any taxpayer money going to the American workers. Perhaps Halliburton could build it with workers outsourced from India, that should meet with the right-wingers approval.

It would be built by the Army Corp of engineers you idiot.

Certainly pulling everyone out of Iraq and Afghanistan would free up the necessary funds. We never should have been there anyway.

Don't think about that last statement too much though, it might be incompatible with you thinking I'm some right winger. I wouldn't want you get a headache or anything.

Certainly pulling everyone out of Iraq and Afghanistan would free up the necessary funds. We never should have been there anyway.

Don't think about that last statement too much though, it might be incompatible with you thinking I'm some right winger. I wouldn't want you get a headache or anything.

The Engineers do not work for free, and the materials would be a major cost, or do you expect the suppliers to donate the steel and concrete? Don't forget about the fuel costs, we do not want to cheat the oil companies. You righties believe that the bottom line is most important, and the troops in the Middle East are fighting the terrorists there so they do not come here. You should try and speak out of one side of your mouth at a time, other wise you might hurt yourself.

The Engineers do not work for free, and the materials would be a major cost, or do you expect the suppliers to donate the steel and concrete? Don't forget about the fuel costs, we do not want to cheat the oil companies. You righties believe that the bottom line is most important, and the troops in the Middle East are fighting the terrorists there so they do not come here. You should try and speak out of one side of your mouth at a time, other wise you might hurt yourself.

I get on everyone for this (well, the far right or left) ... generalization of the group ... how can you claim to be liberal? Us true liberals do NOT believe in that. Yes, us "lefties" are against that "you ..." crap. Stop making us look bad, please, it's bad enough we have a president that is screwing things up as bad as the last one claiming our label.

You are fucking thick aren't you?

tell me, how do you reconcile the facts that I never supported Bush and was never for the Iraq war with your pigeonholing me as a right winger? You really can't think but bound by very specific paradigms can you?

And The Army Corp of Engineers is already on the payroll, so no big expense to use them to build something. And I already told you the savings from pulling out of Iraq and Afghanistan would be more than enough to fund the border wall.

Forum List

Back