Gold's Real Value?...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
gold-price-2006-dollars-760170.gif

^I Found that... But I was Thinking before I Looked it up that I Remember Gold being $700 or so an oz. a few Decades ago...

Inflation Factored in, Today's "Record Highs" aren't really...

Are they?

:)

peace...

Gold is in a bubble right now. It will burst like every other bubble.

but not likely to go lower than the $635/oz I think it was I paid. At least in the rest of my life.

Real value is totally subjective. It's value is whatever someone wants to pay for it.
Just like the value of anything else.

Gold is in a bubble right now. It will burst like every other bubble.

but not likely to go lower than the $635/oz I think it was I paid. At least in the rest of my life.

Real value is totally subjective. It's value is whatever someone wants to pay for it.
Just like the value of anything else.

No it's Not... It's Value when Compared to it's Peak in the 80's has to be Compared with Inflation that has Happened.

Obviously Paying $700/oz in the 80's was MORE than $700/oz would be today.

peace...

Yeah they always do, but I will likely be dead before then and have most of it spent :)
I gave an eagle to the local foodbank last week.

Got a few more years in me. Probably. But with the way the US economy looks for the next 10 years ro so I think My gold value is safe till after I die.

Got a few more years in me. Probably. But with the way the US economy looks for the next 10 years ro so I think My gold value is safe till after I die.

When the Economy starts Growing and jobs start Returning next Spring/Summer, you will Lose Value in Gold...

Gold's Value goes up in Recessions... It did this in the Carter/Reagan Recession, and then it Shit the Bed and Stayed on the Floor for YEARS...

You see it Happening... Sell.

I am Heavily Invested in Lead... ;)

peace...

When the Economy starts Growing and jobs start Returning next Spring/Summer, you will Lose Value in Gold...

Gold's Value goes up in Recessions... It did this in the Carter/Reagan Recession, and then it Shit the Bed and Stayed on the Floor for YEARS...

peace...

Gold set for worst two-day loss since 1983 | Reuters

peace...

I don't think gold is really a bubble since fundamentals strongly support the rise in it's value.

Maybe someone can argue that it has gone up too much, but tbh I expect the trend to continue as one might expect during times of inflation (the 1T a year of money printing) and weak economy. Sure some bumps may happen though.

Last edited:
I don't think gold is really a bubble since fundamentals strongly support the rise in it's value.

Maybe someone can argue that it has gone up too much, but tbh I expect the trend to continue as one might expect during times of inflation (the 1T a year of money printing) and weak economy.

The bulk of it's Rise what out of Economic Collapse Panic. :thup:

It went from 350 to about 600 during the 9/11 and Post 9/11 Bush Era... About 8 years.

2008 and the Correction?... Went from 600 to 1900 in 4 years.

That's a Fucking Bubble driven by Emotion... End it List.

peace...

peace...

Gold set for worst two-day loss since 1983 | Reuters

peace...

On November 25 2009, gold closed at $1115. It then hit a high of $1921 on September 6 2011 as the economy expanded. On April 15 2013, gold closed at $1371.

Edit - And oh, gold went up every year for 12 years in a row beginning in 2000 regardless whether or not the economy was expanding or contracting.

Last edited:
Bottom line = Gold is "precious" only so long as enough people agree that it is........

When too many agree, it is a top- when too few agree, it is a bottom.

I've bought gold off an on for years. Never made much and never lost much, however I think's it's good hedge in a portfolio.

Forum List

Back