Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Suckers!!!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Goldline Execs Charged With Fraud

Goldline, a company that used endorsements from Glenn Beck and other conservative icons to sell hundreds of millions of dollars worth of gold to consumers, has been charged with theft and fraud in a 19-count criminal complaint filed Tuesday by local officials in California.

The criminal complaint filed Tuesday by the Santa Monica City Attorney's consumer protection unit marks the latest in a series of allegations it has leveled against the gold dealer, which pioneered the practice of weaving its sales pitches into broadcasts by popular conservative political personalities -- including two former presidential candidates -- to sell hundreds of millions of dollars worth of gold every year.

The complaint alleges that Goldline "runs a bait and switch operation in which customers, seeking to invest in gold bullion, are switched to highly overpriced coins by using false and misleading claims," according to a statement released by the consumer affairs division of the Santa Monica City Attorney's office.

The company has been charged in the court filing with misdemeanors that include theft by false pretenses, false advertising, and conspiracy, the City Attorney's office said. In addition to the charges against the company, the complaint accuses former CEO Mark Albarian, executives Robert Fazio and Luis Beeli, and salespeople Charles Boratgis and Stephanie Howard of defrauding customers. Current CEO Scott Carter is accused of making false or misleading statements. Each of the charged offenses carries a maximum penalty of one year in jail and maximum fines of between $1,000 and $10,000 per offense.

Caveat emptor.

They sold the sizzle of the steak then convinced the fightened dupes to buy hamburger instead, but to pay filet mignon pries for it, too.

:lol:

I think that's the least surprising thread title I've ever seen on USMB. It's really sad that people can't simply follow a simple rule,

if it's advertised around cable news or talk radio, DON"T BUY IT. Period. No matter what it is.

That's why I don't buy gold coins, just bars. Coins have a numismatic value that isn't tied to the price of gold. Yeah it can go up but of course, it can go down as well. I've never had a problem hanging up on salesmen, or going somewhere else if they try to sell me something I didn't want.

Let's see, from Goldline's FAQ section on their website:
http://www.goldline.com/faq-goldquestions
24. Prices for coins such as the Swiss 20 Franc, British Sovereign and the French Rooster generally follow the spot price of gold. When gold goes up, these coins go up and when gold goes down, these prices go down. However, there may be a premium for these coins based upon demand as numismatic or semi-numismatic items.
25. All investments have risk, including gold and silver. Markets go up and down and any investment can lose money. You should read our risk disclosure booklet and our Account and Storage Agreement for a complete explanation of the risks involved and conduct your own due diligence.
When some guy with an Indian accent calls my house and says:
"Mr. XXX, I see that you have a mortgage, would you like to refinance?", I have no problem telling them: "Take me off your call list" then hanging up.

And when I call someplace to buy something and the guy (or gal) tried to sell me something else, it's not hard for me to say no! Just say no!

I buy my gold and silver online from apmex(dot)com, whom I heard about from others that buy gold and silver, and have never had a problem. I take physical delivery of it by the way.

Last edited:
That's why I don't buy gold coins, just bars. Coins have a numismatic value that isn't tied to the price of gold. Yeah it can go up but of course, it can go down as well. I've never had a problem hanging up on salesmen, or going somewhere else if they try to sell me something I didn't want.

24. Prices for coins such as the Swiss 20 Franc, British Sovereign and the French Rooster generally follow the spot price of gold. When gold goes up, these coins go up and when gold goes down, these prices go down. However, there may be a premium for these coins based upon demand as numismatic or semi-numismatic items.
25. All investments have risk, including gold and silver. Markets go up and down and any investment can lose money. You should read our risk disclosure booklet and our Account and Storage Agreement for a complete explanation of the risks involved and conduct your own due diligence.
"Mr. XXX, I see that you have a mortgage, would you like to refinance?", I have no problem telling them: "Take me off your call list" then hanging up.

And when I call someplace to buy something and the guy (or gal) tried to sell me something else, it's not hard for me to say no! Just say no!

I buy my gold and silver online from apmex(dot)com, whom I heard about from others that buy gold and silver, and have never had a problem. I take physical delivery of it by the way.

Where do you live again? :razz:

It's the people who don't take physical delivery who'll be stuck when they can't get their gold in the future, or the gov't just confiscates it. (No, I'm not giving mine up)

I'll PM you my address but be advised; My home, family and investments are protected by Mr Remington and Mr. Glock. Mrs. Scientist has become a pretty good shot too!

Good luck! :lol:

Suckers!!!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Goldline Execs Charged With Fraud

Goldline, a company that used endorsements from Glenn Beck and other conservative icons to sell hundreds of millions of dollars worth of gold to consumers, has been charged with theft and fraud in a 19-count criminal complaint filed Tuesday by local officials in California.

The criminal complaint filed Tuesday by the Santa Monica City Attorney's consumer protection unit marks the latest in a series of allegations it has leveled against the gold dealer, which pioneered the practice of weaving its sales pitches into broadcasts by popular conservative political personalities -- including two former presidential candidates -- to sell hundreds of millions of dollars worth of gold every year.

The complaint alleges that Goldline "runs a bait and switch operation in which customers, seeking to invest in gold bullion, are switched to highly overpriced coins by using false and misleading claims," according to a statement released by the consumer affairs division of the Santa Monica City Attorney's office.

The company has been charged in the court filing with misdemeanors that include theft by false pretenses, false advertising, and conspiracy, the City Attorney's office said. In addition to the charges against the company, the complaint accuses former CEO Mark Albarian, executives Robert Fazio and Luis Beeli, and salespeople Charles Boratgis and Stephanie Howard of defrauding customers. Current CEO Scott Carter is accused of making false or misleading statements. Each of the charged offenses carries a maximum penalty of one year in jail and maximum fines of between $1,000 and $10,000 per offense.

Over a year ago, I heard that Goldline had been ripping off people by selling them overpriced coins. As I understand it, they were selling the coins as gold, not as collectables at a premium to the spot price of gold.

I don't know if it is illegal but it is certainly unethical.

Wait a minute. A federal or international complaint is one thing but the filing of a complaint by the folks that gave us the Santa Monica Pier? Ever been to the Pier? You could lock up the whole criminal enterprise.

The saddest part of this is that over the past few years, buying gold, or gold stocks, was the right thing to do for these people, assuming they dealt with someone honest. One of those once a lifetime type bull markets. And now they end up with little or nothing to show for it.

That's why when you talk about what someone like Glen Beck does for a living, this is what he does for a living...

...he is paid to sell this kind of stuff. Mostly crap, mostly scams. He, and all the rest of them, mind you,

are crap and scam salesmen. They should not be honored with any loftier titles.

That's why when you talk about what someone like Glen Beck does for a living, this is what he does for a living...

...he is paid to sell this kind of stuff. Mostly crap, mostly scams. He, and all the rest of them, mind you,

are crap and scam salesmen. They should not be honored with any loftier titles.

I love the show "American Greed" and can't wait until this story comes out!

It's the people who don't take physical delivery who'll be stuck when they can't get their gold in the future, or the gov't just confiscates it. (No, I'm not giving mine up)

I'll PM you my address but be advised; My home, family and investments are protected by Mr Remington and Mr. Glock. Mrs. Scientist has become a pretty good shot too!

Good luck! :lol:

Paul and Kucinich? I've never made that connection, but I love it!

I feel bad for those poor saps on Hannity forums, unable to talk about it for fear of death or banning.

Forum List

Back