Going to try to get through the New Testament this year...

do you worry your Spirit may be lost, its history is disturbing to say the least - whatever one I began reading I set down after the first page -

worse yet, I've come to the conclusion christiaity, that book, is a 4th century agenda disguised as a religion. deliberately subtle.

good luck ...

That should say Testament...

...using the 5x5x5 Plan on this page...Bible Reading Plans for 2017

Claims 5 minutes per night, we'll see how it goes.

Going try to get through all the Silver Age DC's this year.

Wish me luck.
How are you doing so far? I would love it if each time you read some you would give us a synopsis of what you got out of it

I'm curious if it's just me or is it just a book of random ramblings. Not a very good story. Maybe you can explain it as you go. I think it would be very interesting people would enterprit chapters differently. This could end up being the longest thread and go a year.

What have you read so far? How does it start?
The Prodigal son. The father was waiting outside for his son's return. Pretty unthinkable in those days for a father to lower his self to wait on a son. The prodigal son rehearsed his lines so we would know what he thought would happen. He never got the chance because the father rushed at him with open arms. They had to tell us what he was going to say before he said it otherwise we would have never have learned it. The older son represents all the people who do things the right way and can't bear it when someone else is forgiven. And finally... the father will only come rushing to the son IF the son makes the first move, and He is always waiting for us to do so. Good stuff, mate. Don't take too long to come home.

Wish me luck.
How are you doing so far? I would love it if each time you read some you would give us a synopsis of what you got out of it

I'm curious if it's just me or is it just a book of random ramblings. Not a very good story. Maybe you can explain it as you go. I think it would be very interesting people would enterprit chapters differently. This could end up being the longest thread and go a year.

The Prodigal son. The father was waiting outside for his son's return. Pretty unthinkable in those days for a father to lower his self to wait on a son. The prodigal son rehearsed his lines so we would know what he thought would happen. He never got the chance because the father rushed at him with open arms. They had to tell us what he was going to say before he said it otherwise we would have never have learned it. The older son represents all the people who do things the right way and can't bear it when someone else is forgiven. And finally... the father will only come rushing to the son IF the son makes the first move, and He is always waiting for us to do so. Good stuff, mate. Don't take too long to come home.
That's a good lesson for me. I'm fighting with my dad he just lost his wife in August so I can't stay mad at him too long so I called him the next day and you could tell he was sorry even though he is stubborn and will never admit being wrong. He would have never called me first. If I went a week he'd go a week. A month. Forever. Stubborn man. But when I call all's forgiven.

He said he'd cut me out of his will if I married a woman with kids because he wouldn't want half his stuff going to some kids who aren't his. I said. "dad you'll be dead by then it'll be my money. You don't want me to have half give it all to your grandkids.

Wish me luck.

I started with Mark, and so far it is pretty straightforward. Mark goes thru the days with Jesus very, very quickly. You should give it a try. Sixteen chapters about two pages each. I have a single column Bible...it definitely reads more like a book that way. I'm backing it up with a Quest Study Bible. So far I am one day behind.

20170118_233148.jpg

It's a Crossway Heritage ESV Single column...here's a link (currently out of stock @ Amazon)...ESV Single Column Heritage Bible (TruTone, Deep Brown, Ornate Cross Design): ESV Bibles by Crossway: 9781433537363: Amazon.com: Books

I think it was $16 at Barnes and Noble when I got it.

Link to Quest Study Bible...NIV, Quest Study Bible, Hardcover: The Question and Answer Bible: Zondervan: 9780310941484: Amazon.com: Books

Wish me luck.

I started with Mark, and so far it is pretty straightforward. Mark goes thru the days with Jesus very, very quickly. You should give it a try. Sixteen chapters about two pages each. I have a single column Bible...it definitely reads more like a book that way. I'm backing it up with a Quest Study Bible. So far I am one day behind.

It's a Crossway Heritage ESV Single column...here's a link (currently out of stock @ Amazon)...ESV Single Column Heritage Bible (TruTone, Deep Brown, Ornate Cross Design): ESV Bibles by Crossway: 9781433537363: Amazon.com: Books

I think it was $16 at Barnes and Noble when I got it.

Link to Quest Study Bible...NIV, Quest Study Bible, Hardcover: The Question and Answer Bible: Zondervan: 9780310941484: Amazon.com: Books

So it starts by telling the story of Jesus. Tell me the next part once you get through it.

I read the bible and didn't get much out of it. I don't remember what I read like I do stories with beginning, middles and ends.

Just tell me the main points.

1. It talked about the days of Jesus
2.?
3.?
Etc

And if anyone wants to to show me they read the bible and understands it, please tell me. It's not a story that flows. Was it purposely written this way? It's not a story with a beginning middle and end, is it?

And if anyone wants to to show me they read the bible and understands it, please tell me. It's not a story that flows. Was it purposely written this way? It's not a story with a beginning middle and end, is it?

The gospels were intentionally written in figurative language to conceal, preserve and compel the teaching of Jesus into the future while confounding the enemy and diverting irrational people who tend to be taken in by superstitious archaic lore.. They were all written after the destruction of Judea, the temple and the Jewish way of life and spread throughout the empire and not because Jesus or his disciples loved the Romans so much.

"This, he told me, is the curse which goes out over all the land; for by the writing on one side every thief shall be swept clean away and by the writing on the other every perjurer shall be swept clean away. I have sent it out, the Lord of hosts has said, and it shall enter the house of the thief and the house of the man who has perjured himself in my name. It shall stay inside that house and demolish it, timbers and stones and all."

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations."

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

This sword, that Jesus said that he came to bring, is a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine.

"Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant."

:wine:

Last edited:
See what I mean? You can't just read the bible you have to read each paragraph and then have a discussion with 5 scholars who will not agree with the meaning.

See what I mean? You can't just read the bible you have to read each paragraph and then have a discussion with 5 scholars who will not agree with the meaning.

"So he drove the man out and to the east of Eden he placed the Cherubim with a flaming and flashing sword that turns in every direction, to guard the way to the tree of life"

"So he drove the man out and to the east of Eden he placed the Cherubim with a flaming and flashing sword that turns in every direction, to guard the way to the tree of life"
Who's he? What's a cherbum? What's the significance of the flaming and flashing? What does driving the man out have to do with the tree of life?

Can you tell me what this means? And do 9 out of 10 priests agree?

Who's he? What's a cherbum? What's the significance of the flaming and flashing? What does driving the man out have to do with the tree of life?

No, but 4 out of 5 dentists do!

No, but 4 out of 5 dentists do!
Seriously can you tell me what that passage was about? So the same thing happens when someone is told to read the bible and they do. Unless someone who thinks they know can translate it, it really isn't saying anything specific.

I'm sure behind every parable is a message but it's really all over the place

A cheribum is a mythological creature representative of a specific type of human being. There were two on the top of the box in which the law was kept. These two represent either two living creatures or one creature that appears twice suggested by their looking back at each other as if speaking across the river of time as in the vision of daniel.

Then I, Daniel, looked and behold, two others were standing, one on this bank of the river and the other on that bank of the river. And one said to the man dressed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, "How long will it be until the end of these wonders?

The flaming and flashing represent the fantastical stories of supernatural events. These diversions were put in place to guard the way to the tree of life. Keeping the meaning of the law secret and hidden from froward individuals.

There are Greek priests who are still debating the enterpritation

rely on your own counsel.

If you want to avoid some confusion you should avoid the advice of men who read the bible and have come to believe that God is edible.
So even you don't know what that passage means. Thank you for admitting it
No I am telling you to use the brains god gave you. Are you saying that you can't figure out the teaching of stories written by bronze age goat herders to instruct their children?

A cheribum is a mythological creature representative of a specific type of human being. There were two on the top of the box in which the law was kept. These two represent either two living creatures or one creature that appears twice suggested by their looking back at each other as if speaking across the river of time as in the vision of daniel.

Then I, Daniel, looked and behold, two others were standing, one on this bank of the river and the other on that bank of the river. And one said to the man dressed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, "How long will it be until the end of these wonders?

The flaming and flashing represent the fantastical stories of supernatural events. These diversions were put in place to guard the way to the tree of life. Keeping the meaning of the law secret and hidden from froward individuals.
The Cherubim are the Praetorian Guards of the Heavens.

The Seraphim are the household servants of God.

Forum List

Back