Going to MegaCon next weekend.

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
MegaCon, Orlando Florida.

My wife and I have a booth in the vendor's room. We make custom jewelry and nick-nacks for all tastes. She specializes in Anime and crosses over into Sci Fi and Steampunk, I specialize in horror and Steampunk and dabble into Sci Fi.

We go there every year and it's always a blast. Come to the show and bring money. :eusa_whistle:

Seriously, any fellow Con attendees here?

I had to google it to find out what Mega Con is.

For others equally as clueless as I, the link:

MegaCon 2012:

Lol, before 2003 I would have had to google it as well.

There is also:

MetroCon
VulCon
DragonCon
AnimeCon
SpookyCon (aka Spooky Empire)
ComiCon
BlizzCon

MetroCon is like MegaCon only smaller. It is a combination of all the genre's and then some.

Sci Fi
Anime
Horror
Steampunk
Fantasy
Cosplay
LARP
Comics
Gaming

At these Cons, there are stars that show up to meet and greet and sign autographs. Since I've started going, I've collected and/or met the following people:

Brent Spiner (Data)
Patrick Stewart (Capt. Picard)
Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead, Burn Notice)
The guy who wore the Chewbacca suit.
Lance Henricksen (Alien series, Terminator)
Bruce Boxleitner (Babylon 5)
Stan Lee (Creator of so many comic books)
Mila Yovovich (5th Element, Resident Evil)
Jake Busey (Starship Troopers)
Nichelle Nichols (Lt. Uhura)
James Doohan (Scottie)
Levar Burton (Commander LaForge)
Tony Todd (Candyman)

And others...

It is often some crazy stuff.

At Spooky Empire a few months back there was a Zombie Walk where the police shut down a major road and allowed a couple dozen people dressed as the undead cross the road. it was pretty awesome.

Some of the craziest things I've seen at cons are the LARPers. LARP is Live Action Role Playing. Most often this takes the form of master/slave relationship, but it isn't restricted to that. then there are the "furries" people who dress up in animal costumes.

Imo, a lot of the role playing and dressing up is normal fun, not that I am interested in it. I've seen some very amazing costumes, and then again I've seen people dressed as Superman and Wonder Woman who should NEVER be in any kind of spandex. Ever.

My oldest goes to Comic Con each year (San Diego?).
Anyhow- he's there as a Hollywood Studio rep.
He says it's the craziest shit he's ever seen LOL.

There are Comic Cons all over, but from what I understand, the one in San Diego is the largest. One day i hope to make enough at these things to be able to travel to them. Right now I can only affor my home state of Florida.

MegaCon 2012:

There is also:

MetroCon
VulCon
DragonCon
AnimeCon
ComiCon
BlizzCon

MetroCon is like MegaCon only smaller. It is a combination of all the genre's and then some.

Sci Fi
Anime
Horror
Steampunk
Fantasy
Cosplay
LARP
Comics
Gaming

In Indianapolis there is a ComiCon each summer and i have occasionally been impressed by the folks who dress up and attend.

I'm never aware of the dates involved so when these people appear on the street as princess Laya (sp?) or C3PO or others that i have no clue on, it's always a source of amusement.

I don't participate, but I do like the spectacle.

MegaCon 2012:

There is also:

MetroCon
VulCon
DragonCon
AnimeCon
ComiCon
BlizzCon

Sci Fi
Anime
Horror
Steampunk
Fantasy
Cosplay
LARP
Comics
Gaming

In Indianapolis there is a ComiCon each summer and i have occasionally been impressed by the folks who dress up and attend.

I'm never aware of the dates involved so when these people appear on the street as princess Laya (sp?) or C3PO or others that i have no clue on, it's always a source of amusement.

I don't participate, but I do like the spectacle.

One of the reasons I enjoy going is the people watching.

I've never been a con type of person, but I have friends that occasionally go. There's actually still a couple of DragonCon passes on the fridge from last year when my roommate went.

Too many people, not really anything for me to do (that I'd enjoy), just not my thing.

I've never been a con type of person, but I have friends that occasionally go. There's actually still a couple of DragonCon passes on the fridge from last year when my roommate went.

Too many people, not really anything for me to do (that I'd enjoy), just not my thing.

Well, my main reason for going is that I have a vendor's booth where I sell my stuff, but also enjoy the freak show.

MegaCon was awesome.

Saw some great costumes, spent too much money. Thankfully we made great money. Saw a lot of talented artists.

Draco Malfoy has a beard??? I'm getting old.

The one up in Seattle is called Sakuracon. I went up there one year. Didn't meet anyone famous, but I did enjoy all the cosplay. People put serious effort into that.

MegaCon, Orlando Florida.

My wife and I have a booth in the vendor's room. We make custom jewelry and nick-nacks for all tastes. She specializes in Anime and crosses over into Sci Fi and Steampunk, I specialize in horror and Steampunk and dabble into Sci Fi.

We go there every year and it's always a blast. Come to the show and bring money. :eusa_whistle:

Seriously, any fellow Con attendees here?

do you have a website or catalog?

At these Cons, there are stars that show up to meet and greet and sign autographs. Since I've started going, I've collected and/or met the following people:

Brent Spiner (Data)
James Doohan (Scottie)
Tony Todd (Candyman)

And others...

The guy who wore the.... that's PETER FUCKING MAYHEW :rofl:

I collect comics. Even persuaded my wife a few years ago to spend part of her bonus on Giant Size Xmen 1..... Stopped collecting a few years ago now. Tend to buy graphic novels...

Brent Spiner (Data)
James Doohan (Scottie)
Tony Todd (Candyman)

And others...

The guy who wore the.... that's PETER FUCKING MAYHEW :rofl:

Hey, I couldn't remember his name at the time.

Forum List

Back